It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 3:30AM moan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok so I can't sleep and not being as sleep has put me in a bad mood so what better than to have a rant and moan.

Since when did ATS become to political ? When I joined ATS 8 years ago the topics that were being discussed were all about the secret governments, UFOs, cryptozoology, secret government bases/engineering, world wide events. There were threads about geological events, changes in the weather, ancient history and new world order. So today I logged and went to the homepage and was greeted with this

I wouldn't mind as such but there's so many threads that are based around the same topic. just clicking on the political mudpit forum in the first page there are at least 7 threads with the word 'Kavanaugh' in it and that's all I'm starting to see recently on ATS is constant threads about American politics and Trump.

Rant over now I'm going to try and sleep

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

its not over yet - and theres more to come

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When Trump became a threat everything changed.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The only thing more pathetic than a politician are the poor SOBs that defend them.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A lot of people have been complaining about this and will continue to. The wise answer to this is to make the kind of threads you would like to see. I would like to do this more often but I never seem to have the time.

Politics is a mess. People with short-sighted ideologies battling each other endlessly, when in reality they both have things to learn from each other. Because each side exaggerates (or is too quick to snap-judge) the shortcomings of the other side, each side just looks like total bs to the other side, yet never can they see the crap of their own side. Never. If you're a Right-winger you're written off as a human being for being a racist idiot who supports a party of racist idiots. If you're Leftwing, you're a communist-leaning weakling who wants government managing our lives. Both sides of the political spectrum should be embarrassed by the crap they are a part of and defend. But it gets more complicated because of self-interest. Not everyone who supports all the super PC stuff even believes in it truly. Not everyone who supports the wall being built truly believes in that either. Part of it is Us vs. Them (my side versus your side.) Self-interest.

Of course politicians are a bunch of opportunists who prey on people's ideological leanings (or should I say weak-minded attitudes.) These leaders are all buddy-buddy behind the scenes, usually. It's all just players playing players, blah blah, who cares. If our leaders get arrested and placed on trial for their crimes then I'll care about political news. Reporters just read from script what their leaders say. It's not journalism. It's all a game and life is too short for that crap.

edit on 8-10-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Ok so I can't sleep and not being as sleep has put me in a bad mood so what better than to have a rant and moan.

Since when did ATS become to political ? When I joined ATS 8 years ago the topics that were being discussed were all about the secret governments, UFOs, cryptozoology, secret government bases/engineering, world wide events. There were threads about geological events, changes in the weather, ancient history and new world order. So today I logged and went to the homepage and was greeted with this

I wouldn't mind as such but there's so many threads that are based around the same topic. just clicking on the political mudpit forum in the first page there are at least 7 threads with the word 'Kavanaugh' in it and that's all I'm starting to see recently on ATS is constant threads about American politics and Trump.

Rant over now I'm going to try and sleep

Because your opening the wrong page 1st. Go to NEW THREADS....and we got spirits to pyramids to aliens, cryptos, recipes, conspiracies to short stories, black choppers, weaponry, computer help and relationships. All are there every sec and every subject up to the minute...day and hour of postings...

You've started at talked about politics...few mixed hreads...I never go to the open, recent nor "news"...go right to the "New threads" from the click down box.

All you think is not there? It is.....c'mon now. That screenshot doesn't reflect the moment to konetbthreadsvwe are really discussing...and and ufos, the ancient artifacts, history....everything is diverse.
edit on 9-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Eta

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Don't go to the home page too 1st...and no need to ever log in nor out....just stay logged on.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Nearly all the advocates of the topics you mention invested heavily in the "2012" expectation, so when that crashed they had to find other things to talk about.
Theology is still going; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This site is run by NSA they are using it to preach Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You missed the Obama and the Bush years , huh ?
Slept through them Rip ?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just like all the Trump/Clinton and general U.S political posts, here comes another "When did ATS turn to political trash?" posts.

Irony aside, I feel your pain.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
P.S I find clicking "new" at the top or navigating forums by genre tends to eliminates a lot of the politicrap.

Recommend giving it a try.
edit on 9-10-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I didn't know about the 'new' button usually I click abovetopsecret.com on my recent search pages and then hit the 'recent' button. As I stated i couldn't sleep and was trying to look for something 'juicy' to read on ATS, when I logged on I was greeted with the picture I posted and was like 'what the hell happened to ATS' and became fed up.

As for creating my own threads I'll be brutally honest I lack the brain power and time to create anything worthwhile I use to use ATS as a way of expanding my knowledge

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Sometimes having a question you'd like an answer to is a great way to get a thread going.
It's not all about posting information, it can be just as much about seeking it.

top topics

join