It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh and the midterm vote .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I’m almost afraid to post this. Because my position is so obvious it must be wrong.

The Republican ( my party) position was get it done before the “midterms”!!! If we don’t get it done we might never get it done!!!

The Democrats position was sabotage the Kavanaugh nomination before the “midterms”!!! Ask for investigations delay delay delay !!! We just need to hold out until the “midterms” !!! Send protesters to shout at senators and the Senate hearings !!!! Delay delay delay !!! The “midterms” will save us !!!

The Republicans shouted back no we can’t be delayed we need to confirm before the “midterms” !!!

The Conservative media thanked the Democrats for exposing their tactics which fired up our base for the “midterms”.

Liberal media screamed sexist, serial rapist, womanizer and he’s not innocent until he can prove it before the “midterms “.

Again both parties were infatuated with midterms as a deadline.

I just can’t figure out what any of that had to do with the “midterms”.

After the midterms the newly elected senators won’t be sworn in until January 3. So there were two more months.

I can’t see how everybody missed this. Are they all working together to screw with our heads ?

edit on 8-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The only thing it had to do with the midterms was getting the parties riled up to vote.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Kavanaugh was always going to be confirmed. He was the architect's of the Patriot Act wing man, besides the fact that he and Ken Starr prosecuted the Clintons. GWBush lobbied for Kavanaugh. There was no way it wasn't going to happen.

What the Dems did succeed in doing, was making the inevitable confirmation of Kavanaugh about the "War on Women". It ignited their base for the mid-terms. That's the best that they could do. We'll see soon enough if it worked.

Even if there's a "blue wave", I have no faith in spineless Democrats to move any mountains, maybe some mole hills. But the circus they bring could be entertaining.
edit on 8-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And when Trump nominates a Woman for his next Supreme Court selection, zi democrati will all-of-a-sudden become anti-Women.

They always pull their BS when it hurts them the most.

Yay.

HooRah.

Let the balloons loose.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure that if Trump picks a woman for SCOTUS, she will make Aunt Lydia proud.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

How is it a war on wimin with fake gang rape accusations?
Why do you people hate actual victims?
They are not political footballs.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure that if Trump picks a woman for SCOTUS, she will make Aunt Lydia proud.

Hmmm....kinda catchy actually.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Kavanaugh was always going to be confirmed. He was the architect's of the Patriot Act wing man, besides the fact that he and Ken Starr prosecuted the Clintons. GWBush lobbied for Kavanaugh. There was no way it wasn't going to happen.

What the Dems did succeed in doing, was making the inevitable confirmation of Kavanaugh about the "War on Women". It ignited their base for the mid-terms. That's the best that they could do. We'll see soon enough if it worked.

Even if there's a "blue wave", I have no faith in spineless Democrats to move any mountains, maybe some mole hills. But the circus they bring could be entertaining.

I hate to break it to you but there's nobody that was fired up on the left about this that wasn't already fired up. The only ones they woke up were the conservatives.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I always like to leave my positions open ended hoping it will click or someone will poke a hole .

I agree with what you said it was indeed a circus .

My point was that if I didn’t miss anything. Why didn’t the Democrats bring it up ? The Republicans said there wasn’t time for a investigation but there was .

Everybody should’ve known there was time for the confirmation vote after the midterms . But I didn’t hear a whisper from anybody.

That bugs me .

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You ever join a class 1 month after it has started? Hard playing catch-up. Supreme Court started studying their cases for this session back on October 1st.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I always like to leave my positions open ended hoping it will click or someone will poke a hole .

I agree with what you said it was indeed a circus .

My point was that if I didn’t miss anything. Why didn’t the Democrats bring it up ? The Republicans said there wasn’t time for a investigation but there was .

Everybody should’ve known there was time for the confirmation vote after the midterms . But I didn’t hear a whisper from anybody.

That bugs me .

In all fairness, if the Republicans lost the Senate in November and confirmed Kavanaugh between then and January, the screaming from the left would be twice as loud about how "unfair" it is and how it's a "constitutional crisis".

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Democrats couldn’t care ess if he joined the court late they didn’t want him there at all.

When the dems asked for a investigation why weren’t they screaming from the rooftops that there were two months plus left ? The liberal media would’ve had a blast with it and for a change they would’ve actually had a valid point.

Sorry if I sound repetitive but I just can’t get away from that question .

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Well , I think it has to do with the President's Logic in Creating a " Super Majority " in the House and Senate . That way , his Policies could go Forward Unencumbered by the Democrat Obstructionists . Trump " Unchained " could be the Next Step in Making America Great Again As Quickly as Possible . Hmm.....

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Or just maybe he is extremely capable, more so than anyone else on the SC...much of what you talk about was early in his career, so I guess all that was accomplished by some snot nose noob to the game.

So lets look at it...

May 30, 2006 – October 6, 2018 pretty damn successful judge in the highest court just below the SC

Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

2003 - 2006 paper shuffler...this is the period they want ALL those documents...you know the ones he shuffled around...lol

The Staff Secretary ("Staff Sec") is a position in the White House Office responsible for managing paper flow to the President and circulating documents among senior staff for comment. It has been referred to as "the nerve center of the White House."

2001 to 2003 associate by the White House Counsel...

1998 worked on the Starr report then back to private sector

1997-1998 private sector

Some really great clerkships until 1997...He was successful in this roll, but we can't say he was a mover and shaker in anything.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Im watching extremists taking over the democratic party and it scares me. Ive been a democrat my whole life and frankly can't stand Trump. But i keep finding myself having to defend him on stupid things people claim he did. I told my friends Trump would win and the reason is simple.

Democrats no longer allow people to be moderate you have to be an extremist. For example now that the Kavanaugh thing is over they are blaming white women and calling them rape apologists. They are not going to get anywhere if they keep trying to separate people and even elevate others.

Ms. Sarsour, a prominent Palestinian-American activist, blasted Ms. Collins on Twitter as a “white woman” and the “mother & grandmother of white women in America who gave us a Donald Trump presidency.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I just can’t figure out what any of that had to do with the “midterms”. 

After the midterms the newly elected senators won’t be sworn in until January 3. So there were two more months. 

I think the answer you're looking for is that if Kavanaugh's confirmation had been postponed until after the midterm elections, and if the democrats had won enough new seats to be the majority party in the next Senate, then the Dems could invoke the "will of the people" to wait for the next Senate to be sworn in to vote on Kavanaugh -- thus delaying the process into the new year. And, in theory at least, the new Senate would vote against Kavanaugh, forcing Trump to nominate someone the new Dem-majority Senate would approve and confirm.

edit on 9-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Punctuation

edit on 9-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Corrected "Fem-majority" to "Dem-majority"

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

“ invoke the will of the people “

Now that’s a very good point. I wish I could give you another star .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Glad I could help

It's a shame tho that our sad excuse for a free press prefers hyperbole and propaganda to reporting and explaining the very simple principles involved.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you but there's nobody that was fired up on the left about this that wasn't already fired up. The only ones they woke up were the conservatives.

Except that to get the Democrats fired up you have to give them $30 each out of the George Soros bank account. Conservatives get fired up for free.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Actually Democrats plan was to delay until 2020.

top topics

join