It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generator idea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Vector99

(Hint they all pretty much work the same!)

Epic!

P

P

Like I said in the other thread I’m giving dude benefit of the doubt in assuming he’s a troll and not that “special”.

Please! I can't find the other thread and I really want to see it.

Linky please!

P

edit on 8/10/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

(Hint they all pretty much work the same!)

Epic!

P

P

Like I said in the other thread I’m giving dude benefit of the doubt in assuming he’s a troll and not that “special”.

Please! I can't find the other thread and I really want to see it.

Linky please!

P

Enjoy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

What is a snubbing capacitor?

snubbers maintain constant voltage and frequency

What is an electrolytic capacitor?

a very efficient dielectric, commonly used in computers

tantalum capacitors

actually had to look that one up, I'll give you that. Though, it does the same thing as all other capacitors.

Increase/regulate flow of electrons. (probably should have said regulate from the start, but oh well)

Every single capacitor you just listed does the same thing...

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It matters not how many magnets and capacitors you use, or how you hook them up. Understanding the Laws of thermodynamics will save you a lot of time and money.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Yeah, OK ... thanks!

Either a big troll or so far up themselves and either way, I can't be bothered.

On that thread I never understood the total power of all those amps. I made it around 5000 watts.

On a car you would need an alternator that puts out a lot more than 400 amps to run it at full power.

People need to understand the difference between RMS and PMPO.

P

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
It matters not how many magnets and capacitors you use, or how you hook them up. Understanding the Laws of thermodynamics will save you a lot of time and money.

Yes it would, however, the OP sees it differently.

And no actually, there is no real need to go to school for this type of stuff or do some learning. Inventing requires minimal knowledge depending on the invention.

P

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

you can be bothered to post about my comments, but not be bothered to show me how I'm wrong?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll own up to it, so show me it please.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anomaly0101
So I've been interested in "free energy" for a while. My definition of it is energy from a generator, that does not require I pay an electric bill or use any kind of fuel. Crazy eh?
Not crazy, how does the solution by Nickn3 fail to meet that definition?

originally posted by: Nickn3
How about a few solar panels and forget it. I power my entire cabin with just 6 panels.
That sounds like it meets Anomaly0101's definition of free energy to me.

Anomaly0101, the rest of your post does sound crazy but since the only thing that will convince you it won't work is for you to build it yourself and find out, I suggest you do that. I don't think any feedback anybody here gives you really matters to you, but if it does, Nickn3 already has the answer for the "free energy" you want.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

you can be bothered to post about my comments, but not be bothered to show me how I'm wrong?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll own up to it, so show me it please.

I have given you a linky to get you started.

Try reading it. The internet has so many places to learn about electronics but ...

You want it handed to you on a plate and learning is not like that.

P

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

once you care to take the time and show me I'm wrong, I'll respect your thoughts, until then you are mindless garbage like phoenix spouting off about nothing that you neither know about, nor should be giving advice about.

People listening to you could literally face the prospect of their car lighting on fire because you THINK a certain wire is big enough.

You don't seem to have any experience in electrical other than your 'bumpin system'. Don't fool others into thinking you know what you are actually doing please.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

you linked wikipedia buddy, real good place to learn about electrical application. Seems you graduated from there.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

once you care to take the time and show me I'm wrong, I'll respect your thoughts, until then you are mindless garbage like phoenix spouting off about nothing that you neither know about, nor should be giving advice about.

People listening to you could literally face the prospect of their car lighting on fire because you THINK a certain wire is big enough.

You don't seem to have any experience in electrical other than your 'bumpin system'. Don't fool others into thinking you know what you are actually doing please.

Yawn I showed you the cable being used and the current carrying capacity of 375amps @ 20’ so apparently your reading comprehension is as on point as your knowledge of electronics.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

you linked wikipedia buddy, real good place to learn about electrical application. Seems you graduated from there.

Go down to the bottom of the wiki article and look at the section that has references.

Go read them.

In another thread linked above you said ...

1/0 wire can handle 150 amps max regardless the length of the run. Ampacity of a wire gauge doesn't change if its a shorter run. 1/0 can handle 150 amps MAX whether it's 1' or 100'.

You need to study up on 'Resistance"

It is an electrical term. It is measures in Ohms.

P

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

apparently your reading comprehension is as on point as your knowledge of electronics

it still seems to be more spot on than your knowledge of a capacitor, which you still won't say how they work, even though I've told you a few times already

You keep thinking the install in your car makes you an electrical wiz though, I thought the same when I was 19.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Go down to the bottom of the wiki article and look at the section that has references.

Go read them.

In another thread linked above you said ...

1/0 wire can handle 150 amps max regardless the length of the run. Ampacity of a wire gauge doesn't change if its a shorter run. 1/0 can handle 150 amps MAX whether it's 1' or 100'.

It is an electrical term. It is measures in Ohms.

P

If you run over 500' the resistance rating changes. That is 500' in a single run.

When you are ever going to deal with running over 500' of line, let me know, until then my statement is correct.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

This lol. Do you even know what that means?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Anomaly0101
So I've been interested in "free energy" for a while. My definition of it is energy from a generator, that does not require I pay an electric bill or use any kind of fuel. Crazy eh?
Not crazy, how does the solution by Nickn3 fail to meet that definition?

originally posted by: Nickn3
How about a few solar panels and forget it. I power my entire cabin with just 6 panels.
That sounds like it meets Anomaly0101's definition of free energy to me.

Anomaly0101, the rest of your post does sound crazy but since the only thing that will convince you it won't work is for you to build it yourself and find out, I suggest you do that. I don't think any feedback anybody here gives you really matters to you, but if it does, Nickn3 already has the answer for the "free energy" you want.
All the feedback matters, as I am learning from it. But please stay on topic I do not care about solar panels or the inherently flawed comments about the laws of thermodynamics. This is not one of those threads. I believe the laws of thermodynamics are constantly cited when it comes to topics regarding free energy and it's a quick scapegoat as I believe there is a coverup in the physics community due to US national security secrets. There is no such thing as a closed system. I am not proposing anything that approaches the speed of light, but as an example the laws of physics apply less as something approaches a significant fraction of the speed of light, and they are constantly finding things that do not match up with their predictions, such as photomagnetic materials being 100 million times more photomagnetic than predicted just to name one example. Thanks for the replies and I will have someone with a degree in electronics chime in eventually. He can call me crazy or whatever but I know at least one guy with a masters in electronic engineering and there are countless more online. You guys really don't need to clutter threads with your arguing, it contributes less to a topic than simply discussing things.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Every time a swing and a miss making you look all the worse, it’s cute to watch and all but for the sake of the OP how about you stop hijacking the thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Every time a swing and a miss making you look all the worse, it’s cute to watch and all but for the sake of the OP how about you stop hijacking the thread.

how about you show me wrong and shut me up instead of the grandiose performance you are setting?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Anomaly0101

sorry, car stereo guys are arguing with me.

like I said from the start, that magnets will lose power quickly, and the setup you are proposing will only produce DC voltage, so you will need an inverter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join