It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Revolving Door. Hope Hicks and Bill Shine. Out and in, in and out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Remember Bill Shine? He was a behind the scenes star at Fox News

Shine worked alongside of Fox chairman and chief executive officer Roger Ailes for two decades. After Ailes left Fox, the new executive chairman, Rupert Murdoch, named Shine and Jack Abernethy as co-presidents of Fox News in August 2016.[23][24] Shine headed the network's news and programming operations.

That is until Roger Ailes and others were accused of sexual harassment. Shine was then forced out of Fox when

Shine was named in at least four lawsuits against Fox alleging sexual harassment or racial discrimination by the company

Though not accused of sexual harassment himself these suits were do to his ''abetting'' the harassment.

He was promptly picked up by Trump and given the job as  Deputy White House Chief of Staff overseeing communication within the White House

So here we have a direct connection between Trump and Fox News.

And the revolving door?

Today, Hope Hicks was named by Fox News as executive vice president and chief communications officer, which means she will run public relations and other aspects of the TV company.

Remember her?

She was appointed permanent White House Communications Director on September 12, 2017.[34]
On February 27, 2018, Hicks gave nine hours of closed-door testimony to the House Intelligence Committee. She acknowledged that she sometimes had to tell "white lies" in her work as communications director, but refused to answer any questions about her tenure in the White House.[35] The next day the White House confirmed to the New York Times that Hicks planned to resign.[36] According to "multiple sources", she had been planning to resign for months, and her announcement was unrelated to the events of the preceding 24 hours.[37] She officially resigned on March 29, 2018.[38]

So here we have one high level Fox director now working directly for the President and another high level Trump director now working in a high level Fox News position.

Early on when Trump began his candadicy for potus, speculation was high that it was not really the potus position he was striving for but rather he was seeking to extend his ''brand'' into the world of '' political news''. By making the run and building his brand he hoped to extend his empire into news outlets like Breitbart and other conservative outlets.

One of his oldest claims was that all the msm were ''fake news'' and were not to be trusted.. This of course was seen by those who saw his run as a gambit for a larger control of the conservative press as nothing more that attempts to destroy the ''competition''

Now however, since he has won the election his war on msm is in full swing. To him ''all mainstream media is ''fake''. He is still trying to kill, not fake news, but rather any competition to his own pronouncements of truth.

This new connection with his loyal associate Hicks now established with Fox can aid in his own desire to control the media dialogue throughout the country.

I am concerned. Main stream media has long been known to press the politics of the status quo. Agendas have always been paramount in what gets published and what gets buried.
I am also very concerned that this is just one more move by those who would control the national dialogue to fit their own agendas.
Now we have twitter, Presidential Emergency alerts, main stream media falling all over themselves to report on all things Trumpian and one station, the main conservative network for the last several decades seemingly directly tied to the agenda of the White House.

But don't be alarmed, it's all part of the ''plan''...............

(post by FlukeSkywalker removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ah , and this Post is About >? I should Care about this Because >? Why did I Click on this Thread >?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sounds like some real political turnoil is unleashing.

A Masterpiece is unfolding.

The historical values are priceless.

The Autumn Witch of November is swirling and ready to stir the leaves into a tornado squall !!

🔑🥁🔑

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

so are you saying these shenanigans are what you'd find in China and their state run media?
edit on 8-10-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
dbl

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

and clock is ticking for Hillary Clinton and Obama has a secret army and hes in hiding and trump already has the wall plans ready to roll out...

and all part of plan....

stay on meds. you're doing good lately.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ah , and this Post is About >? I
Read it

should Care about this Because >?

I have no idea WHAT you care about,

Why did I Click on this Thread >?

I have no idea why you do anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

so are you saying these shenanigans are what you'd find in China and their state run media?

I am suggesting that Trump wants control of media. This can be seen as one more step in his drive for that control. One more reason to vote him out in 2020 so that it does NOT become state run media.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ah , and this Post is About >? I
Read it

should Care about this Because >?

I have no idea WHAT you care about,

Why did I Click on this Thread >?

I have no idea why you do anything.

Good Answers .

(post by rollanotherone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I am suggesting that Trump wants control of media. This can be seen as one more step in his drive for that control. One more reason to vote him out in 2020 so that it does NOT become state run media.

It's already state run media in a globalist sense! Guess it would be scary to have a media that represents truths versus globalist lies.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It's already state run media in a globalist sense! Guess it would be scary to have a media that represents truths versus globalist lies.
And again I agree that the media is run by globalists. But the notion that what Trump and Fox are spewing is in comparison, the truth, I find to be naive. He and they lie dright along with the rest of them. Right now it serves their purpose to lie with a sprinkling of truth mixed in. Thinking that calling Trump a liar means that MSM is not lying is, in my case at least, incorrect.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've seen this Media Empire idea in a James Bond. It didn't make much sense then either. First of all, Trump has nothing to gain by placing anyone at FOX when he already receives positive coverage from their Network. Furthermore, it would be more effective for Trump to infiltrate MSNBC, CNN, or Abcnews if swaying media dialogue was the goal.. considering they drive the non-stop opposition against him.

I know it's far-fetched compared to what you're proposing but what if Hicks and Shine are just well qualified for the positions? Doesn't seem like much of a transition between running White House communications with their experience in news where it's critical to gather, analyze, and relay any relevant information so it can be aired quickly. Call me old fashioned but unlike leftists, I think finding the best person for the job is more important than filling race/ gender quotas or placing agents at FOX to take over the media..
edit on 9-10-2018 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Trump did say he admires China.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Well with all of Hollywood and 90% of the media hates his guts because their 100% chance that Hillary was to win didn't win, I would say good luck on controlling the media...lol

new topics

top topics

join