It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nice place Gordi! Hope you get those tenants who are interested and that they turn out to be good folks.

Funny topic Jiminy chose for this month's contest, should be a lot of fun stories from that! Good luck fellow writers!

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening my Lovelies! I should be going to the metaphysical fair in a while.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Nice looking place, Gordi. I love the new kitchen. Did you build that in yourself?

What sort of rent per week are places like yours going for in that area? I'm just curious.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Really strange theme, that one. I'm sure it'll be fun for some, but I'll be avoiding it. I guess you can understand why.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi, Raine. Hope you have a great time at the fair! Sounds wonderful!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike!

At the last Fair, they had a lady who played a harp and she sang songs for people who would request a song...for free. I had her play a fairy song for me. Her voice was beautiful and the sound of the harp was just enchanting.

I had found a video of her last year, but can't remember her name right now. Just for attending, we got little bags made up that had flower seeds, a crystal and some chocolate kisses. I'm sure I will have a lovely time. My friend is going through a crappy time right now, so I will be sure to make her smile and laugh and make her feel better.

It's great seeing you today!
How are you faring Hun?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Flat looks lovely and Kilmarnock sounds like a nice place to live. Carpets and whisky and history. (I always thought Johnnie Walker was an American brand. Forgive me!) Only 50,000 people, I'm sure I'd stand out like a sore thumb fit in well in such a town. I wonder if Vodafone needs a systems administrator with long tangled hair... I hope you get it rented or leased soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

What sort of rent per week are places like yours going for in that area? I'm just curious.

The rent will be £435 per calendar month Mike (around $565 US (so, just over £100 per week ($130 US)).

G

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That would be about $700 CAD which is still very reasonable

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

That would be about $700 CAD which is still very reasonable

Here in Toonieville that would be a steal of a deal. A place like that would cost you anywhere from 1000 to 1400 ,depending where it is. Definitely 1200 without a lease.

* waves to Sheddites and wishes all a great weekend *

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Crumbs, that's very reasonable rent for a 2-br flat in quite a nice part of Scotland!
I can't imagine you'll have any problems getting good tenants.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
As long as you are good at administering systems so their lines don't get tangled, I doubt Vodaphone will care how tangled your hair is!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I had a network before I had internet or the other way round. I'm not a geek, I just like computer games. And computers. We've come a long way since youtube cat videos and I really do like youtube cat videos.
I can lay cables but I prefer to let others do the cables because my eyes are bad and it really is hard to get 8 tiny wires to go into all 8 the right holes perfectly every time. Many wasted ethernet plugs and much mumbled curses. I need a big screen too. No mobiles even if you do call it a tablet.

I once went for a interview many years ago at the largest commercial producer of fresh fruit and vegetable products in jars and possibly cans and bags in the Netherlands. As a sys-admin, just to be clear. It wasn't as impressive as it sounds back then.

In the interview the guy asks:

"There are 2 computer problems.

1 The boss can't read his email.

2 A production line in the factory is not operating because the computer doesn't work. 10 men or more (some of whom may be working in an artificially frozen area) standing around doing nothing, fork-lift trucks, lorries, etc.

Which problem do you fix first?"

I tried to take the serious approach. Apparently I gave the wrong answer. In hindsight, I think that was a good thing.

edit on 3/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hello to whoever is here and will be arriving.
Got to listen to Jenna Greene playing harp and singing today.

I got a beautiful sweater cape for my Sister for Christmas and a pretty pink, longish rice pillow that can be heated or put in the freezer for aches and pains. Bought my friend Linda an enchanted faery garden with a faery in it to put aside for Christmas. It had flowers and moss and a tiny dragonfly walkway. I let her pick out which one she really wanted. I got myself a bracelet with openwork heart charms and crystals and a lovely little rose quarts necklace. Those two jewelry items were cheaply priced and beautiful as were a couple of feathers I got myself. The lady with the stained glass Angels was there so I bought one for a gift to put aside. The lady who sold the sweater cape gave me a lovely, free handmade small zippered bag. I put that aside for a gift as well.

Our free little gift bag that we received for attending the fair, had a couple of bobbin cleaners from a nearby quilt shop which I will use for something else and included coupons for the shop, a small orange calcite stone and a little chocolate candy bar.
One of the venders was giving away free plants which I didn't need as I myself have too many, so Linda got two.
So many lovely people, just delightful.

We then went to the Amish store and bought some food items. I got a couple of gift items from there as well. They had these print cotton bags with two packages of dill dip mix and came with a little metal whisk thingy and tied with a ribbon.

Then there was the dollar store... I got scented candles, an adorable soft stuffed unicorn for one of my Great Nieces who will be a year old inFebruary along with the cutest little baby socks and face cloths with adorable designs.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi sweetie...
I only came to lurk but then I read about your lovely day and wanted to tell you that I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself.

I loved hearing about all the trinkets and treasures that you bought. ☺
I'm glad you treated yourself too instead of just buying gifts for other people.

Hello to anybody else who is here.

Light...I'm curious about the interview and the 2 questions. Which one did you pick to fix first?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

That is the question. Which one would you pick? It's not about you/me, it's about the company.
edit on 3/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I would make the boss wait to read his emails and take care of the production line problem first.
Am I hired?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Number 2, fix the production line.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry for rambling. Epiphlioy.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ladies....that was the same answer I chose, I didn't get the job.

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join