It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wow, looks like they made out quite well! Watching stuff on youtube right now. I'll try to check in again soon.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Wow, looks like they made out quite well! Watching stuff on youtube right now. I'll try to check in again soon.

They sure did! The folks that give out full sized bars did so again this year, and the person that makes homemade caramel popcorn made it again this year, too. I don't know if the chili & virgin/spiked ciders people did that this year, we didn't make it down that street -- kids gave up at that corner. They hand out a cup of chili and a cup of appropriate cider to people, it's a wonderful tradition & a great way to catch up with the neighborhood!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: JinMI

Jiminy!!!!!!!! So happy to see you and LOVED your pics and GIF's. I wish you would show up more often. I really miss you!

Halloween hugs!

I'm always around my dear Mrs. Leaper!!

(((Hugs)))

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Aberdeen area or Wyoming? Were my haunts as a youngster to hit on Halloween. Some of those folks are still keeping those traditions.

Can't wait until the lil demon actually enjoys getting big candy because I have so many tricks to show! this year, he was not about dressing up...at all. however once he understood the porch light = candy in his pumpkin, he was all about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What wonderful neighbors you have.
How thoughtful to make chili and caramel popcorn. At least you know and can trust these people.

We never gets kids here anymore. I'm on the 3rd floor and down a side street. Not many little ones around here. I used to like covering tootsie roll lollipops with white tissue paper, make little dots for the eyes and mouth and tie a little orange or black ribbon around the stick. They were ghosts and so cute. I used to bring a batch of them in for co-workers when I was working.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Awwww, sweet!

HUGS!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: WalkInSilence

(I remember seeing an old quote from some native American leader... it went something along the lines of:
Only a white man would cut the bottom off of a blanket, sew it back onto the top of the blanket, and think that he had a bigger/better blanket!)

"Only humans cut down trees, makes paper from them, and then print "save the trees" on the paper"

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

LOL! True!

Hi Fin! How are you today?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Not much going on here. 4 AM soon. Most likely i could have slept more but the dreams i had were so nasty that i didn't want to sleep anymore. Some coffee, tobacco, water and music now and feeling better.

How are you

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
thanks everybody, that was a great halloween party.

sorry i disappeared so promptly, but i only blinked for a nano-moment and my broom had turned into a shovel and back i was in the bush.

now it is off to town.

sleep you all well

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Aberdeen area or Wyoming? Were my haunts as a youngster to hit on Halloween. Some of those folks are still keeping those traditions.

Damn man, you're good -- Wyoming area. Aberdeen's up around Creston, right? We cut through there a couple times a month to go to the Ken's Fruit Market in Plainfield since they shuttered the one on 28th. We also go to the one in Alger Heights, but that's more of a cheese-topia. And has no beer. Plainfield has more meat and produce variety. And beer

You're right about people here keeping with traditions, they're quite serious about maintaining that close community atmosphere & holidays spirit. In all honesty, I'd feel pretty s#y if we ever moved out of the neighborhood -- for all the effort collectively made, I'd feel like I was insulting them despite knowing better.

Can't wait until the lil demon actually enjoys getting big candy because I have so many tricks to show! this year, he was not about dressing up...at all. however once he understood the porch light = candy in his pumpkin, he was all about it.

Lol, yours was slow to prod into a costume, and mine were making sure theirs were ready to go in August XD
edit on 10/31/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Sorry you had nasty dreams. That sucks!

I was pretty sleepy earlier, but perked up a bit. I'm just watching videos now.

Hope you got to see all our Halloween stuff from earlier.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yep, Aberdeen neighborhood is right off Plainfield. Folks on each side of Plainfield always give out great candy!

We also love Kens, glad they finished rebuilding. Kingmas also isn't bad and has some unique fare.

In his defense, he's 2, but yea, I'm not sure what his aversion to anything involving costumes is. He however loves doing the Friday the 13th sound effect.

Chchchhhhhh

Ahahahahhhahh.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yep, Aberdeen neighborhood is right off Plainfield. Folks on each side of Plainfield always give out great candy!

We also love Kens, glad they finished rebuilding. Kingmas also isn't bad and has some unique fare.

In his defense, he's 2, but yea, I'm not sure what his aversion to anything involving costumes is. He however loves doing the Friday the 13th sound effect.

Chchchhhhhh

Ahahahahhhahh.

Oh hell, Kingma's is great for a candy fix, that confectionery wall is awesome! We pop in there once in a great while for that, or more often for wine. My husband is a candy/sugar fiend and can rack up a hell of a total in Kingma's. It's hard enough to drag him away from the candy at Ken's, but it's like what little is left of his self control evaporates in Kingma's. Last time we were in there, I caught him inquiring about purchasing the entire keg of maple syrup. Not any time soon, buster, keep wishin'.

Friday the 13th sound effect, hahaha! That is so perfect for Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

He however loves doing the Friday the 13th sound effect.

Chchchhhhhh

Ahahahahhhahh.

Bahaha! That must be hysterical coming from a two year old.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I left a comment on your thread. Sorry in advance.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I left a picture comment to your comment. LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oh wow I almost forgot about The Shed.

You voted Timely off the island, right?

Dave's not here??

edit on 1-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Oh wow I almost forgot about The Shed.

You voted Timely off the island, right?

Dave's not here??

Almost forgot about the shed? How does one forget the shed???

Dave is here...somewhere. I think he was hiding from the ghosties tonight.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You might say I'm a little...shy

As the lone wolf must forage alone

edit on 1-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join