It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Someone keeps changing all the rules.

Daylight savings is beyond, stupid.
I won't go into a long tirade about the "invention" of time, that is for another forum. But I will say Happy Change of Season. Halloween, Samhain or what ever it may be called. Now I must sleep no matter what the time.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

..I definitely should have bought myself some candy.

I'll send some over... we have tons!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Last one

I concur with every single statement. (that means I agree, right?)

I concur.
Do you remember the movie with the guy who faked being a doctor and practiced his part by watching movies? He said "I concur" ZZZZzzzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

G'Night WIS
Sleep Tight.

(I remember seeing an old quote from some native American leader... it went something along the lines of:
Only a white man would cut the bottom off of a blanket, sew it back onto the top of the blanket, and think that he had a bigger/better blanket!)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am getting sleepy now, so I think I'll say goodnight all.

Enjoy the rest of your night!

Gx

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

..I definitely should have bought myself some candy.

I'll send some over... we have tons!

She is in Canada, all though you guys may think we all live on the same block here, we, some of us are far far away from the candy delivery. I want candy. Filled chocolate. Dark chocolate. Whole chocolate bars. A whole bar of Callebaut white chocolate. Thank you, now I can sleep.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I always used to get dressed up for Halloween, even as an adult.
I miss doing fun things like that.

Funny you mention Sheffield...that is where my mom was from.

I don't like the clock changes actually. When we put them back next weekend, instead of it being dark by 7 pm, now it will be dark at 6 pm.
Ok I will quit complaining now.

"Pixies! Another shot of the green stuff please!"

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good night WIS and Gordi...sweet dreams.

It was fun hanging out with you tonight.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Sheffield is where I was born. Haven't been there in decades but I still love the accent. I can't speak it myself though, I was moved away aged a few months old. The places I've lived have been too many. On average I stay 3 years in one place and then have to move again. For the last 47 years it's been one of the few constant things in my life. Moving gets old though.

edit on 31/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA I knew there was a vaguely Halloween themed song in their work.

I'm the one you never see, in the dead of night,
Peeking in your window, staying out of sight,
Go to bed, lock the door, don't look in the mirror,
What if I was right behind you, Smiling Like A Killer

edit on 31/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I love the accent too.
When I was staying at the shelter one of the staff ladies there was from Yorkshire and her accent reminded me of my parents. Hers wasn't "broad Yorkshire" like my grandfather who I remember using almost old English..."thou" and "Eeh by gum" lol.

I moved a lot in my life too...it does get old and I've never felt like I have any roots or belong anywhere.

(I'm not listening to songs with scary lyrics when I'm here alone, lol.)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thee, thy, thou and thy bloody knows. Ey up Duck. Ye alreet? Makes me feel all homely, throw another log on the fire while I go to the outhouse....

ETA My Yorkshire grandparents had an outhouse (an outside toilet) as well as an in house proper toilet with fluffy toilet seat covers and flocked wallpaper. (It was the 70's)
edit on 31/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Oh same here.

We went back when I was 9 and I met relatives in Sheffield who still had an outhouse at the back of the yard in 1970.

My grandfather worked for Steel, Peach & Tozer (steel mill) during WW2 and I remember we took a tour through part of it.

We were going back to stay but there were no jobs and no places to live, so four months later we came back to Canada.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sorry everyone. I got caught up on facebook and was watching videos. Sleepy and trying not to go to sleep yet or I will be up in a few hours. Gah!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No worries hun...me and Light were reminiscing.

I'm getting tired too but I'm trying to hang on a little while longer.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's almost 2 am here so I will sign off here. Sleep well without things that go bump in the night.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The accents sound really cool! I enjoyed reading about your memories and Light's.

My Grandmother had an outhouse. LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I can't stop watching the David Paulides videos. Those stories are fascinating.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Good night Light...thanks for chatting tonight...see you soon.

Night...I don't know David Paulides? Who is he?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We took the kids trick-or-treating earlier, got back about an hour ago. We were only out there an hour and a half, but 2 kids making poor footwear choices (despite parental insistence) to complete their costumes kind of did them in early -- older kid wore a pair of heeled boots to polish up her black cat costume (the only black shoes available) And the younger kid wore Mary Janes to complete her Little Red Riding Hood look.
She was also LRRH last year. The shoes were technically too small this year, and she paid for her determination with sore feet.
Both of them ended up going barefoot, so to speak. Older kid had socks on, and the younger kid had 2 layers of footed sweater-knit leggings on (no worries about dangerous debris around here, very, very clean neighborhood)
Oh well. They have to learn at some point sometimes the shoes ain't worth it.

It didn't stop them from managing to accrue 6 and a half POUNDS of candy each in an hour and a half (folks in this neighborhood are extremely generous with goodies) I weighed their bags when we got home, twice with just each bag solo, and twice with the kids on the scale to make sure it was accurate.
That's about an ounce and a quarter or so of candy per kid every minute, lol. And I thought they did good at 5 lbs each in 2 hours last year! O.O

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join