It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awww, hope you're ok Sweetie!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh, yes!!! H A L L O W E E E E E E E E N ! ! !

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Staying in tonight. Drop Bears are on the move for their Halloween Feast. Awful critters, just awful.

P

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...Pardon my ignorance, but what is lecturing? I am not familiar with the term. It may be a language thing since much of my time was spent abroad.

It's what you and night do to me when I've pushed the boundaries a wee bit!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

gordi, so good to catch you

just wanted to mention how great i think your lurkers halloween song was! is !!

have a spooky and mindful time tonight

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah ... gonna egg trick or treaters from an upstairs balcony ?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

lecturing?

Ya ya, you got me. I should have emphasized "in that context". This makes me look like a duffas.

It's what you and night do to me when I've pushed the boundaries a wee bit!

Now this is a whole different approach to the use of this words. We are is this context just exercising a privilege an obligation, it is a service to the community. It has more a flavor of a truly pleasurable act.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

gordi, so good to catch you

just wanted to mention how great i think your lurkers halloween song was! is !!

have a spooky and mindful time tonight

Hi lucia!
THANK YOU very much!

Enjoy your Halloween and I will catch you later.

G

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

lecturing?

Now this is a whole different approach to the use of this words. We are is this context just exercising a privilege an obligation, it is a service to the community. It has more a flavor of a truly pleasurable act.

Isn't that "Letch-uring"...

Does anyone have a Halloween costume they'd like to show us this year??
I've not had much time to make anything.

The most that I've managed so far is carving a wee pumpkin...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I just found a wee video clip of my Halloween outfit from 2015!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The pumpkin looks amazing, well done. I can't see how you did it (unlike most carved pumpkins I've seen) because it seems (to my eyes) that there is more hole than pumpkin. So, how did you do it and/or do you have a better photo? My ex made one once many years ago but the problem here in Holland is that the temps fall so quickly that it started to rot. (They also sell "special" carving pumpkins here in the supermarket. I have no idea if they are edible.) Maybe she was too early putting it outside, I dunno. I know Americans love to eat pumpkin but they always seemed to be a squishy, wet, nasty food source to me. I wouldn't dare to try and make any food containing pumpkin. Bleuhhh! (I'm kinda picky. OK, I can be very picky!)

ETA Your costume looks good but wearing a bin sounds uncomfortable.

edit on 31/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I hope you who celebrate Halloween are doing well with your preparations.

Anyway, I have posted a new update in WIS's thread HERE.

The short version is we're home. We got released from hospital yesterday.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I'll catch up later in your thread. Glad to hear you are definitely scheduled for surgery. It's a shame it takes 3 weeks of waiting but it is what it is. Glad to hear you have been reminded once more that if there's a problem, Emergency call. I'm sure it's not fun to be where you are right now but at least you know they are there for you you. Hopefully Dada will adjust quickly to being back home soon too.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

The pumpkin looks amazing, well done. I can't see how you did it (unlike most carved pumpkins I've seen) because it seems (to my eyes) that there is more hole than pumpkin. So, how did you do it and/or do you have a better photo? My ex made one once many years ago but the problem here in Holland is that the temps fall so quickly that it started to rot...

...ETA Your costume looks good but wearing a bin sounds uncomfortable.

Thanks Light,
The trick with pumpkin carving is...
For the Dark parts - Leave the pumpkin skin in place.
For the Paler parts - Remove the skin but leave the flesh intact underneath.
For the Bright Light of the Moon (or "glowing eyes", or flames...) cut right through the skin and flesh leaving a gap/hole!

To prevent Rot... you can smear any exposed flesh with a petroleum jelly (like vaseline) to seal it.
This keeps it rot-free for several days, but you can't eat the flesh afterwards!

The Bin costume was actually quite comfortable to wear... (New-ish, Clean Bin, with large enough hole cut in the side so that it didn't rub or chaff! - Sorted!)

I've just finished setting up our house & garden for the Trick or Treaters (or Guisers as we call them)...

This is the Ghostly front window...

I found this guy hiding in the bushes... A Lurker???

The View from my front garden path...

Now... where can I hide??? mwahahaa!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

...The short version is we're home. We got released from hospital yesterday.

Hi Mike,
I'm so glad that you're home (albeit temporarily?)
I know that it's not going to be easy, no matter where you are now, but at least you'll be in comfortable and familiar surroundings for a while.

Look after yourselves as best you can, and take it easy IF/when you can.

take care,
G
edit on 31-10-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarity

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Your display looks amazing. I salute you, in the name of frightened children everywhere! I especially liked the skeleton.

Do children dare knock on your door? ROFL As for a place to hide, perhaps make a huge pile of leaves and camp in them until you hear the patter of tiny feet...?

ETA Found the vid.

edit on 31/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So this is what happened yesterday. Dad decided to go shopping and buy things that are not needed. He automatically buys something if it is on sale. Just like the box of plastic food containers he bought last week that we don't need as we have one million of them already.

What did he buy? One thing was a bed for me. Keep in mind that I have a full size bed already that is fully functional. I don't know if the bed that he bought is second hand or not. The main issue is that it is only a twin size bed. Keep in mind that I am not a little person. I need my room when I sleep plus the cats need their room too.

His "logic" is that by having a smaller bed that I will have more room in my bedroom. Room for what? A party? This will give me less room for sleeping. He also decided that I needed two pedestal floor fans. Let's see, I already have one plus a box fan (that I have on at night only to drown out his noise) and a ceiling fan. Come on, I don't need to start a fan club.

Also on his shopping list was a new laundry basket for me. I have two already and one just sits inside the other has as there is no other place in my closet for it.

This week, as usual he failed when trying to buy barbeque sauce for me. He can't do something as simple of finding a bottle of store brand barbeque sauce. He ends up with god knows what most of the time, half of which is not barbeque sauce anyway. It's just some sort of red sauce in a bottle. This time he bought a bottle of some off the wall brand that was marked sweet and tangy. This meant that it was much less a barbeque sauce and more of a tomato flavored vinegar.

My insurance is bound to be expired by the end of the day today. The process for renewing it without transportation means that I filled out and mailed the renewal form and am waiting for a letter telling me if it is to be renewed. In order for that to actually happen they will inform me of the need to set up an appointment to come in to see then and get my new ID card. To prove the point as to how impossible this is I'll just tell them that either they will come get me or I'll walk the 13 miles of freeway each way to get there to guarantee that I'll end up in the hospital to get my moneys worth out of them.

Otherwise I spend part of my days with an on again off again achy ankle and chest pains that I'm not 100% certain have other causes besides my having a bad heart.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Jiminy!!!!!!!! So happy to see you and LOVED your pics and GIF's. I wish you would show up more often. I really miss you!

Halloween hugs!

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join