It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Nice to have your son in The Shed with us. Errollorre's son was here earlier (in a way)...Gordi and Tom made a new video/song for us for Halloween and Tom's son plays lead guitar. It's wonderful!

Oh, and I believe that spiders are pure evil and may induce heart attacks, so squishing is imperative.

What's new in your world? How's the weather?
Cold and rainy here, apparently the tail end of a hurricane again.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I will have to check out Gordi & Tom's song - those guys are awesome.

Spiders eat mosquitos and other nasty little critters, which I despise more than the spiders. Therefore, I do not automatically squish them. But I live in Minnesota, where we do not have any spiders that can kill you. Not directly at least.

Weather is creeping inevitably toward barren and frigid. We are in the ugly part of autumn where the leaves are all off the trees, the days are getting very short, the sky seems to be gray all the time, and there's no snow yet. I could handle all of it if there were a foot of snow on the ground. But alas, it is not yet to be.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ugh...I'm dreading the winter. Our summer was extremely hot and humid and last winter was freezing and lasted so long. We don't get all 4 seasons here in SW Ontario (Canada) anymore. We go from one extreme to the other.

Are the Sheperdito going out for Halloween? Or are they too old and too cool, lol?

edit on 30-10-2018 by jacygirl because: Important word

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK, I knew you were in Canada. Did I know you were in SW Ontario? Seems to me that "SW Ontario" is due north of me...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Believe it or not but I'm south of you. ☺

I'm west of Toronto, down by The Great Lakes...which is likely why your trees have lost their leaves now, and ours still have a lot of leaves left.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Right, that's what I thought, that you were somewhere within striking distance of Toronto.

Our leaves were gone several days ago. We had several days of constant 15-20 mph winds with 25+ mph gusts. That put most of the leaves on the ground in a hurry.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Everybody seems to be getting pretty extreme weather lately.

Sorry, I don't mean to be making lame weather conversation...I just notice how much it's changed through my life and notice how it seems to be changing everywhere.

How is it coming with your writing? I'm glad you're still working on it and I will get caught up eventually.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Honestly it's not going as fast as I'd like it to. That said, I resigned my Bible study position from last year. I don't know if you remember but I was preparing a lot of lectures last year. I don't have to do that now, so I have a fair bit more free time. That's helping with the writing - I'm pushing 150000 words now and the chapters are coming out pretty smooth. Shepherdito #1 and I went to a writing conference here in Minnesota at the beginning of October and I got some great advice on ways to write better. It was very inspiring!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Wow...you have resigned from doing Bible study teaching...and I recently began Bible study as a student.

I do remember you saying that it didn't leave you much time for writing, so I'm glad you're enjoying the extra time. You've got a lot done. Nice that it feels like it's coming out smooth...I remember that feeling when the words would flow.

I think it's great that you have another writer in the family. I can't imagine what advice you received to make you a better writer, I think you're a great writer already.

Lately I feel like I'm fumbling just to write a reply in here so I miss my writing days...they were nice.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh my so much to catch up on.

A long but nice day at work, Scurries out to gather nuggets from posts.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I'm running in to grab a hug from you while you're getting caught up!

Great to see you here tonight and I'm glad you had a nice day at work.

🙌

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
We had several days of constant 15-20 mph winds with 25+ mph gusts. That put most of the leaves on the ground in a hurry.

If it blows the right way they all go in the neighbors yard.

It is so nice to see you Shep, and I am happy to see you are becoming more engaged in writing. It is something to look forward to.
But resigning from bible study teaching must be a loss? I would like to find a good class that isn't too "inbreed".
Just wanted to say HI

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Don't hurt your self on that hug.

I have the day off tomorrow,, so I can stay up a little longer, but the clock is ticking, I was up at 3:45.
You said you missed writing, so do I, I don't make time for it, but I have all these crazy ideas. I really miss writing but it take time, even in here. A semi-short reply that is more of a story compels me to perform with some sort of excellence.
But I am too lazy. Even my usual writing is on the back burner.

You inspired me, thank you.
edit on 30-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: period, punctuation

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Stupid double post. I'll just make use of it.

We are talking about weather. It is fairly nice here. No snow, no frost, thank God. I do not look forward to winter this year. Between clearing my drive-way and driving to work I will have to get up at ridiculous, 2:45 am

edit on 30-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: poop

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilenceHi WIS!
Yes, I miss the Bible study quite a bit. Especially the lecturing, to be honest. A lot of work but quite rewarding.
We have a Bible study at church so I'm not going without. And this one I get to do with my sweetheart Mrs. Shepherd, which definitely is a plus.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

*Gets back on feet after hug attack*

I have no idea how I inspired you but that was lovely of you to say.

I'm never happy with what I write anymore but I think that's because I'm using a touch screen keyboard on a tablet now. Words seemed to flow easier when I had my hands on the full keyboard of the laptop.
At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
Especially the lecturing, to be honest. A lot of work but quite rewarding.
We have a Bible study at church so I'm not going without. And this one I get to do with my sweetheart Mrs. Shepherd, which definitely is a plus.

Good for you with The Shepherdes
They must be tended to well.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is lecturing? I am not familiar with the term. It may be a language thing since much of my time was spent abroad.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

*Gets back on feet after hug attack*

I banged my head too.

I have no idea how I inspired you but that was lovely of you to say.
That you missed writing, you are "The Alma Mater" of scribbles.

I think that's because I'm using a touch screen keyboard on a tablet now. Words seemed to flow easier when I had my hands on the full keyboard of the laptop.
At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yah, I get it the touch screen is sticky. I love the key board. It is like a piano. Your fingers can dance, they can create a tango, a bolero, they move in a slow waltz or a samba. They move in perfect synchronicity with your heart and mind.
I hope you can get a "real' key board again. It is so much more satisfying.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I missed Shep, Jacy and Wis.

My Sister was late getting here today and we were both starving, went out to eat, then I picked up some peaches, plums, grapes and a few other items at a store. When I got home, I just wanted to be on the couch watching spooky movies which I did. then fell fast asleep.

Hello to anyone who may wander in! Waves furiously!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's been a weird day. I'll talk about sometime tomorrow.

Good night for now.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join