It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Found this on facebook and made me chuckle. LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello Fin!

Hello Nyiah! Glad Hubby is on the mend! Yes, it could have been a lot worse. How long does he have to go for?

Almost that time...

He's not sure yet, he'll find out when the therapist evaluates him. He'll schedule that appointment I think for this week. He still has yet another doctor's follow-up next week to monitor progress, though.

Lol, that one's a sharp doc, you can't fool her. And a witty one to boot.
"How's that shoulder this morning, Mr Nyiah?"
"Great, actually! It feels much better!"
< doc manipulates his arm's range of movement while he visibly winces and fails miserably at convincing her it's feeling great >
"Liar. Thought you could get that past me, huh? Nice try."
"Such a tender touch you got there, doc. Great bedside manner, too. You're a regular Florence Nightingale."
"Hey, could be less pleasant than this -- My last name could be Ratched and I could play it up!"

It's nice when you come across a doctor you can banter easily with

edit on 10/30/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL! Yeah, Mr. Nyiah sounds like an average guy!

"No, no, it's fi-Aaargh!-ne." Doctors with humour are the only kind that should exist imho. Hope it gets better soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

LOL! Yeah, Mr. Nyiah sounds like an average guy!

"No, no, it's fi-Aaargh!-ne."

When we were dating, he managed to break his elbow, and in typical guy fashion, tried to ignore it. Lol, what is it with you men and trying to ignore the serious injuries? A broken elbow is hard to ignore when you can't use the arm at all XD

Doctors with humour are the only kind that should exist imho. Hope it gets better soon.

I completely agree!! Both kids were born via c-section, but both the doctor and anesthesiologist I had for the younger kid's delivery were regular stand up comedians in the operating room. It was funny as hell in there, start to finish
It's a shame personalities like that aren't more common in medicine.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I have Doctor's I can joke with and it's great! One though, he'll smile, and I can even make him chuckle, but is normally rather serious and makes me nervous. That is my oncologist. The one I had before was more pleasant, but I had to keep traveling to Providence which was a pain in the butt.

Talk about stubborn men, mine drives me crazy! I saved his life 3 or 4 times. He was always 'fine', but when he arrived at the Hospital all those times they were amazed he was still alive. I learned a long time ago not to trust him, but his symptoms will be so subtle because he doesn't complain at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Good day Matthew! Hope all is well!

In a little while I will be going out with my Sister. Always feels so good to get out of the house.

How are you today?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Morning Sheddittes. Hope everyone is doin' good
Today is great for me, I get my computer in mere hours!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

OH!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Brent!

Running out the door. We can have a party later! Have an awesome day!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have fun
my bday isn't til the 17th, it's an early present.

link   

OH! LOL
OK, gotta run! Have an awesome day anyway!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
New computer up and running. Gotta get used to Win 10 lol. And I cant log into steam grrr

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Make sure you get into "privacy" in your computer's "settings" in windows 10 and you shut off all the spyware stuff that's set to run by default. Like eg your microphone and camera are on, it tracks your location, there's an automatic keylogger for your keyboard that sends eveything you type back to Microsoft, etc. All to help them "improve your experience" of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

It's a PC so I dont have to worry about the camera or mic thank goodness. Apparently it has some video memory, but I cant find it under This PC. Do you know where I might find the info?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hello Shed!

Shep in for a visit! Anyone home?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hey Shep! Hello to anyone else who is here!

How are you doing, Shep? Are you sitting in a coffee shop by chance?
Waiting for a Sheperdito?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
I am in a coffee shop, actually. I'm not waiting for Shepherdito #1, though, he's sitting across from me still doing his schoolwork for the day. At the moment he's showing me a picture of a fly's eye magnified 2000x. We are waiting for his karate class to start, actually, so I'm sitting here reading writing in between the science lessons I'm getting from Shepherdito.

How are you, dear lady?

edit on 10-30-2018 by PrairieShepherd because: Reading, writing...is there a difference?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hello Junior Shep!

A fly's eye magnified 2000x ? That sounds like a horrifying image!

I am fine, thank you. I killed a spider earlier so I'm basically on red alert constantly checking my perimeter, lol.

Also putting some lights on around The Shed so it's bright when Night gets home. ☺

Edit...Re your edit...you were reading my replies so technically your pre-edited line was correct. (or also correct)
edit on 30-10-2018 by jacygirl because: smart-assery

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Actually the picture was magnified so much you couldn't tell what it was. Not horrifying
at all.

I try not to kill spiders, but occasionally they need squashing.

Nice job on the Shed lights.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Oh and Junior Shep says "Hello back".

EDIT: I had to edit re: your edit which was re: my edit. Yes, technically you are correct.
edit on 10-30-2018 by PrairieShepherd because: Responding to an edit in response to an edit. About reading. Or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join