It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

The pain is from my shoulders. It's a repetitive motion injury I got at a factory years ago (made worse by a doctor) and has been getting worse over time. What critters do you have?
In more civilized countries, repetitive motion injuries are prevented, it is cheaper in the long run to care for the workers. But Alas.
I have an ancient Beagle/Russel mix. Sam. I am digging a hole for him before it freezes over, I don't think he will last through the winter. He is very tired. Then there is Gigi, a Giant Rottweiler , that I inherited from a friend who died of cancer. She is old too. And last but not least my Angel. A deaf white Angora kitty. A rescue going on thirteen years, her and I are inseparable after all these years. We all are.
I will give up any thing for them.

a reply to: Night StarShe's just fine.

You have a sweet heart? I am sooooo happy for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wish some one was here. Not just "any one" but "some one". I am a little vulnerable right now, just a little. (understatement]
I am lonely and scared. Not a place I go very often and not in public. This is public. A hug would be good, no words of advice about getting out more. I can't afford to do anything. And I don't want to go out and say the same things a thousand times over and get the same looks and the same responses.

Yes, I am grateful for all the little things and my job and...but right now I just feel really vulnerable. Just a hug, please.

It is pathetic that this is where I go instead of going to a friend, but they are sitting with their family all cozy.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey, WIS...

Sup... I have nothing but writer's block.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

My older sis' ex husband re married and didn't invite her and his daughters. They found out from his ring band. So... Funny to me and so infuriating to her and her kids. He's a great guy. He just couldnt control my sister's bad moody swings and pot and cig habbit. So he left. Now she's ranting to me. I was laughing because she states it's about her kids, yet they're both adults, pushing late twennies. They too have mean ol habbits. So it makes sense for him to move on. I thought about being blunt but I repented.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hey Sweet Pea...
I don't know if you are still here or gone...but I want you to know that I am hugging you and sending my love.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way tonight and wish I could sit with you and tell you that I love you, because I do.

I am grateful to have this Shed family and I know that many of us are on our own in real life. (and we need this place to connect with each other because sometimes the loneliness can be scary and overwhelming).

I'm not very good with words these days but I want to thank Night Star for keeping the Shed light on (always) for us...and I want to thank you all for being here.
xoxo

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

We are all someone. I'm here. Got busy earlier and was terribly behind with my friends and family on facebook.

Hope you are still around. I have a good hug for you just waiting to be claimed.
Wish I saw this earlier. There have been a number of times when I wished people were in here and I found the place empty and quiet as hell.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

It gets lonely in here sometimes, so I'm glad that you and Wis and Pinnochio showed up.

Thank you for mentioning my keeping the lights on. Some of us still need this place and hopefully more will participate in the future.

Hugs for you too!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

It's always sad for me to see families broken up and not getting along. I was blessed with a warm loving family and am forever grateful for that.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey sweetie,
I think we were both replying to WIS at the same time.

Some of us do need this place very much...and you don't need to thank me...I thank YOU.

I'm really lucky to have two good friends in real life but I can't be with them all the time...and when I'm all alone I feel so sad and lonely that I don't know how to deal with it sometimes.

Coming here and seeing pages of chitchat to read makes me feel like I'm here with everyone and it pretty much saves my sanity. I appreciate everyone who participates here and keeps the Shed alive.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You guys have saved my sanity many times.

I love interacting with people in here and it's always lovely when a new member joins us. It is the people who make the place what it is.

I am ever so thankful that you have returned and bring your light, love and humor.

With so many people in here that have been through or are going through struggles, it isn't very hard to understand one another. Life may change us in some ways, but we are a loving bunch who extend our hands in friendship and in love and have become like an extended family to one another.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Thank you, I appreciate you saying that. This last year has changed me and I don't like what the changes have done to me.
I fumble over words and feel that I can't adequately express what I'm trying to say.
I stayed away because I didn't know how to sound light hearted when my heart was breaking over the lack of support from my family and my self esteem hit rock bottom.

But sometimes we manage to laugh and joke and those conversations give me the strength to keep going.

I hope the others know that if they need to talk they just need to say so and one (or more) of us will step in and offer hugs and comfort...and it helps. It's good if we support each other and there is no shame in admitting you need help or just someone to chat to.

We have something special here. It's worth nurturing and making an effort to ensure that members can be honest if they're feeling low. I care very much and I'm not the only one. There are some very loving people in this family of cyber friends.
We can help each other through the rough days.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I often fumble with my words trying to express myself. You are doing just awesome!

I appreciate that you share what you are truly thinking and feeling. No one has to be afraid of saying anything, of being themselves. Life isn't always rainbows and lollipops and feelings should be acknowledged and our friends should be nurtured.

As for self esteem...you have many amazing attributes. Try to see yourself through my eyes and of the eyes of those who love and appreciate you.

We have strength, even though sometimes that strength is stretched thin. We have hope because we have each other, the people of the Shed and other ATS family who will always show us the light through the darkness and shadows. There is always love and hope and we must hold on to that with every ounce of our being when we need to.

Love you so much!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm thinking Wis might have gone to bed and is trying to stay on her schedule as she gets up so early on work days.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Okay I have my hug suit on now for everyone needing a hug especially WIS.

Me? I'm worried about my heart. I have to take naps in the late afternoon to help slow it down when it starts racing. As my insurance may be expired this Wednesday I'm debating going into the hospital early this week.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

OMG, that is cutest hug bug pic ever! LOL

Blue, yes, get to the hospital please! It is necessary. Don't worry Elfie now or I'll have to get a room next door to yours.

Seriously, you have waited far too long. GO!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'll keep your advice in mind and let you know if I'm off to see the wizard.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Yes let me know. We can sing together going down the yellow brick road.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I'll keep your advice in mind and let you know if I'm off to see the wizard.

edit on 29-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

[[[[[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]] in bundles - and a Big Bowl of Scottish Soup for you too.
Nothing warms the soul like a Soup-Cuddle!
Gx

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join