It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

"I was just out on a dragon ride and saw your lights on. Is that wine I see? Yes, I would love some." She giggles.
"I see you're already in the Christmas spirit with your tree in the corner and...is that a book of Christmas carols you're reading?"

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

"Night, many welcomes. Well, just one welcome: mine. Yes, I was reminiscing over old times when my family used to play violin and organ with some talented neighbors of ours. Now, I am here alone. Sorry, how rude! Do come in! How have you been? Still dragon riding, are you? I have not braved a dragon ride in many a year. Here, let me pour you a glass of wine. There is plenty. A great many, in fact, down in the old wine cellar. More than I know what to do with. I have wine, red or white, made by my family ages ago. And no one to share it with, ordinarily. And then I have fine Elvin wine, green or white, which requires a refined palate to appreciate. And then I have sweet fairy wine, but it is rather potent--to put it mildly. A human-sized shot of it could you give you quite the fever, one might say--a state of delirium, in fact. No, we'd best stick with the family stock. Shall I pour you a glass here for you by the sofa seat?"
edit on 20-10-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

The Shed keeps me sane

This.

Hi guys, I'm up late but so tired...can't sleep, didn't sleep last night.
My landlord is selling the house my apartment is in, and once again my future is insecure.
So I'm depressing tonight, I apologize...but that's why I'm off...not quite myself.

But not here to discuss that, just wanted to say I loved reading all your posts and I'm truly enjoying the blue bedtine story between Night and Lone. Don't stop.

I might disappear to try to sleep again. Just wanted to stop by and hug you all.
You are all such beautiful people and I appreciate having you as my friend's. As different as we are, I love something about each and every one of you.
xoxo

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Oh my sweet little Angel, I just want to hug you tight and make you feel safe. We'll have to try to find a solution if things turn for the worse. Being disabled, don't they have special housing that goes by your income? Try to rest if you can. I know that's easier said than done. Love you so much my friend!

edit on 20-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Wishing you enchanting dreams, Jacy.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The wind howled and rattled the windows as they spoke. "Thank you so much dear friend. There has been much suffering amongst the people of the Shed and it tears at my heart. A glass of wine will hopefully help." She picks up the crystal goblet and sips slowly. She gazes into the flames as the fire roars in the fireplace. "Tomorrow is a new day and we can hold on tightly to hope of better things to come."

Night thought she saw a dark shadow looming. "Ummm...I don't think we're alone here. Have you lived here long?" She asked wide eyed with concern.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Oh Lone, she will love that so much! Beautiful!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thanks guys, I dindt come to talk about problems tonight.
Was just excited to see everyone and wanted to say that.

This place makes me happy knowing I have amazing friends all around the world. I never feel alone when I'm here with any of you.

So...this blue
story...it's good. Is he going to kiss her? Will there be romance? I need to know how many snacks to grab. I'd love to hear more story if you're still around.

I will be here until I nod off.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Awwwww, still here Hunny bunch! Lone is writing his next installation. I can share my popcorn with you. You can join the blue story if you'd like.

edit on 20-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

"The spirits of this place scurry," Lone replied. He sat upon his own sofa seat, beside the crackling fireplace. "They hide by day, but watch. They linger at night, but keep their distance. If an unpleasant one wanders in, I know of an old Elvin secret for for that problem." He stood and sprinkled some sea salt over his palm, and sprinkled it over the floor above the shadow. The shadow instantly faded and its darkness could not be seen nor felt anymore. Lone sat back down and sipped his wine. "One can live in great harmony in this acre of woods. One needs only to respect nature--both seen and unseen--and know of its ways. Respect them and they respect you. The same is true of dragons, as you know. A dragon may demolish an entire city, wiping it off the face of the planet. Or, a dragon may grant warmth to a lonely child and see them home safely to her parents. Such is the way of nature: blunt if in its path, graceful if on its back. I myself am half-Elvin, as you know. I do have this instinct in me, and its wisdom in my library. You are as safe here as your own grace affords you.

"Chaos and despair, that belongs far from here--beyond those tall and dark trees, even the fields behind it and the sea. Follow the red sun for a day and you will find a realm of unpleasantness, where folks live for greed and dire need. It is best to rest safe here in these woods. It is quite, peaceful, and the dragons scare away those who are less 'in tune' with the fiery yet passive way of nature than we are, my old friend."

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
edit.

edit on 20-10-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Glad you are enjoying the story.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The Elvan Warrior giggled. It had been some time since she felt so safe and warm. "you remembered the old salt trick did you? Have you remembered many of the spells of old? Do you still have the ancient tomes I lent you? Speaking of which, I haven't seen them for some time, but they are safe here so it's ok." The white wine was getting to her and she began feeling quite peaceful and a bit drowsy.

Without realizing, she fell fast asleep with her head upon Lone's broad shoulder. Suddenly she began to snore. Not very lady like, but true story.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The music of a fantasy forestland.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

How very enchanting! Listening and smiling.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

"Why, of course," Lone said. He walked to the shelf and felt through the tomes Night had given him. He found one of special virtue and picked it off the shelf, opening it up to calmly glance over. "These books are precious to me. This one, of the unseen words of treespeak, most especially. With but a soft, gentle hum, one may enchant a tree and thus also be enchanted back from one. Speaking to the trees and flowers enlivens this forest, keeps it healthy and strong, thus protective of us all." He opened his eyes and saw that Night was falling asleep, head low. She had indeed been weighted by worries as of late. Here, with her old friend, she felt comforted. Her comfort allowed her great rest. Lone smiled and whispered a blessing upon her, placed the book back upon the shelf, and sat back down in his chair. Her head lay to his shoulder, soon deep asleep. Lone closed his eyes and listened to the crackling flame, fiery yet gentle, on and on, until he lost himself in dream.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That took my breath away. Sigh....

I can't thank you enough for bringing so much enchantment here to the Shed tonight! Now we can get back to chatting on the phone.

And NO we are not breaking any T&C's just to be clear. Lone and I met back in 2005 on another site and exchanged numbers. We have been the best of friends ever since.

Hope everyone is dreaming beautiful dreams, unless you are just waking up in which case I will leave a fresh pot of coffee on.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
for Night

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Read and replied Hun! What happened to my dragon envelope?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Too many people missing in here. Do I have to send out a dragon search party or what???

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join