It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Thanks Light. I missed that. How's your day?
I am off and just hanging out, gonna do a little willow putzing and relax. Cheers

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey WIS, I can't complain. I still do though. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the council. They are going to "let" me perform 20 hours of unpaid work each week in order to keep my welfare. It sounds like an adventure is awaiting me soon.

"Work fascinates me, I can stand and look at it for hours!"

My Dad

Have fun with the willows.

edit on 9/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla
The anesthesia that dentists use is normally very localized and intended to target a specific area for quite a short time. It's also often given by an injection directly into the area that's either painful, or going to be.

Spinal damage is different. It's not usually practical or even very safe to stick needles into spinal nerve areas, and as the pain can go on for days, weeks or even longer, in most cases it's just not possible to use pain relief of the kinds dentists use. It needs to be long-lasting. I'm on a 24/7 pain relief regime, through IVs (drips) every morning plus very strong tablets. The picture I posted is when I was having my morning IV at the doctor's. Those drugs for pain relief then allow me to use my tablets during the rest of the day.

In fact, without the daily IVs to make my body tolerant to the drugs, it's not even safe to use my tablets. They're about 75 to 100 times stronger than morphine, for example.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla
Some of these conditions can recover on their own. The body can often heal itself. It jusst depends exactly what was wrong.

And yes, sometimes doctors get it wrong, which is why it can be good to get a second opinion if it's a serious case.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've been "put under" twice. Once I was very young and it was at the same (British military) hospital my Dad worked at. (I don't think he was present at the operation) My tonsils needed to come out. I'm 5 or 6 I guess. They put what was effectively a gas-mask on me and told me to breathe deep. My first thought was this gas smells funny and my second thought never really fully materialised. I wake up, eat little more than ice-cream for days and feel really out of place and nervous. After a day or two, some nurse comes along and insists I need to go in bath. I try to cover my dignity as best I can and she leaves while I am in the bath. What she doesn't know is that I am very nervous and haven't been to the toilet for a while.

Five minutes later, the loving, caring, concerned nurse comes back to see how I'm doing in the bath. The first thing she sees is the floating turd. There might have been two, fair enough! Let's just say she was not happy with me. I told her I was sorry and I couldn't help it!

The second time I was 16. An injection.

"Count from 10 to 1..."

"Don't be silly, 10...9...8... how difficult can this beeeeeeee......"

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"Count from 10 to 1..."

Oh, tell me about it! I've only been fully under once (but also knocked out in accidents a couple of times), and it was for a rather complicated microsurgery op on my hand after a rather nasty and really dumb accident with an electric drill. Ummm... Yeah. Like that...

I won't go into details, I'll just offer a bit of advice to anyone who wants to listen: don't work with potentially dangerous machinery when you are really tired and not totally focused. My accident was on a Friday evening after a very hard week.

Anyway, back to the operation thing: they gave me gas via a mask and as he applied it the anaesthetist said the classic, "Count down from ten".

I recall getting to nine.
Next thing I knew was when I woke up in Recovery.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Finally finished with unloading all their belongings,
Aria and Errollorre enter the new Shed.
They say hello to everyone, then after setting their room in order, they join the gathering of Shed folk in the great social hall.

After a little while Troll the troll enters the Shed.
Hardly pausing to look around he strolls up to the bar and points to a large wooden barrel sitting on the back wall surrounded by many bottles and elixirs.

Dozens of pixies fly and gather together to lift the barrel and move it over to the bar in front of Troll.
Troll lifts the barrel up high and rips the tap out of the front of it.
A river of ale pours out of it and flows down into the large wide mouth of Troll.
After standing like this for over thirty minutes the barrel is finally empty and Troll lets out a loud belch.
For a moment all the candles and lanterns in the Shed blaze brighter.

Then Troll puts the barrel down and looks around.
He's feeling rather jovial.
He signals to Gordi and Errollorre to join him on the performance stage set up on the far end of the room.

Gordi sits behind the drums while Errollorre picks up a bass guitar.
Troll slings on a guitar and hits a chord.

edit on 9-10-2018 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Good day Sheddites. Not much going on here. Dentist appointment today(ugh) hopefully they don't take a piece of bone like last time. Sending positive thoughts, wishing all a good day.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Morning (afternoon). I never turn down coffee. Thanks.
edit on 9-10-2018 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Morning!

Anyone know if there is a Halloween avatar thread this year?

Skid, she has floppy ears! I'll get you a pic of her love heart on her torso markings!
Gordi, loved the guitar playing pics with the fam, the police tape made me laugh and laugh!
WIS, Meant to say hi to you a few days ago, time kept getting away from me.
Kaelici, my aussie buddy, jumped on to your bitting page plan on reading it next day off!

Everyone else muah xox

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It was hard to tell the way she was laying down. I'm looking forward to the pic. I'll try to get Suzie to cooperate so I can get a pic of hers.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hadn't heard this cover before

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

"Count from 10 to 1..."

Oh, tell me about it! I've only been fully under once (but also knocked out in accidents a couple of times), and it was for a rather complicated microsurgery op on my hand after a rather nasty and really dumb accident with an electric drill. Ummm... Yeah. Like that...

I won't go into details, I'll just offer a bit of advice to anyone who wants to listen: don't work with potentially dangerous machinery when you are really tired and not totally focused. My accident was on a Friday evening after a very hard week.

Anyway, back to the operation thing: they gave me gas via a mask and as he applied it the anaesthetist said the classic, "Count down from ten".

I recall getting to nine.
Next thing I knew was when I woke up in Recovery.

Mike, best wishes to you. I may have said this before but my memory isn't the same as it used to be. I never got the countdown option when they put me under for ankle surgery. All I remember was someone saying "here's the mask". It went over my mouth and I was out for the count.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Gordi, loved the guitar playing pics with the fam, the police tape made me laugh and laugh!...

Hi zazzy!
Thank You... it was GREAT FUN!

a reply to: Errollorre

haha - Nicely done Tom! (Gotta LOVE the Troll song! IT IS GOOD!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One of my favorite singer-songwriters of all time, performing one of the most beautiful songs she ever wrote. Yes, though her friend James Taylor was the first to have a hit with it, she wrote it.

I hit "post" too early...

Wanted to say that I posted this song because I feel I've been hearing and living her message all around me, from all of you. I'm very grateful for your friendship, compassion and understanding.

Thank you.
edit on 9/10/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow, I slept the day away! It felt good as I really needed a good night's sleep.

I can't tell you all how much I have enjoyed your posts, pics and videos today!

We have had 4 years of Shed adventures together and made lasting friendships and for that I am ever so grateful.

To add to the 'being put under' conversation...Aside from having my tonsils out, I had an operation to have a port put in when I was receiving chemo back in 2011and then one for a lumpectomy. Having the port out was done in the Doctor's office and rather comical...it was like pulling teeth and stubborn and didn't want to come out. I didn't feel a thing so all was good.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hey handsome! Not sure if you are still around. I'm terrified of operations even though I have been through them before. Anxiety kicks in for me just knowing I have a Doctor's appointment or test of some kind. I never know when they might find yet another problems with this old body of mine. I'm a big baby. LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

That’s quite an introduction to a song . Gotta luv trolls !

I can just picture you and Gordie and the troll onstage together. đŸ˜†

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Our boys are very talented and have shared some amazing things with us. I am so hoping that they do another collaborative for us soon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join