It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Dragon mail. Cool, on my way.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla
Damla, if a person has mental problems, everything can look weird. But the truth is, if you do not have the right professional training, you cannot really help him. He needs people who work with these problems every day.

But most important: it is impossible to fix these problems over a phone or internet. Ask any professional in mental health care: they must have the person right there, in front of them. Because words on a screen tell very little. They need to see the whole person. And sometimes, they need to take very fast action to help them. You cannot do this on a phone or internet.

You are emotionally involved. Even with an "ex", this is always true. It is always better to have professionals take care of people with these problems, because they are not emotionally involved like we may be. They will make decisions based on only one thing: what is best for this patient, at this moment?

They do not think about love or lost love, or good times in the past or bad times. Medical professionals have one priority: how do we help this person and keep him (or her) alive, so they can get more help, and get better?

Leave it to the experts. This is what they do every day. Yes, it is hard for them too, but they choose to do this difficult job.

You cannot help him. Because of his mental illness, you do not know how to help him. If he had a broken leg, would you know how to do surgery and make him ok again? This is the same: his mind is broken and he needs expert medical care. And you do not even have the medicines he might need to make sure he stays alive and stays safe, while they try to make his mind better again.

You did the very best thing for him. Police see people with mental problems every day. They having training about this. They know what medical experts to call. So don't worry, you did the absolute best thing to help your ex.

One day, when he is well again, he may thank you.

Ok?

edit on 15/10/18 by JustMike because: I fixed some typos.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
Thank you for your comments.

If I hurt people by my actions, I feel bad. I mean, even if it is mental hurt, I feel responsible. I can make excuses, but that doesnot take away the hurt. So I try to ease that hurt if I can.

Your words are kind and you have a big heart. I am grateful to you.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

But most important: it is impossible to fix these problems over a phone or internet. Ask any professional in mental health care: they must have the person right there, in front of them. Because words on a screen tell very little. They need to see the whole person. And sometimes, they need to take very fast action to help them. You cannot do this on a phone or internet.

Very important words, JustMike ...and thank you for putting it out there. Depression can be very serious, and the professionals know how to deal with it. ( we hope)😕.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
I know a person who has worked in mental health for many years. And he explained that in very serious cases, where a life is at risk, it is simply impossible to provide help over the internet. It has to be face to face, and it is always very hard, even for professionals.

Basically, because every person is unique, every case is different. What works for one mental health patient will not always work for another -- even if they have identical symptoms. So the professional needs to be ready to change plans, offer different solutions, and so on.

It is a very, very hard job. They will not always win. But in a dangerous, life-threatening case, trying to help anyone over the internet or phone is simply impossible. The medical professionals need the patient right there, in front of them. Cyber connections simply will not help if a person is very close to suicide.

How do you give a real, solid hug over the internet or a phone? Sometimes that hug is the difference between life and death. But it has to be 100% real, not a cyber hug. People in extremis need real, physical people close by, and real, physical contact.

edit on 15/10/18 by JustMike because: I fixed some typos.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I don't know if they have the same thing in the US or other countries (I guess so?) but here in Holland (and the UK) you can be detained without your will for no crime, if you are a danger to yourself. Secure hospital, with professionals. Usually you need to do something crazy in public but sometimes family and/or friends inform the police before people get that far.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Very good advice Mike. There are some who feel they can fix themselves and it isn't true for more serious cases, they just continue the circle of feeling like a failure. It is very sad.

I have been very fortunate in that I was able to help a couple of people go on to live wonderful lives and have families, but even then I had recommended that they see someone. Some people just refuse to go.

I had an old pen pal who was supposed to be on meds and decided to take himself off the meds. I told him I didn't feel it was very wise, but he insisted that he never felt better, was looking forward to moving closer to his family and sounded genuinely happy. A week later, I received a phone call from the family and he had taken his own life.

Being a psychologist or psychiatrist must be a highly stressful job. There must be a high burn out rate for them I would imagine.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Yes, we have the same here. It is called "involuntary hospitalization". The doctors have to present a document to a district court within 24 hours, asking for permission to detain the person in hospital. The court must give thier decision by the 8th day, and it is for a maximum of 3 months, then it must be reviewed by a court if the drs want to extend it.

ETA: here, a psychiatrist can send a person to a mental hospital, even against their will. She can call the police totake a person there if they refuse to go. But she must be very sure they need to go, or she can have big trouble in a court later. But two other doctors at the hospital have to agree that the person needs to stay there. And they do not always agree. So, it is not a bad system, really.

This does help to save lives, but it can be abused. So, it is a good thing but can be a bad thing. However, it is better than people killing themselves.

edit on 15/10/18 by JustMike because: I added a bit more.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'm pretty sure if someone here is a danger to themselves or others, they can be held.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Well done Damla, I am on track with all the other replies, so I won't bore you with a repeat.
Your home is so nice and pretty. I envy you.

I am a neat freak at work, but at home I tend to get a little "carried away". I bring in weird looking pieces of wood or special stones or feathers. Most of my nick-knacks are recyclable. My "zoo" also takes its toll on the environment.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
You haven't found your room yet? I'll have to help you with my Elvan senses. Oh, it's...that way. Points to the right.

Thank you, it has been a little elusive, with your help I found the room but no door.

Oh. I see some stairs. I'll try them perhaps they will lead to the door.

There are so many places to explore in here, I get side tracked, weird wonderful creatures.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
You don't need to see the door. Just say, "Friend", and it will open for you. (Thanks to J R R Tolkein.)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
thank you for nice and detailed comments. i am reading almost all but i cant answer all at the moment.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You do not need to answer everything. I guess English is not your first language, so anything you can write in English is pretty good.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I bring in weird looking pieces of wood or special stones or feathers.

I have feathers and stones I find outside. My friend Diane is supposed to get me some driftwood from the beach so I can put my air plants on them.

Most recently I got a pure white feather. I once found a small feather from a cardinal. That is a prized possession.

Years ago a pheasant was roadkill and I actually got out of the car and plucked a few feathers. LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm watching a time traveler movie called Paradox.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hi Damla! Like Mike said, you don't have to answer everyone. I envy anyone who can learn a second language.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

especially today. it was so silent after a while.
i just remember hearing this 'no thought is your thought'

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
it could mean two things..either the thoughts i have are not mine or i simply have no thought.second one practically sounds a little less unlikely.not for that time being though.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

it was a beautiful day. thank you all.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join