It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Finished your amusing Troll story. Now the villages can have a feast, though Troll might have to get them to safety soon. LOL

That was a fun read! Thank you!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Not only did I love the song, but I'm now checking out their other stuff. Thank you for introducing me to a great band! Yay!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I would if I could, but my coffee is like espresso, bitter, with chocolate scents, very sharp, dark roast arabica with cream, like dark smooth velvet with a punch.

Add sugar to that and it will be perfect!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL! Sounds like quite the shopping experience. From now until Christmas it will be Isle after Isle filled with people and their screaming children who insist on either pushing the shopping cart and blocking the isle, or dancing around in the middle of the isles. The Parents see you are waiting to get by and the crappy Parents won't ask their kids to please let the lady by. That drives me nuts.

Then you always get the ones who run into someone they know and take up the whole isle so no one can get by. They start discussing everyone they both know, what everyone is up to and doing, co-workers they may have run into, what their kids have been up to, what they are having for supper etc. etc. etc. Some will see people are waiting to get by and still keep yacking. GRRR! If I see someone I haven't seen in ages, I make it quick and always make sure there is room for folks to get by. Is it really so hard to be considerate?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL! Sounds like quite the shopping experience. From now until Christmas it will be Isle after Isle filled with people and their screaming children who insist on either pushing the shopping cart and blocking the isle, or dancing around in the middle of the isles. The Parents see you are waiting to get by and the crappy Parents won't ask their kids to please let the lady by. That drives me nuts.

Then you always get the ones who run into someone they know and take up the whole isle so no one can get by. They start discussing everyone they both know, what everyone is up to and doing, co-workers they may have run into, what their kids have been up to, what they are having for supper etc. etc. etc. Some will see people are waiting to get by and still keep yacking. GRRR! If I see someone I haven't seen in ages, I make it quick and always make sure there is room for folks to get by. Is it really so hard to be considerate?

God, they drive me nuts, too. And my kids. The younger kid is too polite to say anything other than church mouse quiet "Excuse me" whispers, but my older one has a healthy dose of Alpha Dog in her, and has no problem walking up to the blocking crowd in an isle and bellowing like a soldier, "EXCUSE US, FOLKS, COMING THROUGH. COMING THROUGH. MOVE ASIDE, MOOOOVE ASIDE, CLEAR A PATH, PLEASE." Cracks my husband up every time, and he even says she's military material with that kind of crowd command. It's all in the authoritative, but polite way she bellows, not the volume. It's not by any means rude in tone, and it's very effective XD

There's an episode of Star Trek: Voyager called Survival Instinct where there's a meet & greet at a space station, and a bunch of aliens are on Voyager, Seven of Nine and Naomi WIldman are trying to get through a crowded corridor and Naomi's polite "excuse me" comments are falling on deaf ears, so Seven speaks up and everyone falls to the sides immediately.
That's a very accurate reflection of how both of mine are with crowds, lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Bahahaha! That cracked me up!

Last week was like that and this Friday I have to get groceries, OMG! Imma gonna die! LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thank you Night.
(Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my tales.)
I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Someone does. And someone often really enjoys them. You have a gentle gift of written word that should be shared, that should be cherished. ;o)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

Thank you Night.
I appreciate it.

I read it, several times, I was just wondering how to respond, because you are sort of our Shed celebrity and I didn't want to just say: "Well done" that is a little vague.
Crap. I should have said something. I love when you write. I read every single word.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A grand hug to all

A hug for every one who has shaped me into the being I am. I remain a diamond in the rough and I am grateful to any one who shaves a corner of my sharp edges. That includes "you".
Happy Thanksgiving

Must slumber now, there are a gazillion hours ahead that require rest.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It does that to me too, especially when I have to work early.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I do...sometimes 2 or 3 times. (and you know I have a crush on Troll)

Good evening everybody...nice to read all the chitchat that's been going on.
I'm feeling very down and have been laying low in lurkerville...but wanted to say "hello".
xoxo

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thank you Night.
I appreciate it.

Me too! LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I do...sometimes 2 or 3 times. (and you know I have a crush on Troll)

Good evening everybody...nice to read all the chitchat that's been going on.
I'm feeling very down and have been laying low in lurkerville...but wanted to say "hello".
xoxo

Love you so much my friend!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Beautifully said dear friend!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Waves to everyone who was here or will soon be arriving!

This will be our Shed Thanksgiving table tomorrow.

For all the beautiful souls who have touched my life, brought me joy and laughter, allowed me to share my pain and sorrow and for being you, I am ever so grateful!

For always being a beacon of light in the darkness and shadows, I give thanks.

For making me smile and laugh and brightening my days, thank you all!

It is all of you who have made the Shed what it is today, kept the pages turning and allowed me to see your lives unfolding through the years. For all the wonderful stories, pictures, memes and songs, I thank you! There is a special kind of magic that we have here and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. To Sheddite Light Warriors everywhere, Happy Thanksgiving with many blessings!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here we go again ...

Strong winds, Bush fires out of control and a dust storm.

Straya !!

😎

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Oh no! Stay safe Hunny!

When I saw Straya I thought why is Timely mentioning one of my cats that passed away and how did he remember her name. LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Hehe !

Nah, just speaking strine...

We can always go across the road to the beach.
Our cats could pose problems if evacuation is called for.

The fire is some 10km away and multiple fire fighters are on scene. Just feel sorry for those that could be impacted within the hour. Not to mention all the Koalas etc.

The strong winds are a major concern ...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Prayers for all involved.

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join