It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

It's a baby possum. I didn't know what the hell it was either at first. I think it's adorable and would love to hold one. And no, not deadly. LOL

Goodnight John boy!

Bed time for me.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sweet dreams MaryEllen ...

Sue Ellen and Ellen !

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Morning Shedigans.
Just staying on schedule here so my sleep cycle doesn't get messed up.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I know what you mean about sleep cycles friend, after being on call for work last week AND it being the busiest daggone time I've had in awhile I am like this

However I would like to request some strength and good luck my way for this morning as I am having my oral surgery procedure this morning and am quite apprehensive, to say the least. I have never been comfortable with being poked and prodded on around my face or eyes LOL probably why I could never, after all of these years, bring myself to have my shattered cheek and eye socket repaired...oh well, one day maybe.

I will return the favor whenever needed

((hugs)) everyone!

Hopefully, I'll see you all soon OR I'll sleep for the next 5 days!

< 3

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Well hi. Long time no see. Messed up sleep cycles seems to be a thing. Since the stupid time change I've been waking up at 7 something-way too early.

How have you been?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hiya Skiddy!

I think of you and the girls often, all is well enough here.

The time change is a beast and I think that every year it gets harder and harder to adjust. Could it be from getting older?

Nah!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hey kids.
It's that time of year for holiday cartoons.
And I guess this is my version of a literary cartoon.
Here is my Thanksgiving Troll Story.
(Dusted off from last year and served as reheated leftovers.)

Troll walked along a dirt path towards a fishing village on the far side of Accasia.
He came to the town and walked to the piers where the boats were tied and anchored. Then he turned and walked along the shore for another mile.
Then her turned and walked straight into the ocean.
As he walked further out to sea the water raised up around him.
It reached to his chin but then rose no higher.
Troll was walking on a secret underwater land bridge that he had discovered long ago.
An ordinary man would be unable to use it, but Troll was tall and could reach it and still keep his head above water.
He was walking out to an island that lay about five miles out from the Accasian shore.
Troll liked to go there occasionally and sit high up in the wooded mountains of the isle.
It was a place of refuge for Troll.

As he walked along the ocean bridge he thought about what he had witnessed in The Shed the day before.
Errollorre and Aria, along with Nightstar., Gordi, Wis, Bird, and Crappie Cat, and many other of the Shed regulars were gathered for a celebration.
Errollorre explained to Troll that in other lands and worlds, often a day was set aside when friends and families would get together and give thanks for the blessings they had in their lives.
Not everyone in the Shed had this custom in the other world homelands, but they never let an excuse for a party go by.

Troll left because he was often awkward in social situations.
Besides there were not nearly enough of those turkey birds for Troll to eat.

After some time Troll approached the large island.
As he walked and approached the shore he noticed the the large boats that usually were anchored in the docks of the seaside island village were burnt or sunk.

Troll walked up onto the shore and saw a boy sitting on an overturned rowboat staring wide eyed and frozen with fear, staring at Troll.
“Don’t scared.” said Troll. “Troll no beat men for fun like Troll used to.”
The boy relaxed a little.

“What happen boats?” asked Troll
“They were destroyed in the recent war with the Witch Queen.” said the boy. “Accasia has forgotten we are on this island so we’ve been on our own repairing the damages.
We haven’t been able to get off the island for supplies and our food is almost gone. The men have been working to get a ship seaworthy again and they think they will be ready for the first one to sail in just a few days. If we can hold out that long.”

“Why not get food from woods animals in mountain?” asked Troll.
“It’s too dangerous.” said the boy. “There is a monstrous flying beast that has come to live on the mountain. It is as big as a dragon but with feathers and a face like a bird. But it is not like any bird we have ever seen. It has great claws and arrows do not penetrate its hide. It steals our cattle and has taken some of the townsfolk as well. We must stay in the village together until the boats are ready.”

The boy's stomach growled. Troll looked at the boy then looked up at the tall mountain.
“Troll be back.” said Troll as he walked towards the mountain.
With one hand Troll grabbed a large ax that had been wedged deep into a tree stump nearby.
Troll began to climb the gravel slopes of the great mountain.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
continued...

The mountain had been formed, like the island itself, from a volcano.
The volcano had been dormant for as long as anyone could remember.
But the dome of hardened lava that had once completely covered the volcano's massive crater had collapsed in some places.
Through these openings great billows of steam and heat poured out.
One could also look down in some places and see rivers of molten magma flowing through the mountain.
This heating of the mountaintop allowed vegetation to thrive high above the rocky and barren surface below.
It was also near this lush and warm top that the great feathered beast had made its nest.

Troll reached the mountaintop and walked around peering over its edge until he at last spotted the nest of the great creature.
In beast sat sleeping in its nest. In one enormous claw it held a large cow that was only half alive. In its other claw was something large that was now only blood and bones.

Troll spied a large vine hanging from a tree and pulled it down and wrapped it up.
Troll walked to the edge of the mountain overlooking the nest a grabbed a large tall elm tree that was growing there.

With tremendous strength he bent the tree over and tied the vine around the top.
Then he hooked the top of the tree under a large branch belonging to the massive tree the beast had built its nest in.

Troll took the loose end of the vine and carefully and quietly snuck into the nest of the flying beast.
He tied the other end around the top of the creature's massive claw.

Troll then went over to the claw holding the wounded cow.
Troll began to pull the beast's claw open.
When it was open wide enough Troll gave the cow a shove with his foot and the cow found new life with the taste of freedom.
As Troll watched the cow run into the mountain forest the beast awoke and closed its claw around Troll.

Troll grabbed two of the claws toes and pushed back hard.
The pointed talons of the beast were like knives inches away from piercing the body of Troll.
Suddenly there was a loud crack as Troll snapped and broke the talons of the beast.

The creature let out a deafening screech and Troll leapt from the nest.
He swung his ax and chopped the branch holding the elm tree away.
The elm tree shot up like a catapult and when the vine tightened around the creature's claw it flung it up and over the edge of the mountain.

Troll saw that the creature now laid in a daze next to one of the opening on the mountain over the flowing lava.
Troll pulled a nearby tree out of the ground with its roots hanging.
He swung the tree like a baseball bat and smacked the beast into the hole.
The vine around its claw kept it from falling all the way in, but the heat ignited its feathers and it became a giant fireball.

The beast flapped wildly and was momentarily airborne until another smack from the tree Troll was swinging sent it hurtling into the forest.
When the flaming creature hit the dry trees it set the forest ablaze.

The sun had set for the village below but everyone rushed from their homes to look at the giant fireball on the mountain above.
The now dead creature rolled through the forest and down the mountain setting more and more of the forest ablaze.
Troll ran to a stream flowing down the mountain and ran through it down towards the village.

Troll reached the village first because he was not slowed by crashing into trees and setting them on fire.
The horrified people of the town were staring at the mountain when over a small hut leapt Troll who landed in front of them.

“This from Troll.” yelled Troll to the terrified crowd.
Suddenly the flower mill at the end of town seemed to explode as the now cooked carcass of the beast hit it and sent flour through the air and down on the village like snow.

The beast rolled down the center of the street and came to rest within a few yards of the startled villagers.
It towered over the town's buildings and sat there cooked and a golden brown from the flower.

Troll walked out into the ocean and onto the hidden land bridge.
Troll turned and yelled to the crowd before he disappeared from view, “Enjoy you give thanks beast.”
The people stood there stunned with a cooked creature of many tons blocking the village road.
Then the turned to see the mountain fire burning out of control and fireball from it igniting the buildings on the edge of town.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Howdy! I don't know about getting older. I have insomnia and have to have a sleep schedule. It just messes everything up. Glad to see everything has been good for you.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey there Wis! I wish someone would pour me coffee while I'm in bed. LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

My sleep pattern is... I stay up way too late and get up very late. When I have to get up early like today, it throws me for a loop. LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Wishing you the strength you need and good luck for your surgery today Chirp!
Love and miss you! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Tom, we're having company in a couple of hours or so and I need a bath and to get dressed. I see two nice long story entries by you and look forward to reading them after I'm dressed. Yay! I already starred the posts, because you've never written anything I didn't love.
See you soon.

Hello to anyone who comes in and to all our lurkers out there!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

OH NO oral surgery. I do hope everything went well, and that you were "put down". I hate people touching my teeth. And the pain when the "super meds" wear off. Uff. I would put a small amount of water in jars with lids, freeze them and use them to numb the area. They tell you to contact them if the pin is intollerable, any pain is intollerable when it is in your head. I have a very low threshhold though.
Here is a post OP hug

Thanks for the Paul Simon vid, he is a favorite of mine and of course S&G.

On my shifts I am awake 17-18 hours so I am very selfish about getting sleep when I can and holding on to a schedule. It is my bread and butter.
edit on 21-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: letter

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

i feel for you and send you a lot of strength and good luck your way!

be brave! suggest to yourself that you are calm and collected and that nothing can hurt you.

do you get surgery with narcoses or just local anesthetic?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Wow, Sir, I kind of liked that, that is to say I can use that in an introspective manner. it is obviously not a "feel good" piece, but it lends credence to taking personal responsibility.
I won't try to devise why you posted it, but it gave me something to contemplate.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I would if I could, but my coffee is like espresso, bitter, with chocolate scents, very sharp, dark roast arabica with cream, like dark smooth velvet with a punch.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hubby decided today was a great day to go snag a couple of early Christmas gifts to stash for the kids while they're still on sale & in stock, at Meijer.
By himself.
The evening before Thanksgiving.

I've been textbombed for the last half hour, lol. I quote, transcribed from the texts themselves, with the exception of shorthand changed to full words:

"Holy s#, it's a madhouse in here"
"Everyone in west Michigan is right here today. RIGHT. HERE."
"Jesus Christ, where do these people keep coming from?"
"I think the store is at capacity"
"WOW. It's actual gridlock where the turkeys are. I couldn't get anywhere near them if I wanted to."
"Who's idea was it for me to come here today?!" Me: "Yours." "I admit nothing."
"I'm in the vicinity of the registers. It's...going to be a while."

Edit: Oops, hit submit too soon.

Anyway, I'm cracking up on my end of this conversation. My man, this is why we do not do Black Friday. The day before Thanksgiving is bad enough, it's worse on Friday XD
edit on 11/21/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Love your avatar!

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join