It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Night stretched like a cat and rubbed her eyes. The warrior fell out of her chair suddenly when she noticed she was in the Shed with her friends. "Wait...what...what is going on? We were in the middle of a massive battle. There were millions of Armagors and the dragons came and..." Night looked around the room and saw Errollorre and Aria speaking in hushed tones. Gordi was finishing off a drink and, looked groggy and just as confused as she did. So did all the others.

It was cold, so very cold. Night noticed that the doors and skylight above were opened. "This can't be...we're home. We're home!!!" She shouted with glee. But...how?"

Pesky the pixie stirred from sleep and with her little motor mouth started spewing questions. Night smoothed the little Pixie's hair. The Elf ran to the arched windows and there were no evil beings of any kind lurking about, only a moonlit sky with dancing stars like millions of tiny diamonds.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hi Blue! Toilet day eh? I slept the day away. So far, so good. Good to see you! Hope you're ok.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm getting by as I can today. The cold has made my hurts hurt more as expected. Otherwise it's time to through the donuts in the bushes as I think there are at least one or two friendly lurkers out there today.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hey! I just got hit by a jelly donut!

Hi Blue and Night! And everybody!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have been celebrating World Toilet Day. I say celebrate, it was more like an obsession. Don't ask!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I have been celebrating World Toilet Day. I say celebrate, it was more like an obsession. Don't ask!

Oh dear...were you hugging it? (If so I'm sorry)

So I was minding my business, lurking in the bushes. Got pelted with a donut and now nobody is talking to me.
How are you doing?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Oh dear...were you hugging it? (If so I'm sorry)

You asked. Yes, with both butt cheeks at least several times today.
I think all this talk of seafood hasn't helped...
edit on 19/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Our lurkers must be getting fat with all the donuts being thrown their way.

Hello Blue, Jacy and Light! Just watching things on youtube. Throws some logs into the fireplace. Brrrrr, cold!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Awwww, that sucks! Eat rice. That could help.

I'm roasting marshmallows on the fire in the fireplace.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Aww geez...I am sorry.
Night is right, rice will help. Avoid dairy products, but drink fluids so you don't get dehydrated.
And don't steal any of her roasted marshmallows (but they sound yummy).

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

With the temperature outside they're going to need that fat. Every time I go outside my bladder complains. I went on a walkabout and on my way back a young man asked me politely if I could spare him some change. He was dressed in better looking clothes than me (there is a hole in the ass of my jeans, small but undeniable in this cold weather) and he was also holding a rather expensive bike. I shook his hand and wished him a fine evening and good luck. He told me he hadn't eaten that day. I told him I hadn't either. (The truth.)

I can be a sucker for a good story and I coulda missed a dollar or two but, this wasn't a good story.

ETA Don't worry, I hate marshmallows! They are disgusting and are only fit to be thrown on the fire. Bah nasty shizzle, let it sizzle.
edit on 19/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That was a sad story

It's ok, we have many food items to make and share in here. Whatever you'd like, we can make it for you.

With Thanksgiving coming up on Thursday, we have a local restaurant who is offering a free meal to anyone who wants one. I'm thinking besides the poor people, there will be people who may be alone and so they will have company. They will donate any left overs to food kitchens. I eat there often as the owners are wonderful people and have reasonable prices. My friend and I who go out grocery shopping and doing errands have something to eat in the afternoon, talk and laugh and then do our shopping. You can get a big breakfast for 5 bucks! They collect money through the year for this event.

They will also be giving away scarfs and gloves. Maybe coats? I am proud of my city as they look after the poor and homeless, not just this one restaurant, but other places as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Ooooh, chair dancing here. Love Metallica!

Hey Jiminy, if you're lurking, we have Metallica.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sounds very cool. A little cheer goes a long way. I wasn't trying to dis people that like marshmallows either, but euw. Moving swiftly on. Local businesses are key. When I worked for the foodbank at the old town the local Chinese restaurant donated on regular occasions. They also had a nice big van and a big strong Dutch/Chinese guy that helped carry the heavy stuff too.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I don't eat marshmallows myself, but roasted over a campfire, I have tried and they were good. That was when I was a kid. LOL

It's wonderful that the Chinese restaurant donated food.
I am always happy to hear such stories. There is no reason any human being should have to go hungry or be without the necessities in life.

I'm looking forward to Gordi or anyone else's contribution to the ongoing Shed story. You've written in the past and I hope to see you write something eventually.

Where has Fin gone to? Quick, check the castle!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Where has Fin gone to? Quick, check the castle!

Hello, i am here!

About to fill a mug with dark roasted coffee and then reply to timely's post from a couple of days ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've got a clogged up meibomian gland in my eyelid in one eye, it's all irritated and puffed up from not being able to secrete properly. I look like I got whacked in the eye a bit, lol.

I've been working on it with a hot compress, massaging the little teeny lump under the skin there upward to it's blocked outlet since yesterday. I've managed to liquefy and drain some of it massaging and pressing (that was...gross) but it's still damn sore. Well, I'm sure massaging it isn't helping it feel any better, this is such a PITA. A sore eye always makes me feel really tired (kind of par for the course for eye issues, though, isn't it?) and I'm in the middle of getting the Christmas tree set up (I won! I finally WON the annual argument!! It's up before Thanksgiving!) I managed to get the tree up & branches fluffed before my tired, irritated eye had enough and demanded a hot compress and a snooze.

It's amazing how something as simple as a tiny blocked gland for the eye can dictate energy levels.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

There's that smiling face! Hi Fin! How are you today Hun?

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join