It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The famous "snowmen" are my absolute favourites. Some of them were dark and really more for adults than kids, but I thought they were brilliant.

I'm actually trying to get my laptop on, would love to post a couple of those pics...so if I seem to disappear for a bit I'm still here.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Pashmina is just a type of wool I think first made in India.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm actually trying to get my laptop on,

Hon, you are not supposed to wear a laptop and if you can wear yours I want one of those. Is it a Canadian thing

Where does it fit? Like a bra? Or a hat?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Watterson was ingenious. He perceived and depicted the human condition in a ruthless manner. I once gave a copy to some friends ten year old. They returned the gift with the explanation that it wasn't "politically" correct.

Apple Sauce. Sounds like a good thing to make on a cold day. Where did apple sauce and especially apple butter origin from?

Apparently, modern applesauce originated in the 1700's in Europe, though it's use in sauces is still older. Apple butter appears to have originated similarly, in the Middle Ages in Europe.

And apples themselves, as best anyone can trace, seem to have originated in Kazakhstan. The oldest know variety that lead to most modern cultivars, Malus sieversii, still grows wild there. Almaty, the capitol of Kazakhstan, is derived from the Kazakh word for apples (alma) and translates to "full of apples"

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

LOL! Too heavy, I'll stick with something softer.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Thank you, that was very interesting and I didn't have to google it.
I like to follow the trail backwards of any thing and determine how it became present in our day. we take things for granted and claim possession of it. But we thread on the shoulders of giants.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Grrr...I might as well wear it for all the good it's doing me right now!!
It's frozen...like Elsa...lol...

So I'm running outside for a quick smoke and then I will be frozen too!

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL! Too heavy, I'll stick with something softer.

I know, it sounds uncomfortable, but perhaps they have "organic" computers in Canada, that apply to your body and create live virtual reality. That is an oxymoron.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Who is Elsa? Did I miss something in my culturally abnormal back ground? I know Else was the Lioness in "Born Free".
Does it give off any heat? You could use it to warm your feet in bed. Just a suggestion.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Here ya go...Elsa.

I still haven't seen this movie, but want to.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't know, could be. LOL

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Lol...Elsa from the Frozen movie, sorry!

I actually have an original book from the 60's about the making of the movie Born Free. I've lost all of my belongings but somehow managed to hang onto that.

Night...I love pashminas on other people but I can never seem to wear one right. I end up looking like I'm trying to hide some humungous tumour...not all chic like other women I see.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I forgot about that movie which was a great movie. Wow, I'll have to look it up and watch it again. Thanks for reminding me.

You would look good in a paper sack! You're gorgeous!

edit on 10-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Where are the gentlemen of the Shedlands tonight? Besides Lone I mean.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Lol...Elsa from the Frozen movie, sorry!
No sorry, now I learned something new.

I actually have an original book from the 60's about the making of the movie Born Free. I've lost all of my belongings but somehow managed to hang onto that.
First I find that rather telling, that that specific book remained with you and then I am sooooo envious. I recall watching Born Free in a Danish auditorium as part of our English lesson. It stayed with me my whole life. Born free with the right to be free. It shaped my perception of life.

Night...I love pashminas on other people but I can never seem to wear one right. .
Where does one wear a Pashmina? Are you sure you have it in the right place. I refuse to google it. The anticipation is worth it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I forgot about it too until WIS just mentioned it, cuz the lion is Else! And I just recently came across the book and couldn't believe I still had from when I saw the movie as a kid.

Umm...thank you, but so not true. I could be cast for The Walking Dead show these days.
Every time you colour your hair I get mad at myself for having the hair kits and never doing it. Right now I just don't care how I look...and it shows, lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

[/quote. I recall watching Born Free in a Danish auditorium as part of our English lesson. It stayed with me my whole life. Born free with the right to be free. It shaped my perception of life.

I don't know if I got the quote in right, but wow...what you said about Born Free impacting your whole life...me too!!
I feel exactly the same about it...it affected me.

A pashmina is a large scarf/wrap/shawl depending on how you wrap/drape it basically.
Actually Pasmina is a brand name I believe, for cashmere wraps that celebrities wear.

The name is now used to describe any wrap like that pretty much the way people call other items by one brand name (like Kleenex, meaning tissues). See the useless stuff I research when I'm bored, lol?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes! I hate wearing bulky coats, so I wear it more as a scarf under or over a long light coat or a long sweater coat.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well your mishap inspired me I am going to hunt down Born Free tomorrow. I have the book somewhere. Not an original. It inspired among other things my awareness of nature conservation. Joy Adamson was an amazing person.
edit on 10-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: word

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't know how you would find it to watch it but I would hope it's available somewhere. I cried for weeks after seeing it...can't imagine what it would do to me now.

Let me know if you manage to find it..?

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join