It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I've liked all the Predator, Alien and Alien VS Predator movies

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Me too!!! Oh, there's a Predator and THE Predator. I'll have to watch your trailer later.

Love those kind of movies! Edge of your seat kind of movie and aliens always draw me in.

edit on 9-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Hey Night and everybody!

Great tunes...a lovely piece of writing from zazz...just got caught up and am happy to see everyone today.
Also trying to be more positive here.

I had company for a bit and am now trying to force myself to go out in the snow to get a few groceries.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
If not, we can do pixie shots later and I will bring snacks.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Geez, I hope I don't miss the pixie shots later. Grocery day for me too, but errands as well. I'm usually gone for quite some time.

Sending you a PM in a moment. I have to run after that.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Have a nice day out

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Thank you Hun! Hope to see you later tonight. Have to run now.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing fine.

That Marconi Union music video did the trick. I let the 10-hour version run all night and woke up when it only had an hour left to run. That was such a good feeling.

Was at my doc's this morning for my Mon-Fri IV drip ritual. While I was lying around the sister called through to the hospital where Dada is and had a chat with the head of the Unit so she knows my circs and why I can't just jump in the car and drive over there to visit. So we've set up lines of communication.

Meanwhile they are working on asessing her to provide the best possible balance between necessary medication while still giving her a chance to live as an individual and not just be a doped-out zombi.

IOW, it's going to take time. They need to get her calmed down enough that they can communicate with her (she's been pretty manic much of the time lately), then slowly adjust her doses down on some meds and maybe up on others to provide that ideal balance.

I've called her son, so he knows where she is and how to get in contact with the dept head and her consulting dr as well. He's well versed in dealing with medical people as he's worked in a hospital environment for decades, so he can follow up on most things easier and quicker than I can. And as he's recovering well from his own spinal surgery he can even drive now.

So, that's it, in a nutshell. Oh btw, I'm doing okay. I'll get by.

Oh, that castle... Much as I love the charm of the place, I think about the practical. Like heating a place that has no insulation and has stone walls six feet thick. The walls of our home are a bit under three feet thick, and that's hard enough to get the place warmed up.

However, there is an easy solution. Just have a couple of resident dragons and they can help to keep the place nice and warm.

edit on 9/11/18 by JustMike because: I fixed some typos.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Dragons you say? I know three. All female and very warm. Enough to heat several feet thick walls too from the ground up. They rarely eat Damsels in distress...

ETA Why do people lie to me? Do they think I am the boss here or something? I wanted to take a shower and put the light on to reserve my place. All of a sudden 2 guys use it before me. One of the guys had already showered today but decided to take another one before he went "out". I asked him why, he denied that he had showered 8 hours previously. I just don't get some people. That might be a good thing. Meanwhile, I smell like an unwashed dragon... Sorry bout dat.
edit on 9/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Had to step out for a couple of hours...

Yeah I choose the username Operation Mindcrime because I"m a huge fan of queensryche and that particular album is a rock opera, its story follows Nikki, a recovering drug addict who becomes disillusioned with the corrupt society of his time and reluctantly becomes involved with a revolutionary group as an assassin of political leaders.

It seemed to fit right in with ATS at the time so I picked that name...

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

It"s good to hear you are doing well Mike!!

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 09 Nov 2018 14:44:03 -0600pm3044201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh wow! It's so nice to be here on the laptop where I can see everybody's avatar (and who is online)!
Now I need to see if I can remember how to post pics and videos.

Mike...I'm glad the Weightless song helped you sleep. I was searching one day for "music to help anxiety" and that video popped up saying that it helped to relieve anxiety by up to 65% (I believe). I was a little skeptical but it did seem to help so I played the extended version through the night (like you did).

It looks like everybody is gone for now, but "hello" to anyone who is here.
It's getting really dark out and supposed to be cold/windy/snowy all weekend so I will be hanging around the Shed somewhere. Might go look for some music to share.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Music you say... Do you like classical electronic?

Deadmau5 is quite the thing, imho.

He blurs boundaries, as well as the sound.

ETA He's Canadian. I'm sure you've heard him or heard of him. Aboot...
edit on 9/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll be "in & out" - I'm just back from the boys Rugby training and am having a beer or 3, maybe watch a movie once they are tucked up in bed.

Did anyone notice that the SPIRAL STAIRCASE in OUR Castle runs up INSIDE THE WALLS!!!!

cooool! (And cold!! LOL)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Even worse my friend. I read that the spiral staircase was designed so that a right-handed swordsman could effectively defend himself with his sword while running up the spiral staircase. Unfortunately I am left-handed but maybe I could be a Page. Or at least carry things up the staircase while not defending myself against invaders.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hey Light! I have heard of him...he dated Kat Von D (the tattoo artist), lol. His music is pretty good but not my favourite genre...I'm still a rock chick at heart.
Oh, and only east coasters say "Aboot". Just had to clarify that eh?

Hi Gordi! The staircase doesn't run up into walls...they are hidden doorways!! Some Shed folk like their privacy.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Even worse my friend. I read that the spiral staircase was designed so that a right-handed swordsman could effectively defend himself with his sword while running up the spiral staircase. Unfortunately I am left-handed but maybe I could be a Page. Or at least carry things up the staircase while not defending myself against invaders.

We'd keep you in reserve to re-take said Castle in the event of invasion!
Left handers would negate the clockwise staircase advantage!

@jacy - They do???
Try this in Liverpool accent...

"Dey Doo Doh, Don't Dey Doh, Dey Doo!"

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Aye, Dey Doo Indeed.

I can still do a Scouse accent but Canadians can't understand what I'm saying.
Funniest thing I ever heard a Liverpudlian say was "cook book".
I wouldn't even know how to try to spell that, the way they say it.

I was just listening to the video that Light posted...the DeadMau5 one...it's actually pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hi...I"m never gone, just some place else...lol

It"s going to be a stormy weekend here...I can"t wait!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Hi...I"m never gone, just some place else...lol

lol...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Stupid double post. On my screen it doesn't tell me if has posted, so of course I hit post again.
I guess that makes room for a

How's the Shed population?
edit on 9-11-2018 by WalkInSilence because: double post

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join