It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Night Star

I've turned on the A/C full blast once only to have a spider fly out of the little vent thingy right into my face. Praise the Lord I did not crash!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Not super encouraging there, Night lol

Ummm...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

OK, The truth is that you are a great writer and I suck. Better? LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You're a good writer, hun. Jeepers.

Let us continue from where we left off...

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

"Why, of course," Lone said. He walked to the shelf and felt through the tomes Night had given him. He found one of special virtue and picked it off the shelf, opening it up to calmly glance over. "These books are precious to me. This one, of the unseen words of treespeak, most especially. With but a soft, gentle hum, one may enchant a tree and thus also be enchanted back from one. Speaking to the trees and flowers enlivens this forest, keeps it healthy and strong, thus protective of us all." He opened his eyes and saw that Night was falling asleep, head low. She had indeed been weighted by worries as of late. Here, with her old friend, she felt comforted. Her comfort allowed her great rest. Lone smiled and whispered a blessing upon her, placed the book back upon the shelf, and sat back down in his chair. Her head lay to his shoulder, soon deep asleep. Lone closed his eyes and listened to the crackling flame, fiery yet gentle, on and on, until he lost himself in dream.

I shall continue from here. Give me a minute, please.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Lone awakens from a sudden stirring sound. He looks to Night, who is still deep asleep. There comes the sound of crackling over the roof, like a great roaring fire. He glances at the fireplace, but the fire is teetering and nearly out. A rustling comes down the roof. The twilight fades to black, but for specks of faint orange sunset. He realizes the twilight had not gone out, but was being blocked by a large form, which had clawed its way down the roof and plopped itself outside. There it sits, silent as the night.

"Um, Night?" Lone says to his elvin guest. "We're not alone."

edit on 6-11-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Night slowly opens her eyes, stretches and yawns widely. "Huh?" she asks still half asleep. She scans the room and doesn't see anyone or anything. Suddenly a large dragon face appears in the window, tilts his massive purple head and blinks.

"Nova!" Night grabs her cloak from the wooden oak stand and runs outside to greet her long lost friend.
The Elf calls to Lone. "it's just an old friend coming for a visit." The wind whipped her cloak and hair about, but it was a cool and soothing wind.

edit on 6-11-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Lone stands and clears his throat, attempting to maintain a cool, respectable composure while confronting such a wild beast who could surely breeze a sudden burst of flame that would consume them in a second. It could also rip his house apart like it was clay. Such beasts were alarming enough to see in the distance, but up close was an entirely different matter. Lone had read of many firsthand dragon encounters, historic events and fairy tales involving these creatures, and had always been fascinated by the idea of meeting one. The idea, that is, and not the reality. Ideas in words were far more interesting, it seemed to Lone, than the uncertainties of reality--where anything might happen.

He walks to Night's side, looking upon the ghastly form outside his door. Its scales reflect purple in the firelight. "Is he tame?" Lone asks. Instantly he hates his words, as it might offend the dragon, if he understands human tongue. Offending such a magnificent beast is the last thing Lone wants.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Night tosses back her head of long, golden blond hair and laughs. Her laughter was as beautiful as the sound of tinkling chimes in the Autumn wind. She and Lone had known each other since childhood and tried to remain in touch as much as their busy lives allowed. They were 30 years old now in Elvin years.

Night replied to Lone. "He is quite tame, though a bit...quirky. You'll get used to him and love him as much as I do." She pet the beast's nose and spoke softly in her native tongue.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Quirky, huh? thinks Lone. I'll just stay over here, behind Night.

Lone doesn't lift his head much. He prefers to merely glance at the dragon's feet. Those large, scaly feet, with large black nails like warriors' broad shields, are intimidating enough. It is much like how one doesn't like looking down when way up high in a guard tower. It makes it seem more manageable somehow to just focus on the nearest portion of the tower--the stones under your feet. The reality of this dragon's size was just too overwhelming for Lone to comprehend at present. A moose was large. A whale was giant. This dragon was utterly enormous. Not so large that one couldn't sit upon its back in flight, but staggering when viewed from ground level. Legs rose up from its claws, bending backward into powerful, muscular upper legs. Its body was broad like a giant shark, long like a sea serpent. Its neck towered over them, moving down gracefully as it tilted its head in a contemplative fashion before Night.

"Ah, what does he want?" Lone asks. "Can he speak?"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I guess that's enough for tonight then. I'll have to get to bed soon.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yes, I have to get up early tomorrow. It was such a pleasure writing with you again, like old times. Thank you so much for starting our little story and for being you my sweet friend!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Adorable kitties

Good night, Night!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Goodnight have beautiful dreams Lone!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good Day Beautiful People Of The Shedlands!

Going out to the movies later on this rainy Autumn day. Hope everyone is well.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A beautiful rainy day here. Soothing. Hope everyone is doing well.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Rain? Are you in BC? All we are getting is snow here in Sask

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What about the less beautiful among us? Just sayin'...

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join