It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens at the Pentagon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Tanga36

ETA

I am too skeptical of any 'claims' on anything. There is too much intentional deception going on for unsubstantiated claims to be accepted as truth.

This is a bit of a subjective statement. What if perhaps you have not been exposed to substantiated claims? Let's say there is a claim and you are not exposed to the evidence. Does that mean the claim is false? On one hand it would be false TO YOU as you have not been exposed to the evidence. On the other hand evidence could exist that others have been exposed to and in fact supports the claim making it true. Regardless, if you are aware or not.

My point is there are plenty of claims which have been made where access to the evidence is impossible and I don't think one can logically discount something simply because they have not been exposed to the evidence.

FWIW I never believed Richard Doty was who he said he was.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

After Richard Doty came out with his story and the role he played in the demise of Paul Bennewitz, it's made me question everything and everyone that has ties to the government, in any way.

Is it possible Nick is telling the truth? Yes.
Is it possible he is speculating or exaggerating instead of basing everything on facts? Absolutely.
Is it possible that Nick is a DisInfo plant? Of course.

There are many other possibilities but I think you get the idea. When someone comes from the government, how can we trust them? In fact, how can we really trust anyone?

I do like Nick Pope. I find him to be someone that I'd have a drink with. However, being a likable person doesn't make you credible. I want to believe Nick. I want to believe so many people.

At this time, it's safer to not take anyone at their word. The idea of being driven to madness, like Bennewitz was, does not sound too appealing.

I agree with your post 100% and I need to touch one at this point.

ETA

I am too skeptical of any 'claims' on anything. There is too much intentional deception going on for unsubstantiated claims to be accepted as truth.

I want to believe, I DO believe. In fact, I'll go even further and say that I KNOW they exist and are here. The problem I have is that even if they (government) were to fess up and parade one (ET/EBE) in front of the cameras, I don't know if I would accept it or not. The disinformation campaign has really messed with my head and makes me skeptical to anything they say.

I don't want to come off as some crack pot (I know, I know this is ATS) but do I know they are here. I know what I've seen, what I've experienced, what I've encountered but even with that, the DisInfo has me questioning my sanity at times.

I will say this, if it is going to take you touching one to know they are real, I hope you never come to that realization. It's a pretty messed up place to be.

Either I am totally insane or they are real. Where can I go from there? Either way is a dead end.

ETA I wish I could provide you with the evidence. I cannot. I can only give you what I know. I don't expect you to believe me or for what I wrote to be the evidence to sway your thinking. Question everything. It took me over an hour before I posted because until now only my gf knows some of what I've been through.

Healthy skepticism is necessary to get by in life, but too much skepticism can put one into denial of reality.

As someone said, it is easier to fool a man than it is to explain to him how he has been fooled.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

As someone said, it is easier to fool a man than it is to explain to him how he has been fooled.

On ATS people who attempt to demonstrate how people have been deceived get
tremendous flack.

Sacred cows and all that you know.

It's even harder in society.... if you speak your mind in society, there's a large
contingent of crazies who think they are making the world a better place
by threatening your life or killing you.

It's no wonder that deception is so rampant and easy to put into place.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

On ATS people who attempt to demonstrate how people have been deceived get
tremendous flack.

Gaseous swamp balloon-birds from Venus?

Seriously though, you do have a point - which is odd considering deception has been the name of the game in Ufology for decades - the fun bit is identifying it and working around it to seek vestiges of truth. Or at least that's the stage I'm at.

When discussing personal subjective experiences, obviously an extra degree of tact and diplomacy is required, compared to somebody presenting purely objective case studies like Rendlesham, Roswell, Colares etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Thats cool. I got to check it out. I am disappointed there has been such a lack of interest. Nobody likes aliens anymore??

Many people believe what the government has told them--there are no aliens.

Others understand the deceptive nature of the government, and understand aliens are real, and have been here for longer than humankind has.

Yet belief doesn't make something true so show me 1 single piece of irrefutable proof that aliens are real.
edit on 11-10-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Welllll.....
the problem here, is that people have turned things like Roswell, etc.
into part of their personal religions.. to promote their extreme biases..

so no mater how much tact you use, you are going to effectively be telling
them that you don't believe in baby Jesus, to use a metaphor.

It's rough to find the balance between healthy confrontation and needless
unpleasantry.

Did I say that like a good (supposedly very polite) Brit?

!
edit on 11-10-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Did I say that like a good (supposedly very polite) Brit?

Ha! Not bad, not bad.

I have noticed that the political threads show a distinct difference in ahem PASSION between American and Brit posters.

As for me, despite being born and bred in Britain, I have 100% Spanish blood that often demands its innate fiery passion to be expressed, but I try to curb it when I can!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You have not made physical first contact with anything not from earth to this current date.
edit on 12-10-2018 by JohanikaDeVries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Thats cool. I got to check it out. I am disappointed there has been such a lack of interest. Nobody likes aliens anymore??

Many people believe what the government has told them--there are no aliens.

Others understand the deceptive nature of the government, and understand aliens are real, and have been here for longer than humankind has.

Yet belief doesn't make something true so show me 1 single piece of irrefutable proof that aliens are real.

If the story of Project Blue Book, from start to finish, does not convince you, nothing will. Certainly not a post from me.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. You can lead a man to knowledge, but you cannot make him think.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

www.cia.gov...

if you read that, you will see project Blue Book and similar projects
really had little or nothing to do with actual UFOs.

Now I'm not saying whether UFOs actually exist or not.. that has nothing
to do with Blue Book.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bertanimus

Valiant Thor predates Phil Schneider. There are photos of him and other info. My mother in law worked for the Pentagon during that time and confirmed that his visit happened and that he was not alone. She wouldn't say more though.. her phone lines were always tapped. Anytime she called you would hear a double click sound during the call and then an echo.. she would cuss them out because she knew they were listening.. it was rather funny honestly to hear her go at them when she knew they were listening in.. but the situation of her being monitored her whole life.. was not so funny.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
AATIP consisted of $22 million over five years. For the Pentagon that is trivial. This is hardly a "bombshell."

The actual bombshell to those who trust government too much is that this shows they have been lying. Of course a lot of people have always known that.

22 million is still a lot of pocket change. I know I could do a lot of big things with that kind of coin. Obviously there are a lot of other corporate interests where bigger money is spent on just these kinds of things.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The actual bombshell to those who trust government too much is that this shows they have been lying.

Indeed.

Even if it had been 22 cents rather than $22m, this bombshell still applies.

A bit of an extreme analogy, but you know what I mean.

edit on 12-10-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

He certainly wasn't honest about stuff fully...

Pointed people in the wrong directions.

And hyped up absolutely nothing for an entire book.

Why anyone would trust him i don't know.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

So you want to kick some alien butt, eh?

Is that Will Smith?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This , plus Rendlesham, Skinwalker and others recently, makes for almost a full time hobby.
Good ol'e ATS is coming back a bit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join