It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook wants people to invite its cameras into their homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
We got two "free" Google home devices from Amazon.

Amazon doesn't sell any variation of the Google Home and never has, since it's a direct competitor to their own Alexa platform.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I know quite a few people that use Vivint. I think it is way too crazy invasive, even though it did help resolve a criminal complaint for one of my patients.

Count me out of video home monitoring. I don't have anything that is more important to me than my freedoms, rights and privacy.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: rollanotherone
We got two "free" Google home devices from Amazon.

Amazon doesn't sell any variation of the Google Home and never has, since it's a direct competitor to their own Alexa platform.

Yeah. We didn't buy it. They came free with other purchases. Mainly, the nest thermostat and a sprinkler timer.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

But it's unclear if people will open their homes to an internet-connected camera sold by a company with a questionable track record on protecting user privacy.
Snip from the Op Source

I hear of people getting into having similar internet hooked devices, unrelated to Facebook. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add FB with it, such as an added benefit.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The problem with refusing to have these cams in your home will be made Mandatory to have these cams in your home most probably and if you refuse, you get fined, just like refusing to pay a TV License.

1984 is almost complete.

I'm outta here

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah, more government voyeurism.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There will not be any IOT devices in my home.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Funny that a platform called life log created by the CIA was closed down the very same day that Facebook launched back in 2004.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join