It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida boy accused of assault with rubber band

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is blatently clear that this Kid is being made an example of. From the information presented in this article, it could not be made any clearer.

IF the kid "shot" the rubber band, as a lot of you are assuming he did, something to take into consideration...most kids are really really accurate with their aim of those "deadly rubbers"...so what's wrong with this story?...

The punishment does not "fit the crime"...if you wish to look at it as a "crime" in the first place. I agree, it appears, students may not show respect to their teachers...then again...most of the teachers i have had to deal with in the school system my child is FORCED to be a part of, one way or another, do not deserve the respect they demand is their due.

To gain respect, you must show respect...and most teachers are just there doing a job...and the "little buggers" in their class room are just that, their job...kids are not stupid, and they can pick up on this behaviour from adult.

Such actions as this school district has taken will do nothing more than to escalate trouble...not prevent it...and that is the way with FEAR conditioning.

If i was this kid's parent, i would definitely be seeking legal action against the school district as well as the teacher that made the initial complaint.

~oracle

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The system in Florida is out of control - period. The teachers have the right in my area to send a kid to the Office for muttering under his breath. Basically, if they don't want to deal with it, send the kid out. It takes very little from there to escalate into an incident where the school cop is called to remove the kid from the premises. At this point the parents are the ones being punished. Off to juvenile detention facility where the parent cannot communicate with either their child or the people there till their kid gets processed (ususally around 3AM) for pickup. By the time the parent shows up their kid has some unexplained bruising. I know a kid this happened to at 12 years old. He was not a bad kid. He was a normal kid and only one teacher had a problem with him, she turned it into an unecessary nightmare for the family.

Having come from NY I cannot believe the disinterest and lack of ability of some of the teachers down here. They wouldn't last a day in the classroom in some states. Those that don't care, can't handle normal kid behavior and just don't want to deal with it should move on.

A rubberband incident that couldn't be dealt with inside the classroom - sorry - pathetic.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
An opinion of School

Go to school!
you are a fool!
Cease to live the day!
The system's bugged,
Your peer's are drugged,
And little time to play!
I'll wait for you....
Yes,wait...
On the sunnier side of neverland...
And when you emerge transformed,
Don't say that you weren't warned,
By your imaginary friend who likes to play......
- Kushi

I'm writing that for 7th grade english class. I thought that might poetically fit your descriptions of school.

- I've shot Rubber bands in school. The worst thing that's happened to me is detention

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
awesome poem...does touch on how i'm sure a lot of kids feel about school...

as for only getting detention for a rubber band incident...my bet is you don't live in Florida...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sheesh..............No one has posted here for a long time...... anyone like my poem? It's due on thursday at school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join