It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida boy accused of assault with rubber band

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
"A 13-year-old student in Orange County, Fla., was suspended for 10 days and could be banned from school over an alleged assault with a rubber band, according to a WKMG Local 6 News report.

Robert Gomez, a seventh-grader at Liberty Middle School, said he picked up a rubber band at school and slipped it on his wrist.

Gomez said when his science teacher demanded the rubber band, the student said he tossed it on her desk.

After the incident, Gomez received a 10-day suspension for threatening his teacher with what administrators say was a weapon, Local 6 News reported.

"They said if he would have aimed it a little more and he would have gotten it closer to her face he would have hit her in the eye," mother Jenette Rojas said.

Rojas said she was shocked to learn that her son was being punished for a Level 4 offense -- the highest Level at the school. Other violations that also receive level 4 punishment include arson, assault and battery, bomb threats and explosives, according to the Code of Student Conduct.

The district said a Level 4 offense includes the use of any object or instrument used to make a threat or inflict harm, including a rubber band.

Rojas plans to fight the ruling but her son still faces expulsion."

www.floridatoday.com.../20050223/BREAKINGNEWS/50223002

Someone please tell me how such "insanity" continues to happen. Are all teacher and administrators just "intellectually challenged". It was a rubberband!

Is this a political conspiracy to make teachers "gods" in the classroom? It must be a conspiracy because it keep happening all over the country.

What happened to "tolerance" these people keep spewing?

[edit on 24-2-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I say we take up a collection, and get him this:

www.backyardartillery.com...
Only $400, from Backyard Artillery

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This kid may be a delinquent and had a lot of other issues before this happend. There are kids in our schools that the teachers are affraid of but they get a special needs lable and they can't touch them.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Actually I heard that the New Zealand military is going to equip its shock troops with specially developed rubber bands. I mean gee those things sting.

School teachers have a reputation for this kind of behaviour. A frend of mine had to shovel sand for week because he threw an icecream stick out of the class room window.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Someone please tell me how such "insanity" continues to happen. Are all teacher and administrators just "intellectually challenged". It was a rubberband!

Is this a political conspiracy to make teachers "gods" in the classroom? It must be a conspiracy because it keep happening all over the country.

What happened to "tolerance" these people keep spewing?

No kidding, I would have much rather had a hot teacher sleep with me...
(seems to be happening a lot these days)....

Seriously though, this is absolutely ridiculous.....even for my home state...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would like to here what the students previous record was. This could of just been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. If this child had a history of school violence, then this was warrented. However, if this was a first offence, the school went way overboard. WHat happened to the paddle? I know I had a few good whacks when I was going to school. If they brought the paddle back, they might find the children a little more agreeable.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I would like to here what the students previous record was. This could of just been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. If this child had a history of school violence, then this was warrented. However, if this was a first offence, the school went way overboard. WHat happened to the paddle? I know I had a few good whacks when I was going to school. If they brought the paddle back, they might find the children a little more agreeable.

Maybe it was "bad" sex with the teacher.

Maybe he wanted the 'swats"

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Dare I say "Only in America"

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

That is just baaaaaad

Although we make light of that subject, it seems to be becoming a more prevalant appearance in our society. And for those people who have only heard about the female teachers seducing the males, I would be willing to venture out and say there are a number of male teacher to female students that have 'relations' and no one is finding out about it. Im a guy, and I will be the first to tell you that we are pigs
WE try not to be, but I think all men have part pig in them that at times we cannot control

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

That is just baaaaaad

Although we make light of that subject, it seems to be becoming a more prevalant appearance in our society. And for those people who have only heard about the female teachers seducing the males, I would be willing to venture out and say there are a number of male teacher to female students that have 'relations' and no one is finding out about it. Im a guy, and I will be the first to tell you that we are pigs
WE try not to be, but I think all men have part pig in them that at times we cannot control

Look, don't be fooled, women are just a big "pigs" as men. Fact. many, many, years of personal experience. [puts on fully lined asbestos suite]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
HEY! Those rubber bands hurt! Not as much as that freak'n
dodge ball did ... but rubber bands hurt! (God .. I hated school)

Seriously ... we don't know the full story on the other behavior
problems that may be going on ... but the punishment doesn't
seem to fit the 'crime'. Not at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First up, the kid shot the rubberband. Anything else is a lie.

I think what the school is trying to do is show that students need to show teaches respect. Im certain they dont actually think the teacher was in any danger. But if a harsh punishement wasnt handed down it could do more damage than any rubber band can.

Imagine a bunch of 7 year olds thinking it isnt that bad to shoot rubber bands at teachers. What comes after that? What kind of lesson will a 7 year old learn if they see thier buddies not getting into trouble for shooting stuff at teachers?

I am 100% behind the school on this one.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is a direct quote from the news article:

..........he tossed it on her desk.

The boy did not shot the rubber band at the teacher. The boy laid the rubber band on the teachers desk.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
he tossed it on her desk...... OMG HE ASSULTED HER lol per desk that must've hurt it.......I dont get this story let buy the rubber band-minigun and lets the kid an hour of free shot for such idiotcy question is why did the school board let this pass I mean wtf.......

of ya Gazrok on that sleeping with a hot teacher closet I got was kissing mine in kidnergarden only only the cheek but still she was hot lol

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Lamagraa]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Lord has mercy. Our nation is turning into a place of rules and laws. I all these new "rules" and "regulations" topped with "rules of conduct" have started to sprout since 9/11.

I feel that our nation's rulers have force standards on us the citizens and we have been punished for something that we had not control over.

More and more state and local governments are extending the rights given to them when our nation "change" after 9/11.

For some reason I think that sooner or later this will result on abuse.

But like the Dr. said perhaps is more to it that has not been told to Us.

Also just a few days ago a policeman just here down the street shot in the face a 17-year-old boy inside his truck by the side of the road, the police officer was a captain, not a rooky.

Big mistake, the boy was not anybody he was the grand nephew of the Sherif and something else the police officer had a Sargent with him in the car and the video that they carry in the police car was turned off prior to the shooting.

We are still waiting to see what is going on, now. The boys around including my son are scared about this incident.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
[edit on 24-2-2005 by Lking4]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lking4
"How Jeffrey Reodica was shot: An eyewitness account
(An exclusive interview with a boy who was at the scene when Jeffrey Reodica was shot by a police officer on May 21, 2004 in Scarboro.)

By Marlou S. Tiro

The Philippine Reporter
June 1-15

As the real story behind Jeffrey Reodica's mysterious death slowly unfolds, many questions have been left unanswered. Willie Reodica, Jeffrey's father already appealed to all potential witnesses to come forward and help them. Since the incident happened on Friday, May 21, up to the time of his death on Monday night, several versions have come out in the open, some of them conflicting.

All of Jeffrey's friends have been advised not to talk to anybody about the incident so it was difficult for us, in the media to talk to them too. While following up the story, I was shown Jeffrey's school. Then, by chance, I met the boy who was right there when the incident happened. He said he was scared to talk to anybody especially the authorities. With assurance for his safety, we were able to convince him to ride with us inside the car so we can ask him more questions. I realized that people with us in te car were tense. So was the boy. I became nervous too especially a young lady who was always checking if someone was following us. While inside the car, we were always on the look out of any mysterious van.

This boy, who refused to be identified, was with Jeffrey at the time of the shooting. He saw vividly how Jeffrey was shot and narrated how it really happened.

This was his account:

It all started with a scuffle inside a basketball court on that Thursday, May 20. White teen-agers approached and tried to bully two members of our group.They got our ball and did not want to return it to us. When one of our members tried to get it back, one White boy hit him in the face and pushed him.

Another white boy also physically assaulted the second Filipino boy. More so, they were told to "go back to the Philippines and eat rice". In the hope not to make things worse, we just let it pass. However, deep inside, the two boys did not want to just let it pass.

The following day, Friday, we thought of retaliating. As my friends and I were walking along towards a residential area, the same group of white boys were heading towards us with baseball bats. They thought it was just the three of us. However, some of my friends joined us so the group ran away. We chased them arming ourselves with only rocks in our hands. We ran around the neighborhood until Jeffrey who was standing across the street saw us. He asked us "what's up?". We told him that we want to hit back on these kids who humiliated us on Thursday. Jeffrey, upon knowing who the members of the other group were, told us that he would also help. He said that these were the same group who physically hurt his cousin. Honestly, we felt the need to retaliate because of what happened that Thursday.

Since there were eight of us now, we split our group. We searched the neighborhood but we could not find anyone. Finally, one of my friends spotted them riding a white van. The van passed a corner where they picked up two boys who were hiding. A lady came out of the van and told the two boys to get in. We were 10 feet away from the van. We went towards the van but suddenly a black car pulled over behind it. Two big men came out. We thought they were relatives of the gang. Then they went back inside their car and drove towards us. One cop (as we came to know later), told us to kneel down and drop the rocks we were holding in our hands. We were confused. We thought these were just guys who wanted to hurt us. They never told us they were cops. The other cop who was driving the car came out from the car, pulled his gun and went towards Jeffrey. He told Jeffrey to drop his rock and kneel down. He pushed Jeffrey down while pointing a gun at him. Jeffrey bent halfway, covered his head with his both arms with his body in a curl position. While the cop driver pointed the gun on Jeffrey, he was also slapping Jeffrey with his left hand. Since he continued on slapping, Jeffrey swirled around trying to prevent the cop's hand on hitting him. I know Jeffrey did that because he did not know they were cops. They never identified themselves as cops. We thought they were relatives of the other gang who wanted to hurt us. While doing so, the driver cop shot Jeffrey. I was shocked and so was the other cop who was unable to move. My eyes simply blinked when I heard the first shot. It happened so fast. I saw him shooting Jeffrey then Jeffrey swirled towards the right, the cop again shot him and I heard again another shot. I was standing close to Jeffrey with the other cop next to me. I saw clearly what happened. I was unable to move. Contrary to other reports, I did not see Jeffrey swinging a knife towards the cop. Nor did we all resist when they told us to gather together.

The next thing I knew, I saw Jeffrey splattered with blood all over, his face down. One of the cops administered CPR. Then the cops called paramedics -- after 10 minutes. Later, they brought us all to the police station for questioning. They asked us a lot of questions. They asked us in a very rapid manner. All of us were scared because of what we witnessed. We did not know what to do. Our parents were not around."

www.injusticebusters.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
[edit on 24-2-2005 by Lking4]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

This is a direct quote from the news article:

..........he tossed it on her desk.

The boy did not shot the rubber band at the teacher. The boy laid the rubber band on the teachers desk.

I read the article, and that was something that was said by the mom. Its a lie, of course she is going to say that, she doesn’t want her son to be in trouble. The kid is saying "tossed", the mom repeats it as fact. Between a professional teacher and a 13 year old kid who is in trouble, Ill side with the teacher every time.

That’s what’s wrong with society today? You aren’t allowed to punish anybody and you are virtually required by law to believe 100% of what your kids tell you. 13 year olds lie, fact. Especially when their butt is on the line.

What does a teacher gain by starting all this national fuss, if the kid walked over and tossed a rubber band on the desk? Clearly it wasn’t as benign than that.

The kid is lying, he shot it at the teacher and he is busted.

Edited kids age

[edit on 24-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

That’s what’s wrong with society today? You aren’t allowed to punish anybody and you are virtually required by law to believe 100% of what your kids tell you. 7 year olds lie, fact. Especially when their butt is on the line.

The boy was 13. The article clearly states this. There is even a pic of the boy. Oldest 7 year old I have ever saw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join