It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Erich Von Daniken's death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I couldn't believe it when I saw Von Daniken would be signing autographs at an upcoming convention.

I remember his death so vividly with headlines in the news that he died. I even remember reading ATS threads about his death.

Does anyone else remember this? This is so strange because it's such a vivid memory.
edit on 8-10-2018 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 8-10-2018 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I don't remember him dying, but I did listen to him being interviewed on Podcast UFO at the beginning of 2018:

Erich Von Daniken on Podcast UFO hosted by Martin Willis
edit on 1082018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Amazingly you beat member Pearj in a new Mandela thread

I think some people wish or hope he is dead. LOL

www.jasoncolavito.com... and-ufo-evidence

But what was particularly disturbing is that von Däniken turned to Nazi-era propaganda to blame the media for suppressing the “truth” about aliens and ancient astronauts, invoking the infamous Nazi slander of the Lügenpresse—the “lying press”—in an attempt to discredit the media: “What I blame is the media: We don’t have a ‘lying press’; what we have is a ‘concealment-by-silence’ press.” Remember, Erich von Däniken is an executive producer of Ancient Aliens, broadcast around the world to an audience of tens of millions, and he made this claim in a newspaper. Even the newspaper reporter, Michael Pommer, recognized that this claim is ridiculous and challenged von Däniken in an extraordinary exchange:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This is so strange because it's such a vivid memory.

Memories are funny that way.

Nope, Erich never died. Not even once.

edit on 10/8/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You may be remembering Phillip Coppens. He is still on new shows from stock footage I guess.

One thing I’m positive of is, our universe did not suddenly change timelines to bring back Eric Von Daniken to mess with people’s memory.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I don't recall hearing or reading of his death, but he is no spring chicken (hell he's a fossil) so some folk may have assumed he passed due to his age.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I couldn't believe it when I saw Von Daniken would be signing autographs at an upcoming convention.

I remember his death so vividly with headlines in the news that he died. I even remember reading ATS threads about his death.

Does anyone else remember this? This is so strange because it's such a vivid memory.

Oddly enough, I remember hearing about him dying as well. Vividly. I believe there was even a special ancient aliens dedicated to him.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BTPowers

When did this event occur, you reckon? That stupid show hasn't been around all that long.
edit on 10/8/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I also don’t recall him ever being dead yet. Pretty sure we still does the UFO circuit.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A couple of months, maybe up to six?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BTPowers

originally posted by: neoholographic

Oddly enough, I remember hearing about him dying as well. Vividly. I believe there was even a special ancient aliens dedicated to him.

Exactly!

It was so odd seeing him.

Like I said, I vividly remember headlines like "Chariots of the Gods author died today."

I remember reading threads about his death in the Alien forum.

SO STRANGE!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BTPowers

When did this event occur, you reckon? That stupid show hasn't been around all that long.

i don't know about that 13 seasons seems a long time to me. in fact it seems that it started in 2009, (which means there must have been multiple seasons in at least one year), which makes it just under 10 years old.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No, you just have a bad memory or are a bit mental. The Mandela effect is garbage made from people who can't remember clearly. The mind is not a perfect system and when it makes mistakes it does not mean it's woo woo alternative timelines.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I do not believe for one minute that the Mandela Effect is a thing, not one bit.

I do remember, 100% that that Daniken died though. I was just thinking about him only last night when I saw an old video of him.

Weird too, I remember Ernest Borgnine dying too, so did my older brother, we both used to watch the (supposedly) last T.V. series he was in and they had to replace him, then it got canceled. (We both remembered the same story too)

I promise, I am not a believer and I think it is stupid, but, in my life there have been a lot of things like this that happen with no explanation. I'm not saying it's weird, it's just that I have no clue why I would dream these things up.

It's not like I believe that I am special or that I am supposed to be the king of the world.

As far as I remember that Daniken died about 1-2 years ago.

I DO NOT BELIEVE in the Mandela Effect!!!

edit on 8-10-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You could be thinking of Zecharia Sitchin.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think you have confused the word "legacy" with meaning the person has to be dead.

The ATS thread.
The AA episode.

Having a legacy does not mean the person is dead. Never has.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Pretty sure we still does the UFO circuit.

Are you part of the Borg Collective?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now you are having a Mandela Experience!

AA started in 2010 and has 12 (or 13?) "seasons" out there. 8 years.

Stargate Universe did not even last two seasons!

PS - @neo, I do not remember EvD dying. Strange!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

his career has been dead for a long time. No one takes him seriously any more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join