It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Michael May Hit Pan Handle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The water is up 13 inches here in Biloxi, CederLake rd( 100yrds north of I10 closed because of high water. I hope everyone is safe. This storm could get bad.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Up to 120mph as of 4pm CDT and the pressure is down to 957mb.

Most of the pro meteorologists agree that further strengthening is likely, as do the computer models. This could be a cat 4 at landfall.

Those in the warning areas need to be ready and if they have not evacuated from an evacuation do so ASAP.

The storm surge alone could be catastrophic on the east side of the storm on top of the 130mph+ wind that are becoming more likely.
edit on 9-10-2018 by jrod because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2018 by jrod because: Aff

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I'm not promoting any doom here, serious situation. Honestly I feel this is smaller but similar to Katrina. Wasn't Katrina a Cat 2-3 up until the night before?
Be Safe people

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

National Hurricane Center ‏ Verified account @NHC_Atlantic Follow Follow @NHC_Atlantic More #Michael is expected to produce a destructive & life-threatening storm surge along portions of the Florida Panhandle, Big Bend & Nature Coast on Wednesday & Wed night. The worst storm surge is expected to be between Mexico Beach & Keaton Beach with 9-13' of inundation possible.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here is a live stream

edit on 9-10-2018 by Sabrechucker because: edit

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Katrina was a cat 5 before landfall, but weakened to a cat 3 before landfall. The surge levels were on cat 5 levels because of how strong it was prior to landfall.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Live Stream of Panama City Beach

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was just looking at data from the hurricane hunters, tge pressure is down to 952mb. This means Michael is still strengthening.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I saw that, not a good sign. I heard their is something about the shelf approaching shore, make hurricanes worse?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
edit on 9-10-2018 by Sabrechucker because: link

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Not really...if anything it could help weaken the storm with upwelling however Michael will moving fast enough to make this a non issue.

There is already coastal flooding from the storm. We had some minor flooding in Key West and it appears almost all of the west coast of Florida is experience some minor surge...some places worse that others.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SmikeS

What's it looking like there now? The model's show Biloxi outside the Storm Surge. They better update their model's.
Stay Safe

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Biloxi should be on the west side and will not have the strong onshore winds to drive in the surge...they will have offshore winds and may even see receding water levels when the offshores start blowing.
edit on 9-10-2018 by jrod because: D

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I wonder what would cause the poster above SmikeS to have 13 inch rise in water in Biloxi? are their other storms that way?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The are getting an onshore/sideshow flow plus the swells. As the storm approaches they will get a northesterly wind that should stop the surge.

Right now they are experiencing an east wind which is mostly side shore and enough on top of the swells to cause a small surge.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ok good info, so it should retreat

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I might have quick to say that...the offshore winds will help but the high swell/surf could still keep water levels high.

Unlike Irma in the Tampa/ west coast of Florida, Michael has had plenty of time to stir up the gulf and has massive waves as well as very strong winds in all quadrants which will send those swells in all directions...Irma was a lopsided storm when it made landfall around Fort Myers last year.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Almost a Tsunami effect pushing it every which way. I was looking at some news in Texas and they seem a little concerned about flooding.
edit on 9-10-2018 by Sabrechucker because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

... I was looking at some news in Texas and they seem a little concerned about flooding.

A cold front has been pushing through the state causing lots of rain. Helping to keep the storm out to the east.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's good to hear. what's a cold front there 70

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join