It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At the Horizon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
At the wide horizon the land meets the sky,
herein lies the realm I strive to reside;
feet firmly grounded to greet earth’s creatures,
but wildly straining, reaching for the ether.

This physical form we have been granted is something of a marvel. To gauge how it informs, impresses, and shapes our inner being is nigh impossible, but no doubt ALL corporal experience, from the most delightfully pleasurable to the most painfully wrenching make their mark on our soul. I must say that I’ve both soared the heights and faced the abyss of human experience here and that I am fully grateful for it all.

We are meant to enjoy our bodies and interact with the world. Who hasn’t enjoyed the sun warming his/her face, or a refreshing breeze, or let the rain wash away the cares momentarily at one point or another? Is there anything better than petting a kitten/puppy/holding a newborn child? Lending a hand (literally) or the thrill of a genuine hug? Of course, there is even more and deeper and fulfilling human contact available which compliments, but cannot be replaced by, the matching our minds.

And what have I learned from the pain? I have developed a heightened sense of gratitude and compassion. I have learned strength, courage, and endurance. I have learned how to comfort others and the growth and beauty that comes from putting up the good fight.

The mundanity of the daily grind has taught me patience and reminded me to keep a constant vigil else risk the loss of time unnoticed and unmarked.

Though I sometimes balk at, struggle against, try to fight this particular phenom called life, in moments of quiet reflection I have to wonder at its perfection.

Thanks for reading, friends! Any thoughts on the worth of a physical and a spiritual realm? Isn’t it marvelous to consider we live somewhere between the two?

edit on 8-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
At the wide horizon the land meets the sky,
herein lies the realm I strive to reside;
feet firmly grounded to greet earth’s creatures,
but wildly straining, reaching for the ether.

This physical form we have been granted is something of a marvel. To gauge how it informs, impresses, and shapes our inner being is nigh impossible, but no doubt ALL corporal experience, from the most delightfully pleasurable to the most painfully wrenching make their mark on our soul. I must say that I’ve both soared the heights and faced the abyss of human experience here and that I am fully grateful for it all.

We are meant to enjoy our bodies and interact with the world. Who hasn’t enjoyed the sun warming his/her face, or a refreshing breeze, or let the rain wash away the cares momentarily at one point or another? Is there anything better than petting a kitten/puppy/holding a newborn child? Lending a hand (literally) or the thrill of a genuine hug? Of course, there is even more and deeper and fulfilling human contact available which compliments, but cannot be replaced by, the matching our minds.

And what have I learned from the pain? I have developed a heightened sense of gratitude and compassion. I have learned strength, courage, and endurance. I have learned how to comfort others and the growth and beauty that comes from putting up the good fight.

The mundanity of the daily grind has taught me patience and reminded me to keep a constant vigil else risk the loss of time unnoticed and unmarked.

Though I sometimes balk at, struggle against, try to fight this particular phenom called life, in moments of quiet reflection I have to wonder at its perfection.

Thanks for reading, friends! Any thoughts on the worth of a physical and a spiritual realm? Isn’t it marvelous to consider we live somewhere between the two?

Well said.....I agree !

sweet grass to packing house

from birth til death

we travel between the eternities

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Great message Zos, thanks for putting these thoughts so nicely together. I've been watching a series called "Civilizations" on Netflix that goes into the finer details of early civilizations, as well as our current structure of society. I highly recommend watching this series - I find it so fascinating and also confusing that ancient civilizations were more in-tune with the earth, the cosmos, and themselves.

I do believe technology has played a major role in the disconnect most humans have with the outside "organic" world around them.

These are the big questions in life... we will never have all of the answers, and that's part of the fun if you ask me!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

We are a reflection of a reflection.

Every moment gone, exists forever somewhere else.

All that you do has already happened.

OK that's enough for now, I need coffee.

We FEEL your effort and thoughts in putting this thread together, so I thank you.
edit on 8-10-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The corporeal is everything. We are embedded within it. The sooner we realize The sooner we’ll make it all holy.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I believe the physical and spiritual are intertwined and always will be, because energy is always transformed, never lost. How do we learn to appreciate both, simultaneously? Well, people have been asking that question and trying different techniques and philosophies throughout the ages and, so, here we are at the same place, still.
edit on 110CDT12America/Chicago050121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

At the wide horizon the land meets the sky, herein lies the realm I strive to reside; feet firmly grounded to greet earth’s creatures, but wildly straining, reaching for the ether.

Feet to the ground, head to the sky..

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Beautifully said dear Zos! I'm too tired to say much of anything else at the moment, but I will return and read all the replies tomorrow.

top topics

join