It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Maxine Carr bids for lifelong anonymity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maxine Carr's lawyers are preparing to request an indefinate extension to the temporary ban of the media being able to publish her new identity and address. Her legal team feel that threats against her life will increase and that the order must be indefinate for her own safety. Carr was released from prison last may after she gave a false alibi for Ian Huntley, who murdered 10-year-old schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in Soham, Cambridgeshire.

news.bbc.co.uk
BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw says the Home Office supports the move, claiming it would be impossible to protect Carr if her whereabouts were revealed.

In December the High Court was told the media would not challenge the request for lifelong anonymity. The High Court made the original anonymity order because Carr had faced death threats.

The judge said there was "clear evidence" of danger to her life and that the order was "necessary and proportionate".
The media did not challenge the order but argued that their right to solicit information was too greatly restricted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know how I feel about this as what she did was unforgivable yet she was found in a court of law not to have had anything to do with the murders. However, it is a common feeling that she may have had more to do with the murders than what is known, but that it just couldn't be proven.

It is because of this that there should be a belief that her life is in danger, but if she did have more to do with the murders than what is known then people have a right to know that she's in the area.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
John, I quote...

Carr was released from prison last may after she gave a false alibi for Ian Huntley

but then in your own opinion,

yet she was found in a court of law not to have had anything to do with the murders.

That's a contradiction.

Carr will never have lifelong anonymity. She is dangerous and in my opinion does not have the right to this concept. But that's irrelevant because it's impossible to hide.

Document theft
How Maxine Carr might start a new life

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
someone is going to end up finding her and going some "serious damage". I know its not nice to think about, but she deserves something for what she done.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
That's a contradiction.

errr...no it's not.

she covered for the murderer but she wasn't involved at all in the act of murder...officially anyway.

As for your other statement, I too want to let the blood boil and have her hunted down as I have a deep feeling she was more involved than could be proven, but it's that "what if I'm wrong?" feeling that makes me unsure how to make my mind up on this one.

As for her being dangerous and not being able to hide, tell that to Jon Venables and Robert Thompson.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

That's a contradiction.
errr...no it's not.

she covered for the murderer but she wasn't involved at all in the act of murder...officially anyway.

As for her being dangerous and not being able to hide, tell that to Jon Venables and Robert Thompson.

She made a sworn statement (false alibi) to aid Huntley. That's a fact.

I agree with your view on Jon Venables and Robert Thompson. But again, i don't think they will be able to hide forever.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

She made a sworn statement (false alibi) to aid Huntley. That's a fact.

I know, I put it in the original article.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
John, i'm glad we are on the same wave length. I apologise for being pedantic.
When it involves harm to children, i have to bite my tongue.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I dont think it matters where they try and hide her, someone will recognise her where ever she goes

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Update:

The BBC has just reported that the high court judge has indeed granted the indefinate order to protect Maxine Carr's indentity. More on that when there's actually an article. So there you have it...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The posts on this thread clearly validate the judge's decision to grant lifelong anonymity. How ironic!

[edit on 2/24/2005 by dubiousone]

top topics

join