So, would most agree that the Left are primarily to blame for the current divisiveness between the two parties? Did the Right display this
level of hostility towards Liberals and Obama, when he was in office? I'm honestly curious at what some of you think.
I believe you have unwittingly summed up the problem in this country without realizing it.
Yes, there was this level of hostility toward Obama and liberals when he was in office. The fact that you have to ask about it just goes to show you
are only paying attention to one side of the argument. Let's take a look back at some of the attacks launched by the right toward the Obama
1. Obama is not an American - This was nothing but a conspiracy theory without a shed of evidence and yet still some people still belive he was born
in Kenya even after he released his birth certificate.
2. Obama is a muslim - self explanatory
3. Obama is going to take your guns - This continued all the way up to his last few days in office. Not one time was any legislation even seriously
considered that would take away anyone's guns. Even after Sandy Hook, there wasn't any major gun legislation passed. Even with the lack of proof,
people still believed Obama wanted to take their guns.
4. People accused Obama of allowing China to own too much of our debt and that China could ruin us if they called it in. However, those same people
are praising Donald Trump for putting us further in debt with
5. Trade Deficit - Under Obama it was constantly pointed to as horrible and proof Obama was a disastrous president, but no one complains when Trump
expands the deficit to record levels
. Also, it is
important to point out that Trump
promised to cut the Trade deficit
and no one cares that he lied and is increasing it by record amounts.
6. Stupid Scandals - Fox News and other right-wing news organizations on multiple occasions enraged their base by taking seemingly small faux-pas and
raising them to scandals just to anger the base.
Such as the time
he asked a few marines to hold an umbrella for him and the Turkish Prime Minister
. Or the time Obama was called
for bowing to the Japanese emperor and also when he bowed to
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia.
Also, the constant critisism of him
idiot-boards-keep-him-from-connecting-with-audiences-104306374.html" target="_blank" class="postlink"> using a teleprompter
7. Presidential Vacations - The right-wing media constantly called Obama out for taking too many vacations. While I agree he took too many vacations,
the same media is silent when
Trump does worse
8. The Stimulus bills - Republicans and right-wing news said many things about these bilthat the republicans are ls and nothing good. They
attacked the bills
saying they were
destroying our country, that they wouldn't work, etc.
When the truth
is, if they were in power during the recession they would have done the same thing because it is sound economics. Without the stimulus bills one
thing is certain, we wouldn't have the great economy we have now. Also, many of these republicans tried to have their cake and eat it too by
critisizing the stiumulus while at the same time
for the results of the stimulus.
Also, many of them critisized it publically but
privately, they requested more money.
9. Crazy Conservative Personalities - People like Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh was always peddling some negative spin on any story to his
base. On one occasion he spent a large portion of his show saying
" target="_blank" class="postlink"> Obama looked demonic in some photos
and on another occasion called him a
" target="_blank" class="postlink"> jackass
I can go on and on. The facts are that everything Obama did while in office was criticized ad nauseam. From the Coalition of the unwilling to the
Beer summit, everything he did or said was wrong in the eyes of the conservative media and the Republicans. Also, remember the Republicans are the
ones who kept a Supreme Court seat open for 10 months which directly led to this Kavanaugh debacle.
If you honestly believe what you said that the left is responsible for the current level of divisiveness then you haven't been paying attention or you
have selective memory. This is the problem with the country, no one ever sees the faults in their own side. Everyone wants their side to be the
'good guys' so you block out all the bad.
How about this, find me some examples of the Republicans working with the Obama administration on something important.
edit on 10-10-2018 by
BlackJackal because: wording