It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Example Of The Mindset Of Liberals: 'I'm just glad we ruined XXXXXXX's life'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Sure, pipe dreams. I think I am veering off topic, but I really don't see why you guys are so aggressive against liberals. We just want to make this a nice place to live.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
shawmanfromny, you are misguided, perhaps relying on Fox News and other right wing media outlets for objective news and opinion. Only the worst of the worst would deliberately set out to destroy a person for their political ideologies. I personally do not believe many Americans fall into this category, though I will admit they do exist.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Are you saying that the push against Kavanaugh was all a sham?

Absolutely.

Ford's allegations along with the resulting push back are precisely the reason people rallied around Kavanaugh during the hearings.

If not for that, the public would have had to consider the fact that he oversaw the corrupt investigation into Vince Foster's death and omitted evidence of murder from the official final report that concluded Foster committed suicide.

How would that have appeared if Democrats didn't put on a show of opposing him due to Ford's allegations?

Ford also dominated the conversation about Kavanaugh when people could/should have been talking about all the various ways that Kavanaugh covered up Vince Foster's murder.

Kavanaugh would have had virtually ZERO support from Democratic AND Republican voters if not for Ford's allegations and the subsequent push back. It's the sole reason he had any support from the public.

Yes, I think it was a sham. I think it was obvious bad acting by Ford and Kavanaugh. Ford walks away with a million in crowdfunding, Kavanaugh walks away with a seat on the Supreme Court for life. They both walk away with plenty of public support. It's a win-win for them.

Neither is going to pursue any legal action against the other because setting the record straight was never part of the plan. The plan was to bury the record behind Ford's weak allegations and give an already deeply divided public a reason to take a side on Kavanaugh. The goal was reached.

When Kavanaugh was on the short list, conservatives were talking about how they hoped Trump would not choose Kavanaugh...that he could never be trusted because he ran a corrupt investigation into Foster's death.

Ford managed to give conservatives an occasion to rally around a Clinton crime fixer who they would normally reject outright.

While I don't agree with you 100% (your theory is intriguing), I will totally agree that we will not see any kind of defamation lawsuit coming out of the Kavanaugh camp. And the sheep on the right will not ever question why.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Only the worst of the worst would deliberately set out to destroy a person for their political ideologies. I personally do not believe many Americans fall into this category, though I will admit they do exist.

Would that include the crusade against Kavanaugh or does that not count?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
[
Wow
I disagree
Unfounded allegations of gang rape played repeatedly do matter.
Blowing them off now because he was confirmed is disgusting.
I guess the rules dont matter only the win, or loss in your case.

I didn't say they didn't matter. Of course they matter. They hurt genuine victims...they hurt those who have been falsely accused. But they didn't hurt Kavanaugh. They helped him.

And I didn't blow them off. I just happen to think they were machinated to work in Kavanaugh's benefit. However, the People, did not benefit from them. We lose again.

What rules are you referring to? What rules don't matter to me? I don't understand what you are getting at with the suggestion that I don't think the rules matter.

It appears to me that the rep from california dropped the accusations ONLY WHEN the all the other discussion was done. Had she not we would have gotten a up or down vote much sooner.
Kavanaugh would have sailed past the vote threshold that day.
Its not like the senators were discussing your theory only to throw it away when the accusations arrived.

Its possible but not likely imo.

As to the rules, other nominees have had credible accusations(which these were not) handled in private without the need to leak them to the press. Without the hullabaloo created by the dems Kavanaugh would have been easily confirmed. Unless you have some secret gop vote total that no one else has released. ANY gop nom would have easily passed the vote threshold because of the makeup of the senate and good ole harry reid changing senate rules.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: shawmanfromny

Stupid. There's no damage to his reputation. His life isn't ruined. He's now a SCOTUS justice and walks away from the confirmation process with a huge amount of public support after beginning it with none.

Ford's weak allegations were the best thing that ever happened to Kavanaugh. His detractors and supporters aren't capable of considering that and the implications...not right now anyway.

Clarence Thomas is still being called a rapist by the left almost 30 years later.

You think it is all about a job title.

Meaning you have no understanding of what a person's reputation actually means.

Which says a lot more about you than Kavanaugh.

The BS that was thrown at him has hurt himself, his parents, his wife, his marriage. His children will be picked on in school because of it. His personal reputation has been stained permanently.

I keep seeing the left wailing about Ford being a "survivor".

If her story is entirely true, she got groped at a party as a teen.

Kavanaugh and his family are survivors now. Survivors of a nationally televised character assassination attempt. They now have scars.

All because the left needed to stay relevant politically.

I guess the thing that bothers me most is that the left exhibits absolutely no shame for their actions.

For shame.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
As well said as could have been I can just about guarantee you that if Mr. Kavanaugh has the choice between the job with all this BS or going back to his normal life (and he didn’t care about his country so much) he would have walked away. Who would have blamed him for packing it in against that full court press against him personally and not even just his ideals and beliefs but his very being, he’s a stronger man than I.

No. Not that.

But you raise an interesting point regarding his courage...or lack thereof.

It's been suggested that Kavanaugh buried the evidence that Vince Foster was murdered because he was threatened or pressured to....that he didn't do it because he was beholden to the Clintons.

So...is he a coward or is he courageous? Was he a coward then and courageous now?

Either way, he led a corrupt investigation into Vince Foster's death and that disqualifies him from serving as a SCOTUS justice IMO. He can never be trusted and the public can never really have confidence he will uphold the supreme law of the land.

Come back to me when the “suggestion” has materialized into hard proof, you’re as bad as the dems trying desperately find any possible reason as to why he shouldn’t be SCOTUS material your claim has as much proof as Ford’s and we see how that worked. Also what person would stand up to you and the dems criteria? This isn’t about having a perfect person for the job as there is no perfect human....🤔😴

Hard proof of what? That he omitted evidence to conclude Foster killed himself? You can hear him acknowledge that evidence and explain why he omitted it yourself:

There's a great write up on this and other issues with the Vince Foster investigation(s) here.

SNIP:

Narrator
Kavanaugh is asked a fourth time what evidence he had that Foster's car was in the parking lot. Either Foster's car was there or it was not.

Brett Kavanaugh
Well at least we you know, at least you know, the Report, look the Report was trying to be honest about a few things, and ah, that, that, the people had complained about with the Fiske Report, and one of them was the fact that there were these cars and people saw different cars and different people.

What about the people, I mean this gets to a problem, what about the people who seemed clearly to see ah, Foster's car, and described it as brown. So, people were screwed up on the colors, period.

Narrator
Kavanaugh is right, there is a problem.

Brett Kavanaugh
What about the people, I mean this gets to a problem. What about the people who seemed clearly to see ah, Foster's car, and described it as brown.

Narrator
Kavanaugh's statement that people clearly saw Foster's car is not true. Descriptions of a brown car are not descriptions of Foster's gray car. How does Kavanaugh resolve the problem?

Brett Kavanaugh
So, people were screwed up on the colors, period.

Narrator
Brett Kavanaugh called eyewitnesses "screwed up" because what they saw did not agree with the desired result.

But Kavanaugh slipped up. He admitted that all of the police and medical personnel saw a brown car.

Brett Kavanaugh
Well it all comes down to that brown car issue, right? Ah, all the police and medical personnel that were in the park also described it as brown.

Narrator
The conclusion that Vincent Foster committed suicide depends on yet another provable lie – that Foster drove his children's gray Honda to Fort Marcy Park.

Patrick Knowlton and all the other witnesses were correct. There was no gray car in the parking lot.

We just heard Kavanaugh admit that all witnesses were consistent that the car was brown, proving that Foster did not drive his children's car to the park.

Earlier in this audio, we heard Kavanaugh admit that the civilian witnesses reported seeing a brown car, and claimed to believe that all these civilians were all simply mistaken, or, "screwed up."

But twenty-four officials arrived at the park that night, and Kavanaugh admits that these twenty-four police and medical personnel all saw a brown car.

Brett Kavanaugh
Ah, all the police and medical personnel that were in the park also described it as brown.

Narrator
Kavanaugh learned of this evidence, disproving the suicide theory, from grand jury testimony. Yet, Kavanaugh knowingly withheld this evidence from Starr's Report on Foster's death, and submitted the Report to the United States Court of Appeals, to the Special Division for the Purpose of Appointing Independent Counsels.

I have no reason to believe anything Kavanaugh says, he's done nothing to earn the public's trust. Besides, no one can claim to *know* who is lying or not in the scenario with Ford. I think they both are liars. My opinion is worth as much as yours.

Also, I think it's you that is in a desperate position to try to find any reason Kavanaugh is SCOTUS material. So far, all I have seen is that he denied some very weak attempted rape allegations.

Finding a reason as to why Kavanaugh shouldn't be SCOTUS material is easy. He concluded that Vince Foster killed himself. Disqualified.

I draw a line at supporting people who cover up crimes for the Clintons.

edit on 10/8/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Sorry.

Not being that. That's a game too deep for this.

If want they really wanted was for him to take the bench. Then they would have followed his judicial philosophy all the way. There was no need for this.

You don't honestly think the Republican Senate was going to vote against him for his judicial philosophy, and that Schumer wouldn't have twisted a few arms to break off the right votes to put him over.

Basically, you're describing him being distasteful like Sotomayor and Kagan. So that strategy would have worked fine. They would have been able to grandstand on how they tried, and they wouldn't have damaged their electoral chances in some key races.

Of course the Republicans were always going to vote for him, and the Democrats could have given the appearance of putting up a fight in another way, but this way may prove to be very useful to the Democratic party's agenda -- especially if they run a woman in 2020 or 2024 and I think the signs point to that. Imagine how it would play out in the media if the Democrats run a woman (not Hillary).

I also noticed that Democratic party candidates have taken the opportunity to use Ford to raise money and rally supporters. Their tricks always work on their voters...

The Democrats did a good job mitigating any damage with their enflaming rhetoric and televised protests. And Ford created an occasion for people to rally around Kavanaugh when there was no other reason for them to do so.

I don't think my conspiracy theory is any deeper than the one that theorizes the Ford allegations were a coordinated effort, involving some of Ford's friends, the FBI, and senate Democrats, to end Brett Kavanaugh's nomination.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Uh OK, whatever, but I did reply to another poster concerning me being an 'idiot' and so 'completely disingenuous'. You must of missed reading my reply, when I offered an apology for my oversight and added an interesting question.

I did miss that.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No one with a brain cell is calling Clarence Thomas a "rapist" for Anita Baker's sexual harassment allegations.

Ug. The irony of this statement given her name is Anita Hill.

Oops.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Sure, pipe dreams. I think I am veering off topic, but I really don't see why you guys are so aggressive against liberals. We just want to make this a nice place to live.

All I Have To Do Is Dream

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

No one with a brain cell is calling Clarence Thomas a "rapist" for Anita Baker's sexual harassment allegations.

Ug. The irony of this statement given her name is Anita Hill.

Oops.

Better than a "Baker's" Dozen on an ant hill 😎

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
It appears to me that the rep from california dropped the accusations ONLY WHEN the all the other discussion was done. Had she not we would have gotten a up or down vote much sooner.
Kavanaugh would have sailed past the vote threshold that day.
Its not like the senators were discussing your theory only to throw it away when the accusations arrived.

Its possible but not likely imo.

As to the rules, other nominees have had credible accusations(which these were not) handled in private without the need to leak them to the press. Without the hullabaloo created by the dems Kavanaugh would have been easily confirmed. Unless you have some secret gop vote total that no one else has released. ANY gop nom would have easily passed the vote threshold because of the makeup of the senate and good ole harry reid changing senate rules.

Ford claims she contacted her local government representative about the allegations on July 6. Kavanaugh wasn't even nominated until July 9.

It was always the plan for the hearings to play out the way they did and, in full view, for public consumption. Now, Kavanaugh has people who have invested time and emotion into his confirmation and strongly support him.

He didn't have that before Ford's allegations took center stage.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

With *their voters* ... that's the rub.

How many of those do they have anyway? They just alienated more with this stunt, more than they think.

As far as I can tell, they think they were going to rope in lots of women with this, but I think they may have less than they realize. What this did was expose what kind of woman you are. If you have solid, stable social relations in your life, then you were disgusted by this stunt. If you have social chaos in your life, then you might have been persuaded.

How far as the regular social fabric of between the sexes and within families been eroded? Is it really that far gone? I'm not so sure.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

people didnt support kavanaugh before this?
people dont have to support him, the gop senators just had to confirm him....
you are not making sense

a scotus nominee does not need "the peoples" support
you have no evidence he would not get gop votes prior to the bullcrap avalanche unleashed by feinstein?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The only one I can think of in my lifetime that was withdrawn in part due to public protest was Harriet Miers. Bush withdraw the nomination after facing insurrection from all parts of his own party.

Kavanaugh wasn't going to do that.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Perfect Example Of The Mindset Of Liberals: 'I'm just glad we ruined XXXXXXX's life'

Remember when Trump supporters ruined the career of James Gunn based off a joke he made years ago?
edit on 10/8/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Remember when Trump supporters ruined the career of James Gunn based off a joke he made years ago?

About the stuff he actually tweeted?

btw, where is he tending bar these days ?

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

disney=trump supporters?
wow
i am confused???

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Correction: September 19, 2018. An earlier version of this article reported, based on Eshoo’s recollection, that she met with Blasey Ford soon after Independence Day. Her staff later clarified that they met on July 20.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You ask a question about leftists creating a divide while doing just that with your OP.....

So what color was that kettle again?

SAD

For Leftists, the kettle color is getting clearer by the day.

Everybody can see them now.

No more hiding in dark places with the lights off.

💥🎃🐟💥

A clear kettle huh

That actually would be really cool to have!

But I am right with my post though and you know it damnit!

Transparent kettles or electric glass kettles come with glow-in-the-dark mood lighting. Not even the kettles can hide now

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join