It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Example Of The Mindset Of Liberals: 'I'm just glad we ruined XXXXXXX's life'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Are you saying that the push against Kavanaugh was all a sham?

Absolutely.

Ford's allegations along with the resulting push back are precisely the reason people rallied around Kavanaugh during the hearings.

If not for that, the public would have had to consider the fact that he oversaw the corrupt investigation into Vince Foster's death and omitted evidence of murder from the official final report that concluded Foster committed suicide.

How would that have appeared if Democrats didn't put on a show of opposing him due to Ford's allegations?

Ford also dominated the conversation about Kavanaugh when people could/should have been talking about all the various ways that Kavanaugh covered up Vince Foster's murder.

Kavanaugh would have had virtually ZERO support from Democratic AND Republican voters if not for Ford's allegations and the subsequent push back. It's the sole reason he had any support from the public.

Yes, I think it was a sham. I think it was obvious bad acting by Ford and Kavanaugh. Ford walks away with a million in crowdfunding, Kavanaugh walks away with a seat on the Supreme Court for life. They both walk away with plenty of public support. It's a win-win for them.

Neither is going to pursue any legal action against the other because setting the record straight was never part of the plan. The plan was to bury the record behind Ford's weak allegations and give an already deeply divided public a reason to take a side on Kavanaugh. The goal was reached.

When Kavanaugh was on the short list, conservatives were talking about how they hoped Trump would not choose Kavanaugh...that he could never be trusted because he ran a corrupt investigation into Foster's death.

Ford managed to give conservatives an occasion to rally around a Clinton crime fixer who they would normally reject outright.

edit on 10/8/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
[
Wow
I disagree
Unfounded allegations of gang rape played repeatedly do matter.
Blowing them off now because he was confirmed is disgusting.
I guess the rules dont matter only the win, or loss in your case.

I didn't say they didn't matter. Of course they matter. They hurt genuine victims...they hurt those who have been falsely accused. But they didn't hurt Kavanaugh. They helped him.

And I didn't blow them off. I just happen to think they were machinated to work in Kavanaugh's benefit. However, the People, did not benefit from them. We lose again.

What rules are you referring to? What rules don't matter to me? I don't understand what you are getting at with the suggestion that I don't think the rules matter.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Clarence Thomas is still being called a rapist by the left almost 30 years later.

You think it is all about a job title.

Meaning you have no understanding of what a person's reputation actually means.

Which says a lot more about you than Kavanaugh.

The BS that was thrown at him has hurt himself, his parents, his wife, his marriage. His children will be picked on in school because of it. His personal reputation has been stained permanently.

I keep seeing the left wailing about Ford being a "survivor".

If her story is entirely true, she got groped at a party as a teen.

Kavanaugh and his family are survivors now. Survivors of a nationally televised character assassination attempt. They now have scars.

All because the left needed to stay relevant politically.

I guess the thing that bothers me most is that the left exhibits absolutely no shame for their actions.

For shame.

No one with a brain cell is calling Clarence Thomas a "rapist" for Anita Baker's sexual harassment allegations.

And you wouldn't have had any reason to support Kavanaugh if not for Ford's weak allegations.

Kavanaugh's family are not suffering IF you take the position I take...the allegations were an invention created to give Democrats a *reason* to oppose Kavanaugh.

Without them, it would have been painfully clear that Kavanaugh is a Clinton crime fixer and Democrats do not oppose him.

I'm not buying into Ford's allegations and I am not buying into Kavanaugh being made a victim by them. So all of this commentary on how I don't have an appreciation for how serious the allegations were does not even apply to me.

I don't believe Ford AND Kavanaugh.

AND I don't see how that's somehow more abhorrent than people who didn't believe only one of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the entire left/right paradigm is a farce. politicians are ALL AS BAD AS EACH OTHER. they're glad you all hate each other.
the cult of personality (any party) is as tired and transparently misguided now as it has ever been. figureheads are puppets, praised as prophets and saviours, when in actuality they are neither. same old same old. smh, etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are you saying that the push against Kavanaugh was all a sham?

Just to be clear, DBC, I said on July 10 that Democrats would do their best to put on a pretend show of opposing Kavanaugh.

Link to comment:

Secretly Democrats are rejoicing because they know Kavanaugh covered for the Clintons when he filed a fraudulent report to the United States Court of Appeals that concluded Vince Foster committed suicide.

It's just a show. Bread and circuses. He will be confirmed...but I am sure Democrats will do their best to pretend they are not happy with this nominee.

They are though. So happy.

I didn't just pull it outta my butt because I am *mad* he was confirmed. I knew he would be confirmed and never had any doubt...I never had any hope that he would not be confirmed because I don't rest my hopes on Democrats or Republicans anymore.

I never viewed Ford's allegations nor the Democrats' push-back as anything but "pretend."

ETA: When I read Vasa's thread about McLean being retired FBl...I wondered how Trump supporters would ever really be able to trust the outcome of the confirmation hearings.

The FBI's plans were not foiled..they went off without a hitch. They always do.

Kavanaugh and the FBI worked hand-in-hand to make sure that Foster's murder was officially ruled a suicide. The FBI doesn't oppose Kavanaugh.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Stupid. There's no damage to his reputation. His life isn't ruined. He's now a SCOTUS justice and walks away from the confirmation process with a huge amount of public support after beginning it with none.

Ford's weak allegations were the best thing that ever happened to Kavanaugh. His detractors and supporters aren't capable of considering that and the implications...not right now anyway.

Clarence Thomas is still being called a rapist by the left almost 30 years later.

The BS that was thrown at him has hurt himself, his parents, his wife, his marriage. His children will be picked on in school because of it. His personal reputation has been stained permanently.

Kavanaugh and his family are survivors now. Survivors of a nationally televised character assassination attempt. They now have scars.

I guess the thing that bothers me most is that the left exhibits absolutely no shame for their actions.

For shame.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
As well said as could have been I can just about guarantee you that if Mr. Kavanaugh has the choice between the job with all this BS or going back to his normal life (and he didn’t care about his country so much) he would have walked away. Who would have blamed him for packing it in against that full court press against him personally and not even just his ideals and beliefs but his very being, he’s a stronger man than I.

I think he realized this fight was much bigger than him. It would have set an awful precedent if the fascist left was allowed to win this one.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Stupid. There's no damage to his reputation. His life isn't ruined. He's now a SCOTUS justice and walks away from the confirmation process with a huge amount of public support after beginning it with none.

Ford's weak allegations were the best thing that ever happened to Kavanaugh. His detractors and supporters aren't capable of considering that and the implications...not right now anyway.

For shame.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
As well said as could have been I can just about guarantee you that if Mr. Kavanaugh has the choice between the job with all this BS or going back to his normal life (and he didn’t care about his country so much) he would have walked away. Who would have blamed him for packing it in against that full court press against him personally and not even just his ideals and beliefs but his very being, he’s a stronger man than I.

No. Not that.

But you raise an interesting point regarding his courage...or lack thereof.

It's been suggested that Kavanaugh buried the evidence that Vince Foster was murdered because he was threatened or pressured to....that he didn't do it because he was beholden to the Clintons.

So...is he a coward or is he courageous? Was he a coward then and courageous now?

Either way, he led a corrupt investigation into Vince Foster's death and that disqualifies him from serving as a SCOTUS justice IMO. He can never be trusted and the public can never really have confidence he will uphold the supreme law of the land.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

For shame.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

I think he realized this fight was much bigger than him. It would have set an awful precedent if the fascist left was allowed to win this one.

It set an awful precedent when he abused his leadership of the investigation into Vince Foster's death to officially declare his obvious murder a suicide.

That fight was bigger than him and he let the 'fascist left' win that one.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I may be wrong here but there are far more Conservative hit-piece threads aimed at Liberals on this site than there are Liberal hit-piece threads aimed at Conservatives. I admit to not keeping tally as I find one as boring as the other. Only really stepped in here to make my observations known.

I'd agree with this. It didn't used to be like this. When I joined, it was fairly even. There was quite a bit of sniping from both sides. Over the last two years, it seems the leftists on the site have been giving up. It seems they've been getting worn down with constantly being lied to and being wrong about what's going on with Trump. He won't be inaugurated, he'll be impeached in the first 90 days, 6 months, year, etc etc. There's been too many letdowns with Mueller to even count. Every month it seems there's a "this is it!" moment with that that turns out to be nothing.

"Kavanaugh won't be confirmed" is just the latest lie they were told.

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Outlier13
It's amazing we are 41 pages into this topic that is clearly nothing more than a stall tactic of the left to stall the inevitable confirmation of Kavanaugh until after the midterms.

Nothing more.

Kavenaugh is not getting confirmed.

Watch what happens.

Where do you think he got that idea? He was promised that and it was a lie. Eventually, you get lied to enough, you begin to question this ideology. Some of them are way too brainwashed for that though. But just think about all the future conservatives that were made with this whole Kavanaugh saga. All these young people have been told if Kavanaugh gets confirmed women will lose their rights. 5, 10 years from now when that hasn't happened, some of them will question why they were lied to and will leave the progressive lies behind. Some people are now questioning why gays haven't been put in camps, all Muslims haven't been banned, women haven't been put back in the kitchen, the economy hasn't crashed. This was all fearmongering claims we heard "if Trump is elected". Eventually some people start to think maybe they should stop listening to these people that constantly lie to them. There's always more young people for them to indoctrinate though.

Just wait til Mueller is done and all they have on Trump is some uncrossed Ts on a tax form. This place will be deserted. I think the main thing is, here their ideas are challenged. That's not what they want. They want an echo chamber. Sadly, with them leaving, that's all we're left with here. We need them to come back so we can actually have dialogue, even if it's like talking to a brick wall.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Since this IS a conspiracy site, I'll give you the benefit of doubt and say, "Possible".

If you are right, then it was well played.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

For shame.

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

No. Not that.

But you raise an interesting point regarding his courage...or lack thereof.

It's been suggested that Kavanaugh buried the evidence that Vince Foster was murdered because he was threatened or pressured to....that he didn't do it because he was beholden to the Clintons.

So...is he a coward or is he courageous? Was he a coward then and courageous now?

Either way, he led a corrupt investigation into Vince Foster's death and that disqualifies him from serving as a SCOTUS justice IMO. He can never be trusted and the public can never really have confidence he will uphold the supreme law of the land.

Come back to me when the “suggestion” has materialized into hard proof, you’re as bad as the dems trying desperately find any possible reason as to why he shouldn’t be SCOTUS material your claim has as much proof as Ford’s and we see how that worked. Also what person would stand up to you and the dems criteria? This isn’t about having a perfect person for the job as there is no perfect human....🤔😴

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sorry.

Not being that. That's a game too deep for this.

If want they really wanted was for him to take the bench. Then they would have followed his judicial philosophy all the way. There was no need for this.

You don't honestly think the Republican Senate was going to vote against him for his judicial philosophy, and that Schumer wouldn't have twisted a few arms to break off the right votes to put him over.

Basically, you're describing him being distasteful like Sotomayor and Kagan. So that strategy would have worked fine. They would have been able to grandstand on how they tried, and they wouldn't have damaged their electoral chances in some key races.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah just fill the XXXXX with "all men"

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Uh OK, whatever, but I did reply to another poster concerning me being an 'idiot' and so 'completely disingenuous'. You must of missed reading my reply, when I offered an apology for my oversight and added an interesting question. I think it's a fair question to ask, don't you? Considering the circumstances, I wouldn't say it's 'disingenuous' to assume that Kavanaugh was persuaded to end his teaching course at Harvard. But hey, you believe what you want to believe.

By the way, I do find it interesting that Harvard's Law Dean didn't mention Kavanaugh not committing to teaching his course, in an email he sent to students on Sept. 28. Why is that?

If Kavanaugh had already announced that he was not going to continue the course, why wasn't it mentioned in this email? Could it be that Harvard forced his hand?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: sooth
There has already been a clarion call on the left after the Kavanaugh confirmation to become even more vicious and extremist. How do these people not see that they are only strengthening their opposition by continuing and increasing these tactics? It's as if they have no concept of causality.

Those of us who love our country have shown how patient we are in the hopes millions of brainwashed college educated patients will wake up to reality.

How far are they willing to push our patience and restraint is the question they should ask themselves every time they throw their toddler tantrums......

We're gonna keep pushing. What are you going to do about it?

What are you going to do about it when:
We get free health care for you and your family.
We get free education for you and your family.
We create a jobs program for you and your family.
We create a green infrastructure for you and your family.
The list goes on and on, the liberal agenda is to make america great for everyone, not just the 1%.

Why on earth do you keep fighting us on this crap? Are you so far down the rabbit hole you cant see that this only goes against the Koch brothers (and the other oligarchs) interests? But "MUH GUNZ!?!"

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Uh OK, whatever, but I did reply to another poster concerning me being an 'idiot' and so 'completely disingenuous'. You must of missed reading my reply, when I offered an apology for my oversight and added an interesting question. I think it's a fair question to ask, don't you? Considering the circumstances, I wouldn't say it's 'disingenuous' to assume that Kavanaugh was persuaded to end his teaching course at Harvard. But hey, you believe what you want to believe.

By the way, I do find it interesting that Harvard's Law Dean didn't mention Kavanaugh not committing to teaching his course, in an email he sent to students on Sept. 28. Why is that?

If Kavanaugh had already announced that he was not going to continue the course, why wasn't it mentioned in this email? Could it be that Harvard forced his hand?

Honestly I find it pretty likely that Kav made an agreement with school on the subject, I think he knew either way that teaching wasn’t going to be viable for him anymore in the liberal university scene after the circus. So I have a sneaking suspicion they had a pow wow and decided to part ways in a dignified manner by simply removing the course from the syllabus. That way Kav didn’t have to openly quite and the school didn’t have to fire him, seems like a reasonable way out for all parties IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: sooth
There has already been a clarion call on the left after the Kavanaugh confirmation to become even more vicious and extremist. How do these people not see that they are only strengthening their opposition by continuing and increasing these tactics? It's as if they have no concept of causality.

Those of us who love our country have shown how patient we are in the hopes millions of brainwashed college educated patients will wake up to reality.

How far are they willing to push our patience and restraint is the question they should ask themselves every time they throw their toddler tantrums......

We're gonna keep pushing. What are you going to do about it?

What are you going to do about it when:
We get free health care for you and your family.
We get free education for you and your family.
We create a jobs program for you and your family.
We create a green infrastructure for you and your family.
The list goes on and on, the liberal agenda is to make america great for everyone, not just the 1%.

Why on earth do you keep fighting us on this crap? Are you so far down the rabbit hole you cant see that this only goes against the Koch brothers (and the other oligarchs) interests? But "MUH GUNZ!?!"

Ah the pipe dreams are strong with this one....

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: neo96

I have been ready. I used to wonder how a civil war in America was possible. I’m now willing to do what must be done to save this republic

Yay! Another "patriot" willing to kill his countrymen just because they disagree with him! You are going to be really helpful moving forward.

I still want you to have free education (you need it), health care, and a living wage; even though you want to go all civil war on me. I love you brother.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Got the dirty double.
edit on 10/8/2018 by whargoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: neo96

I have been ready. I used to wonder how a civil war in America was possible. I’m now willing to do what must be done to save this republic

Yay! Another "patriot" willing to kill his countrymen just because they disagree with him! You are going to be really helpful moving forward.

I still want you to have free education (you need it), health care, and a living wage; even though you want to go all civil war on me. I love you brother.

Sadly you can’t pay for these things with liberal tears or we’d already be all set...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join