It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, let's see your acrylic or watercolor paintings...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
(This is a no politics zone)

I'll start the ball rolling. Here is one of my more recent landscapes. It is an acrylic on canvas that depicts a winter night scene just after the sun set over the horizon. I welcome critiques both positive and negative. But, I request you also provide some of your artwork as well so we can all share in each others talents.

Link to full size image

edit on 10/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's lovely work!

I have nothing to add I'm afraid, my last painting was done in the 90's for art GCSE, school binned it when I left after exams, I could have picked it up but I had no intention of going back there voluntarily after being set free, lol

S&F

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

very nice work, very atmospheric.

and the full size view is worthwhile. very nice brush strokes.

i'm impressed. will you show some more images of yours ?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Very nice painting, very colorful and uplifting!
I want to camp there, I once 'almost' camped in Colorado on a beautiful mountaintop with a scene like that, but I asked why all of the trees were charred, I was told, "Lightning"... 'nuff said... heheh

I did this painting way back in 1994 or so, for a woman at work. That is an old lead type case that the cats are in, we worked at a printer, she had an antique at home.
Anyway, I loved the look of her top cat, but the bottom one was more boring, turns out she didn't like the top cat, but loved the bottom one with the good personality. heheh
You can see where I lost interest on the grey cat's stomach and the toy beneath it.
At that time I didn't know I had ADHD, hence me not caring that much about finishing it.

The ugly cabinet actually looked like that, it was actually gaudy, it was very shiny though. I actually only like the top cat, the rest sucks as far as I am concerned.

Acrylics and I airbrushed that shadow.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Very nice work !

I have alerted a friend who basically ran away from this place because of the politics. She does beautiful work.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have yet to complete my work .

Just kidding.

Both of the paintings look great . I wish I had close to your abilities .

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

That is great work! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

very nice work, very atmospheric.

and the full size view is worthwhile. very nice brush strokes.

i'm impressed. will you show some more images of yours ?

Maybe. The more I present here. the higher chance of someone actually knowing who I am here.

LOL

(cue eerie music)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This is the only example of my artwork.

I admire the true talent of the pics posted here. Unfortunately, I do not have the gene for art work.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That is an impressive piece of art ! Love the shadows and great detail in this work.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is the only example of my artwork.

I admire the true talent of the pics posted here. Unfortunately, I do not have the gene for art work.

Thanks! Seems you have entered your "minimalist" period. But, it is still appreciated.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I love the bold coloring to this piece. I would definitely hang this up in my home !

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I love the bold coloring to this piece. I would definitely hang this up in my home !

Thank you for the review. Yes. this one I will be framing and hanging in my "gallery" stairway soon.

PS: It's not for sale (at this time)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
That is great work! Thanks for sharing.

originally posted by: Sheye
That is an impressive piece of art ! Love the shadows and great detail in this work.

Thanks y'all!

Here is one that I did in the 70's of Janis Joplin, plus two models out of a magazine.
Janis Joplin looked like this actually in the picture I did this from, but to me, in real life, she was nowhere near that good looking.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nice work DBC,minimal but with depth, modern yet contemporary. Great contrast between the subject and the background.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Interesting take on Northern lights within the winter night depiction overall. I think they should become more of the focus, less landscape for example unless you want a subject to be presented in it as well-ie a house. I suggest better blending of the colors in the sky.

You appear to be depicting douglas fir trees. Look up images of the trees them, they do vary depending on age, location in forest or clearing, etc. Though, you have the right idea if that's what they are meant to be.

Also, would have given more emphasis on the moon, it's representation and if it's light is on trees, the landscape, more.

Well done nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

This is just beautiful!

My friend who does artwork, gave me a night scene of snow covered trees, the moon, a brook and snow falling.

I always wanted to be a painter, bur unfortunately it is not my forte.

Do you sell any of your works in a gallery or at fairs?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Wow! I love how vivid the colors are and how beautiful this piece is!

Do you sell your work anywhere?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

(This is a no politics zone)

What about those of us who paint politically?

Link to full size image

I really like your trees, particularly the one on the right, it has a life to it like it is being drawn by it's tip into the centre.

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Nice paintings I see here! Well done ATS!

So here are mine's, my most recent works except for Inktober sketches (I suck at inking)
Acrylic on canvas.

My style is more oils than acrylic and I prefer portraits but I made these two for an exhibition we made for the annual Jazz festival. They are currently displayed at my city gallery.
My avatar is a digital drawing I made (i'm still learning digital painting).

edit on 8-10-2018 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join