It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5G Network Uses Same EMF Waves as Pentagon Crowd Control System

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: lordcomac

So it really is not about the same as a WiFi router? That is just some dis-info?

They're not the same digital frequency, correct.

It looks like 802.11ac (5g wifi) is 5ghz and under- so it may run at multiple frequencies below 5ghz...

It's unclear to me what frequencies 5G cell towers use - but the OP is talking about frequencies in the 95GHz range.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Several problems with this theory.

Firstly, no 5g carrier is working at 95ghz (yet)

Secondly, an active denial system used a directed beam, not really ideal for trying to connect to hundreds, possibly thousands of devices.

Thirdly, an active denial system’s transmitter power is 100kw, you are not going to get anywhere near that for a mobile phone transmitter.

edit on 7/10/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: schuyler
Well anybody who believes in God, angels and demons already accepts cross dimensional beings as truth. Are you an atheist??

These are not mutually exclusive. I thought this thread was about 5g networks, not religious hocus pocus. Back to the subject, 5g is fifth generation. It has nothing to do with WiFi routers in your home, per se. It has to do with broadband transmission TO your home network. Because 5g works on a higher frequency, the antennas must be closer together. It's not like one cell tower every few miles. That means antennas on telephone poles and lots of them. The concern is that 5g transmissions, being at a high frequency, may be a health hazard. Of course, that was said about plain old electrical transmission towers back in the day, and cell towers more recently. Your cell phone is probably 4g right now. The new Samsung S10(g) coming out in 2019 will be capable of 5g and correspondingly more expensive because it needs several (!) additional antennas in the phone itself. However, it's going to a very long time before 5g is as prevalent as 4g is right now because rolling out the extra infrastructure is going to be slow and expensive and will take place is heavily urban areas first. The benefit is MUCH increased bandwidth that will make today's transmission speed seem like a 1200 baud modem. As to the health hazards? I don't know. Look up 5g on YouTube and you'll find a lot of 'woe is me' vids on the subject. As to their veracity? You tell me.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Really? Oh noes! The Pentagon?!

Those EMF waves must be particularly sinister.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We should get a discount for 5G services if our taxes are funding it... Even though taxes pay for it I don't mind as long as we beat China to the punch... that's a thing right?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Some of the stories I read compared it's safeness to that of a WiFi router. You made some good points there. My phone is fast enough now though, I can't really talk much faster.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well you can see in images that what the military uses is directional...we often get most of our tech from the military or nasa so no suprise here..

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
We should get a discount for 5G services if our taxes are funding it... Even though taxes pay for it I don't mind as long as we beat China to the punch... that's a thing right?

It will likely be more expensive. More bandwidth = more expense. Government is not funding the roll out. That will be on the carriers and they're gonna want to recoup the expense of doing so. It's also not about talking fast. It's about streaming video and downloading huge games.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I don't think it is as much about the games being huge as it is about them lagging without enough bandwidth.

edit on 7-10-2018 by LookingAtMars because: fix

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's no need to go to 5g just for lagging issues. I have zero lagging issues now with 50MB. But bandwidth usage is huge and will become more so. When you can squirt a 50GB game package down in a few seconds, that will be a significant advantage. One of the issues is increased use of the "phone" for all computing uses. These high-rez screens like on the Samsung Notebooks are phenomenal and are actually beginning to replace laptops. This is a good example of Kurzweil's "singularity" in motion. The Oculus Rift is going to shrink down to the size of a pair of wrap-around glasses and within our lifetimes this stuff will be built-in--completely. And THAT'S where 5g will come into its own.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Wow 50GB for a game on a phone! I don't play any games on my phone, I am straight up with people.

I dread when they don't make desktops anymore. I resisted carrying a smart phone till a couple years ago when work required it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I hear you. I resisted, too. In fact, I was fine with MS-DOS until they screwed everything up with Windows

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It doesn't use millimeter waves. It operates around 15ghz which are still microwaves.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I wonder if these will push for even more packaged iphone/net plans. For example- Have our 5g network for __$__ add a sports package __$__. If the largest networks are switching over to 5g there's no doubt bills will go up.

The 4g where I am can be pretty sketchy especially in bad weather and temperature extremes, this looks to be an upgrade for the better if it's really not a concern as shared by the Op source. Also, according to sources 5g will have the same weather, foliage, and if t has the same temperature issues, that they can be dealt with before it replaces of if it replaces 4g as the main network.
edit on 8-10-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
So, I have a dumb question here? Don’t hate. Lol
My wireless is ran on a portable hot spot device by att.
It has a setting for 2.4 service or a 5 setting. If I switch to 5 it hauls butt, better service, but older devices lose the signal on 5g. My sons PS4 is one, the X-Box loses it which we use in my room to connect to Amazon Prime and Netflix.
Living room TV in newer and connects well. Laptops haul a$$ too.
Is this the same 5G everybody is worked up about? Because I’m not leaning Democrat yet or anything crazy. No homicidal thoughts as of yet. Only annoyance is the older stuff not working.

5G wi-fi is not 5G cell.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I wonder if these will push for even more packaged iphone/net plans. For example- Have our 5g network for __$__ add a sports package __$__. If the largest networks are switching over to 5g there's no doubt bills will go up.

The 4g where I am can be pretty sketchy especially in bad weather and temperature extremes, this looks to be an upgrade for the better if it's really not a concern as shared by the Op source. Also, according to sources 5g will have the same weather, foliage, and if t has the same temperature issues, that they can be dealt with before it replaces of if it replaces 4g as the main network.

Temperature and weather have almost 0 effect on cell. You are a rural nut that blames cell companies for your middle of no where lifestyle.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

It doesn't use millimeter waves. It operates around 15ghz which are still microwaves.

Microwaves are MM is size by default. It is not used for communication with handhelds, but with backhauls. That's why this fear of Microwaves is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The global rollout of 5G is well underway, and we soon may see new small cell towers near all schools, on every residential street, dispersed throughout the natural environment, and pretty much everywhere. But the safety of this technology is in serious question, and there is a raging battle to stop the taxpayer funded implementation of 5G. The new cell network uses high-band radio frequency millimeter waves to deliver high bandwidth data to any device within line of sight.
5G Network Uses Same EMF Waves as Pentagon Crowd Control System

The U.S. military developed a non-lethal crowd control weapon system called the Active Denial System (ADS). It uses radio frequency millimeter waves in the 95GHz range to penetrate the top 1/64 of an inch layer of skin on the targeted individual, instantly producing an intolerable heating sensation that causes them to flee.

There are a lot of conspiracies out there about 5G. Could there be truth behind some of them? I really don't know if 5G or WiFi waves can hurt a person or bother you. Plenty of research info on the internet, but who to trust?

I know some waves can harm the body without doubt, microwave for instance. Some waves can annoy or cause pain and not be harmful. Any experts here that know anything about 5G.

5G Bad - Duck Duck Go Search

the amount of power necessary to make any radio frequency deadly is far greater than what any cell tower is putting out by a magnitude of 100 to 1 easily. You have to be completely on point with your target as well as they are tiny beams coming out, not giant death rays.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Haha rural nut, cute. Bring your ad homs back to the Mud Pit where they belong.

None of that is an assumption, it's a real issue even put out by people who work on the towers from the nearby metropolitan area.

How Air Temperatures Affect Cell Signals

Any observed correlation between signal strength and atmospheric temperature is mostly due to corresponding changes in humidity levels. The strength of signal reaching your phone should not be impacted by a temperature change alone.

It’s also important to understand that the line-of-sight propagation of UHF frequencies differs from the way very low frequencies bounce between the earth and ionosphere, therefore traveling very long distances. Atmospheric conditions that may allow a ham radio operator to bounce their signal to the opposite side of the world will not allow a line-of-sight cellular transmission to extend its range.
Source

Rain, fog, clouds, snow, etc., all effect the reception.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Great. Cancer rates will increase so that we can watch movies and play games when we're not at home watching movies or playing games.

Do we really need to give people more reason to never look away from phones?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join