It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No political threads for a week.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Politics is conspiracy!

It's where lies are truth, facts become fiction, and irrational behavior is the only rational way to converse!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can't think of anyone who insulted more folk and caused more divide than yourself. And you took a severe intellectual beating doing it.

I suspect that's why you say, "No mas."

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That's rich....... you of all people suggesting civility..... LOL......LOL......a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its unfortunate that some of you cannot see past who is posing this thread rather than what is being posted.

The usual mantra of attacking the player and not the ball when it comes to political threads.

I posted this in general chit-chat for a reason, its just mean to be a laid back casual conversation about what ATS would look like if we all stopped with the political bickering.

Sadly some don't seem to quite get the spirit of this thread.....

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What if just for one week there was no left vs right political baiting threads on ATS,

Traffic would drop, then the resident gaslighters would show up and make thread after thread trying to show their opinions are somehow a fact.

You know, the regular right wing playbook around these parts.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I agree, I think there would be a pretty huge drop off in site traffic.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its unfortunate that some of you cannot see past who is posing this

You are what you post.

You built your own reputation.

Your decrying of political threads is a valueless gesture soley because of who is giving the message.

You made your bed so don't cry about having to sleep in it.

edit on 7-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I Aquiesse, it is a good idea though.

edit on 7-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

hmmmm.....

not the most mature way I think to be looking at things.

I personally always like a clean debate, so when I see you in this thread for example, I only see you in this thread and not every other thread you and I have every had a discussion in.

Perhaps I hold some of my fellow members to too high of a standard

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I don't think it will ever happen or even come close to it, at this rate I think even a full day would be pushing it.

But its a bit of a interesting thought exercise, if it were not for the political threads what would be the hot-potato on ATS right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

hmmmm.....

I personally always like a clean debate, so when I see you in this thread for example, I only see you in this thread and not every other thread you and I have every had a discussion in.

You don't see me because I don't post in all those threads where you whine whine whine whine about Trump.

You want to end political threads on ATS. Be the example.

Edit: Again, you're hardly the judge of mature behavior unless you want to be a major hypocrite too.

edit on 7-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The reality is, it's become part and parcel of ATS, along with Millenials, X's, and whoevers. It's their vocabulary now. ATS will never be 'the good old days' again, time marches on, dinosaurs die and space parties emerge.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

hmmmm.....

You don't see me because I don't post in all those threads where you whine whine whine whine about Trump.

You want to end political threads on ATS. Be the example.

Or it could just be that I just take it on a thread on thread basis.

I actually don't write that many threads on Trump in comparison to lots of other members, however thats not really the topic of this thread as much as you might want to make it so.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I will go out of my way to find non-political threads and give them a star and a flag hoping it will get it to the front page for a lengthier discussion. I usually don't have the first hand knowledge to confidently speak about a lot science-based or astronomy threads, but I love reading the provided content, opinions and discussions. Same goes with geological and cryptozoology threads. They can fascinate me without me uttering a word about it.

It's been recommended to me to be the change I want to see and create more threads that I like. That's tough. I'm a 37 year old college student with a wife, a son and a mortgage. Most of my experiences in life come from military, hunting, hiking, fishing and camping. Point is...if I could provide more content on the intresting topics, I absolutely would. But my University doesn't offer much in Ufology and the Geology class I took, though captivating, was a challenge for someone 20 years removed from any sort of of science classroom.

I'm rambling. You bring up a good point. A week between now and the midterm elections would be great. But, you can't get the usuals to silence their posting. I'm pretty sure a few of them absolutely live for it, as annoying as it may sometimes be.

I'd love to read a thread or two on your opinions on hunting, fishing, and camping in the survival forum. That s one way a non-political thread gets created. If people do not create these non-political threads, then you won't see them here.

That is really the underlying point of this thread IMO.

If you just create a thread or post to complain, you are not helping to solve the problem, are you?

My dad always told me growing up, "Don't come to me with a problem,. unless you have a solution in mind. Anything less is whining, and I will not help you if you whine."

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here is my attempt to provide a solution beyond whining about too many political posts.

ATS, let's see your acrylic or watercolor paintings...

Where is yours?

edit on 10/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Posted yesterday..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Assassin82
I will go out of my way to find non-political threads and give them a star and a flag hoping it will get it to the front page for a lengthier discussion. I usually don't have the first hand knowledge to confidently speak about a lot science-based or astronomy threads, but I love reading the provided content, opinions and discussions. Same goes with geological and cryptozoology threads. They can fascinate me without me uttering a word about it.

It's been recommended to me to be the change I want to see and create more threads that I like. That's tough. I'm a 37 year old college student with a wife, a son and a mortgage. Most of my experiences in life come from military, hunting, hiking, fishing and camping. Point is...if I could provide more content on the intresting topics, I absolutely would. But my University doesn't offer much in Ufology and the Geology class I took, though captivating, was a challenge for someone 20 years removed from any sort of of science classroom.

I'm rambling. You bring up a good point. A week between now and the midterm elections would be great. But, you can't get the usuals to silence their posting. I'm pretty sure a few of them absolutely live for it, as annoying as it may sometimes be.

I'd love to read a thread or two on your opinions on hunting, fishing, and camping in the survival forum. That s one way a non-political thread gets created. If people do not create these non-political threads, then you won't see them here.

That is really the underlying point of this thread IMO.

If you just create a thread or post to complain, you are not helping to solve the problem, are you?

My dad always told me growing up, "Don't come to me with a problem,. unless you have a solution in mind. Anything less is whining, and I will not help you if you whine."

Sure, I have some ideas of threads I could post in there. In time, I'll put some up.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The combination of divisiveness , FBI deception, near revolt by the liberals and complete abandonment of facts by the mainstream media ......etc

Are probably biggest conspiracy ever.

This isn’t completely about politics and is right for the forum.

Was there fbi deception in their latest Kavanaugh investigation?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ATS was infiltrated long ago, you'll never see it end, in fact it will probably get more prevalent until they end up closing the forums we came here for 15 years ago

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Good idea OSOTC....and poses the question: anyone done a weekly count over 1 month÷4 weeks of how many threads in all forums total in a month?

That would be interesting to much of the membership I'm sure...but I'm too tired to total it up myself.

To your point..I've mentioned creating just a single forum where political everything daily is dumped. Those who don't wanna see them...won't have to.

I believe we're losing old and new members because the political climate has dominated the daily threads.

G'night OSOTCoin....thanks...best, MS
edit on 7-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: too much coffee at bedtime

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join