It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No political threads for a week.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Was thinking about this after posting on another thread, now I know it will never happen but lets pretend for a second.

What if.....

What if just for one week there was no left vs right political baiting threads on ATS, not a single thread about Trump or his evil followers in their battle with the libtards and snowflakes. Like a whole week where we just got back to taking about UFOs, 9/11, peak oil, the end of times and so on?

meh politics on ATS is really starting to bore me, yeah I know I post in political threads quite a bit but honestly I just find them all so repetative and tiresome. Its a case of the same crap different thread, one side who wants to pretend that the sun shines out of Trumps pert bleached A-hole and another convinced he is spawn of satan and is going to start WWIII any day now. Left vs right bickering to me isn't real political discussion its just trolling each-other until some other thread gets everyone on both sides triggered all over again.

I want to go back to the days of everyone agreeing that Bush is a moron and arguing about fake planes, 2012 and something called the Galactic Federation of Light, anyone else remember TImeWave Zero, or Operation BlackJack..... I want to get a warning from staff not because I called out a Trump supporter as being a retard but because I laughed at that one guy who thought the Simpsons was predicting the future.

Makes me wonder what this place would be like if we weren't all now in team left or team right, you know, like it was about 4 or 5 years ago.
edit on 7-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
won't happen
but good idea.

I might try but I get soooo tempted

leftist stupidity triggers me.
edit on 7-10-2018 by ElGoobero because: add line

link   
You don't have to read any political threads - or start them.
There are forums for UFO discussions and End of Times, etc.
Suggest you try them out.
edit on 7/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Like I say I know its never going to happen, this isn't a call for us not to write a single political thread, I am just wondering what it would be like.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am not sure if you realize this, but you could lead the charge by stop posting political threads.

What other people do if they are not interested in the topic is that they do not open the thread and reply to it.

Common sense solutions for your post-Kavanaugh depression.

Hope that helped!

😀

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

"....popcorn, fresh hot popcorn...1 dollar,
lanterns, bright shiny lanterns, 10 dollars,
pitchforks, sharp and pointy, 20 dollars,

popcorn...1 dollar..."

link   

link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Did you actually read the OP.....

Also I never really found the Kavanaugh case all that interesting, it wasn't something I commented on that much.

but meh.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well I must admit, I have been cheating on the political threads and satisfying my actual interests in quiet threads like this:www.abovetopsecret.com...
Not alota action, but it gets me to pull out my reference books and search the internet for actual mental stimulation.

Ive wound up spending hours in the evening researching the Bronze Age, its been a wonderful respit and I may leave the mind numbing politcal arena for good...I feel as though I have aged from all the ire.
edit on 7-10-2018 by BlueJacket because: gah

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The solution to everyone complaining about the current state of ATS is simple.

Create the kind of threads you'd like to see.

(instead of threads like this)

Post about bigfoot, tell us your UFO sightings and theories, Loch Ness monster, Mothman, whatever.

ATS is a reality you create yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

ATS is what the collective of members make it not the individual.

Right now the boards are just clogged up with political bickering, I think thats the point, I am just saying wouldn't it be interesting to see what would happen if it just kind of stopped for a week.

You know like Trump took a week off and well all kind of got over this stupid dogma of I am team left and you are team right.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This is the second thread I've seen just today with the same theme.

Like minded individuals can come together and fill the boards with non-political stories.

Put your back into it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The combination of divisiveness , FBI deception, near revolt by the liberals and complete abandonment of facts by the mainstream media ......etc

Are probably biggest conspiracy ever.

This isn’t completely about politics and is right for the forum.

edit on 7-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

No torches ?
Can't have a mob without torches.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Health and Safety regulations. Apparently.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I will go out of my way to find non-political threads and give them a star and a flag hoping it will get it to the front page for a lengthier discussion. I usually don't have the first hand knowledge to confidently speak about a lot science-based or astronomy threads, but I love reading the provided content, opinions and discussions. Same goes with geological and cryptozoology threads. They can fascinate me without me uttering a word about it.

It's been recommended to me to be the change I want to see and create more threads that I like. That's tough. I'm a 37 year old college student with a wife, a son and a mortgage. Most of my experiences in life come from military, hunting, hiking, fishing and camping. Point is...if I could provide more content on the intresting topics, I absolutely would. But my University doesn't offer much in Ufology and the Geology class I took, though captivating, was a challenge for someone 20 years removed from any sort of of science classroom.

I'm rambling. You bring up a good point. A week between now and the midterm elections would be great. But, you can't get the usuals to silence their posting. I'm pretty sure a few of them absolutely live for it, as annoying as it may sometimes be.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Motivation for me and a dozen others to start new topics asap.

eeehhhh ehh ehh ehh ehh

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I hope you take your own advice. You we're quite consistent for some time with one mud pit thread after another, typically more than one a day.

It's good to see that you have refrai Ed for some time. Would you like to join those of us who cover world war 3?? The UK is making some serious moves with it's military, Including deployment to Ukraine waters and calls for a permanent Marine deployment I think to Netherlands??

You could give us a hand in monitoring those actions.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Looks like 3 of your last 5 threads were political mud-pits.

You'd never make it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Looks like 3 of your last 5 threads were political mud-pits.

You'd never make it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join