It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't always get what you want

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have noticed for quite a while that Trump always ends his highly entertaining rallys with the Rolling Stones song " You can't always get what you want". I wonder if he does it as a final middle finger at the end of each really to extreme leftists who think they have a right to free stuff paid by their fellow taxpayers, which would be mostly paid for by the already overtaxed, overworked middle class.

Why do you think he chose that song?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Because the Rolling Stones said don't use our song LOL never tell President Trump not to do something!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite

...never tell President Trump not to do something!

Let me try: Hey President Trump! Don't act like an asshole and stay the hell off Twitter!

Let's see what he does.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The funny thing is that when my kids were little and would start throwing a fit in the car over not getting their way I would always play that song for them. They still hate this song and it's probably been 15 yrs ago.
edit on 7-10-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
Because the Rolling Stones said don't use our song LOL never tell President Trump not to do something!

So your claiming the rolling stones asked Trump to respect their art... Then in response, Trump decided to base his whole political posture on taunting the Rolling stones with their own song?

I guess it actually makes sense though, considering we're talking about Trump here.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Obvious answer is Obvious.

So someone would make a thread on ATS about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

He originally played it when he won the Republican nomination by 38%.

Establishment Republicans didn't want him.

Democrats hate him.

Think about the whole lyric.

" You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes you find, you get what you need."

I always thought it rather fitting.

edit on 7-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: MRinder

He originally played it when he won the Republican nomination by 38%.

Establishment Republicans didn't want him.

Democrats hate him.

Think about the whole lyric.

" You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes you find, you get what you need."

I always thought it rather fitting.

Thank you. That's incredibly fitting.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
I have noticed for quite a while that Trump always ends his highly entertaining rallys with the Rolling Stones song " You can't always get what you want". I wonder if he does it as a final middle finger at the end of each really to extreme leftists who think they have a right to free stuff paid by their fellow taxpayers, which would be mostly paid for by the already overtaxed, overworked middle class.

He started that on election night didn't he? That's the first time I remember hearing it was after he gave his victory speech. If my memory is accurate, that's obviously trolling, and professional trolling at that.

Edit: In light of Lumenari's post, seems my memory didn't go back far enough.
edit on 7 10 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

join