It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Calls for Abolishing Electoral College: ‘Shadow of Slavery’s Power’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

What are liberal Democrats in the cities getting, that makes them happy with the Democrat party? I don't get how high crime and high taxes makes those citizens happy?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm not sure they think they're getting anything.

Sometimes, I think they just think they're punishing everyone else.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The thought processes of these people is like some strange species of parasite.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because they don't have control of the rural areas they blame gun violence on "stolen" weapons or "lax" laws allowing the criminals to drive hundreds of miles to get guns to use against the people of the cities.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Only she and the upper level tier of government would have chocolate. The rest of us would be fighting in the streets for the last Hershey Bar. (Note: I probably wouldn't fight you for the Hershey, but I sure would for a Godiva.)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Best meme ever!

Right click, and save.

Spread the wealth.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What are liberal Democrats in the cities getting, that makes them happy with the Democrat party? I don't get how high crime and high taxes makes those citizens happy?

I've been asking myself that question for a long time. I don't know.

It's as if they're enslaved to the democrat party. Democrats assume they own these places, and they OWN the black and minorities votes. Perhaps keeping inner cities impoverished, crime riddled and dependent is a part of that.

Who knows?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes let’s get rid of the very thing that makes us a constitutional republic, seems legit! The reason? Oh it’s too old fashioned and it’s “caused” the loss of a few elections for the democrats. Seems like plenty of reason to change the fundamental basis of our great nation....SMH these people are a joke, a sad one at that...
edit on 10/7/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Think too fast type too slow >< the 2nd

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They have played the carrot-on-a-stick game with them for decades.

So many of them are waking up now. The really brave ones are speaking out unafraid but they are getting whipped and bruised. But, as they stand their ground and continue to pull free, others are and will continue to join with them.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Yes let’s get rid of thevery thing that makes us a constitutional republic, seems legit! The reason? Oh it’s too old fashioned and it’s cause the loss of a few elections for the democrats. Seems like plenty of reason to change the fundamental basis of our great nation....SMH these people are a joke, a sad one at that...

They are still counting on the stupid and uninformed. They use brainwashed academia and the dishonest news media to push their agenda and continue to influence and cajole the masses into believing they have the answers. SMH is right.
edit on 7-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I hope they never shut her up and that she is able to keep speaking freely.

She is the epitome of the Leftist Authoritarian Party.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The future of the morally bankrupt and repulsive demwit (purposeful misspelling for effect) party! When your asinine ideals fail you too many times do you reevaluate and make positive changes? Nah that would be too sensible you just double down on your insane policies. The demwit party is the most backwards vindictive political party there’s every been IMO.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Democrats depend on the plantation politics agenda.

They discovered the Stockholm Syndrome works !!!

💥😎💥

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's as apt a description as any.

To abolish the electoral college would bring about, maybe I'm overstating it, maybe not, another Civil War.

Perhaps even the eventual Balkanization of the country into many smaller countries.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a Constitutional illiterate. The Electoral College is hard-coded into our Constitution (Article 2, Section 1, and in the 12th Amendment). Neither executive edict nor legislation can eliminate it.

Only a plurality of states through a convention can eliminate it. Given that this state plurality is controlled by the GOP, elimination won't happen. This is all moot...smoke and mirrors by the Borg left.

The Electoral College is 100% integral to our form of government; it represents the absolute epitome of state's rights. Eliminating it would require all states to abandon their constitutions, legislative branches, and sovereignty ceding all power to the federal government. Anyone who thinks this will actually happen is an abject moron.
edit on 7-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Is it just me or does she look kinda like a Llama?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

You win the interwebs for the day!!!

There is no way in Hell, the smaller states would even touch this. It's a fail before it even begins.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I see where your going with that... If she were to fall into a volcano while vacationing... let me put that another way... were a comet to crash into her house while she was ...... you get my drift..

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: infolurker

Is it just me or does she look kinda like a Llama?

or an Alpaca

👢

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
She's dimmer than a blown light bulb!
How did she get this far?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join