It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says Washington Post Bloomberg journalist was murdered in Saudi Consulate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
news link bbc

Fears are growing over missing Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi, after Turkish officials said they believed he had been murdered. Mr Khashoggi, a Saudi national, went missing after visiting the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Tuesday.

A Turkish official told the BBC that initial investigations indicated he was murdered there.

Saudi Arabia has denied the accusations, saying it is "working to search for him".

The Washington Post said it would be a "monstrous and unfathomable act" if he had been killed.

An official of Turkey's ruling AK Party told broadcaster CNN Turk there was concrete evidence in the case, although none has yet been presented.

Details of Turkey and Saudi claims in the article

Who is Jamal Khashoggi?

He is a high-profile critic of the crown prince. Mr Khashoggi, 59, has more than 1.6 million Twitter followers and has written for the Washington Post opinion section. The crown prince has unveiled reforms praised by the West while carrying out an apparent crackdown on dissent. Human and women's rights activists, intellectuals and clerics have been arrested - meanwhile, Saudi Arabia is waging a war in Yemen that has triggered a humanitarian crisis.

A former editor of the al-Watan newspaper and a short-lived Saudi TV news channel, Mr Khashoggi was for years seen as close to the Saudi royal family. He served as an adviser to senior Saudi officials. After several of his friends were arrested, his column was cancelled by the al-Hayat newspaper and he was allegedly warned to stop tweeting, Mr Khashoggi left Saudi Arabia for the US, from where he wrote opinion pieces for the Washington Post and continued to appear on Arab and Western TV channels. "I have left my home, my family and my job, and I am raising my voice," he wrote in September 2017. "To do otherwise would betray those who languish in prison. I can speak when so many cannot." The Washington Post on Friday blanked out his column in support.

While the Turks are saying 'concrete evidence' , this could wash up to be quite an interesting development , in the context of relations being already strained between the two countries . The Turks and their supporters may be unwilling to let this go . Can't see how blanking out his posts is any form of support
edit on 7-10-2018 by DoctorBluechip because: add link

edit on 7-10-2018 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2018 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I read enough in the first paragraph.
“Mr. khasabbagi is a Saudi National working for New York Post”.
That’s one of their own, not American.
Ask the UN to take care of it, the Saudi’s are in charge there I believe. Haha!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I read enough in the first paragraph.
“Mr. khasabbagi is a Saudi National working for New York Post”.
That’s one of their own, not American.
Ask the UN to take care of it, the Saudi’s are in charge there I believe. Haha!

Saw “Washington Post writer” and any amount of 💩 I had to give immediately left me... let the Turks and Saudi’s fight it out... hopefully with mass casualties...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

The world is turning into a Frederick Forsyth novel , crazy times.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Very true , and about all that can be said about it , with any certainty . Can't help imagining how he might have been liquidized and then flushed , in keeping with the intrigue. I suppose they have a diplomatic immunity of sorts too , and he must have annoyed them .

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
He has likely gone out in a diplomatic trunk from the consulate.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

The world is turning into a Frederick Forsyth novel , crazy times.

You can tell when the threads that deal with very damning geopolitical ramifications get a few flags and comments.

Most people have been parroting MSM political news rather than stories with substance or impact.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's BIG DEAL when a journalist is in danger.

But the media ignores the U.S. priest being held in Turkey, just like they did Otto Warmbier, held hostage by North Korea.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The Saudi's literally cut him up into pieces with a bone saw and flew away with em while his fiancee waited outside for 18 hours. In case anyone cares for an update.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype
The Saudi's literally cut him up into pieces with a bone saw and flew away with em while his fiancee waited outside for 18 hours. In case anyone cares for an update.

"Sources say"

We don't know the truth yet. If true, I'm not sure what can be done.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The Saudis are going to blame 'rogue operatives' and throw some intelligence operatives under the bus for getting caught. Then the whole thing goes away quietly (with probably some bribes to Turkey under the table). Case closed, job done, back to making money. The news will be on to something else next week.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
October 17, 2018

Audio has surfaced of his torture and murder.
www.news.com.au... 5d44d81bd955ca2120748a7c

new topics

top topics

join