It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not even kidding. Dems double down on Kavanaugh

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

In the course of its investigation, the FBI decided to reach out to eleven people, ten of whom agreed to be interviewed. The FBI reached out to all witnesses with potential firsthand knowledge of the allegations. The FBI provided to the Senate 12 detailed FD-302 reports summarizing their interviews with the witnesses as well as supporting materials cited by the witnesses during their interviews.

link

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: ketsuko

He did not have the record of someone who should be on the court. BUSH JR, had to lobby GOP senators to make sure he passed...

His record and actions prior to his appointment to the appellate court should have had his nomination thrown out before it started. Might be why the White House made sure to hide 100,000 of documents from that era and why Kavanaugh himself lied about his actions during those years during not just the most resent nomination but his first back in 2006.

BTW Kagan 13-6 and Sotomayor also 13-6 in committee. Both got over 60 votes in the final count meaning a few GOP had to cross the line.

She has said why many times as to why she didnt come out sooner. Anonymity of the alleged victim due to the victims request. Also I am not so sure it was secret from the rest of the committee. Their reactions specifically being able to find and get "60" women to say he never raped me so quickly points to them knowing ahead of the allegations.

I am still not sure why people are so scared of a FIOA request about the FBI's investigation.

history isn't your strong suit, is it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Tell me what does the democrats removing the 60 vote requirement for lower judges because of Mitch McConnell's lust for power have to do with what I said?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good on them. Like I said though I didnt know what rules they were following as I dont know how the FBI conducts background checks like this, especially ones that are controlled like this one was.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I didnt know what rules they were following as I dont know how the FBI conducts background checks like this, especially ones that are controlled like this one was.

Then might I suggest learning before making bold statements that are completely at odds with reality? Or at least questioning instead of exclaiming fantasy? You might get a little more respect and you will definitely understand better.

ATS is an awesome forum for sharing knowledge.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think they should keep doing exactly what they are now. it's doing nothing but helping galvanize the right.

Think long and hard about that. Do you really think they don't know this? Things aren't always what they seem.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

ATS needs more people like you, actually taking time to share some knowlededge. Instead of the usual im better than you because I know more than you.

Bravo

@pyle you might want to listen to some of the advice you've been given on here.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Thank you, but I feel I have gained more knowledge from ATS than I have given. Sometimes I'll just read a thread and never post... it's my way of trying to learn the facts.

I even had Phage school me once on the Arctic melt situation...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Well to be fair. Phage used to school most people on this site 😀

I dont post much, i can usually identify with posters on here who can explain my viewpoint, much more eloquently than I can.

Thanks for that btw 👌

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Yeah, but I usually school Phage on Global Warming.

It just goes to show that no matter how smart someone thinks they are, there is still more to be learned.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I didnt know what rules they were following as I dont know how the FBI conducts background checks like this, especially ones that are controlled like this one was.

Then might I suggest learning before making bold statements that are completely at odds with reality? Or at least questioning instead of exclaiming fantasy? You might get a little more respect and you will definitely understand better.

ATS is an awesome forum for sharing knowledge.

TheRedneck

People make mistakes. I admitted to mine and you feel you have to be an asshole about it? No wonder people are so stuck in their ways around here. Admitting mistakes apparently makes you worthy of ridicule. And to think people are cheering on this dickish attitude...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Did any of you even watch the Senator Collins speech?
I'm betting most of you were so happy to see a democrat "flip" that you didn't even listen to what she had to say.
In order to support Kavanaugh as a conservative, I would have to trust that he's lying about certain positions just to gain democrat support.
How ironic is that?
And what if he's not lying?

edit on 7-10-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Senator Collins is not a Democrat, she is Republican.

Yes, I heard her speech. She went over the points that led to her decision.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Bone75

Senator Collins is not a Democrat, she is Republican.

Well darn. That was embarrassing.

She still made a good case for why we shouldn't trust the guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Admitting to a mistake is simply not as impressive when one continues to make the same mistake over and over. At that point, it becomes willful ignorance instead of simple ignorance.

While simple ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, willful ignorance is worthy of ridicule IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Tell me what does the democrats removing the 60 vote requirement for lower judges because of Mitch McConnell's lust for power have to do with what I said?

BTW Kagan 13-6 and Sotomayor also 13-6 in committee. Both got over 60 votes in the final count meaning a few GOP had to cross the line.

the vote requirements have changed, and that no longer is relevant. I honestly can't make it any easier to comprehend than that.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

FOIA is the only way a House member will be able to see the documents because they were hidden. I guess the right-wing doesnt care about investigations anymore.

That's because of the official "intent" behind them is a lie.

The entire charade everyone already witnessed has proven the left's deceitful self representation is all just power plays ever since Hillary lost, and the reason she lost was exactly caused by the same thing you are doing, and what the democrat party is still doing, but still expecting different results.

And you haven't learned what that means just like the entire democrat party.

There is no therapy that can cure this type of insanity except for spiritual repentance.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I think they should keep doing exactly what they are now. it's doing nothing but helping galvanize the right.

Think long and hard about that. Do you really think they don't know this? Things aren't always what they seem.

if the machine is good enough to manufacture idiots, and then convince them to support the idiotic idea, what chance is there to defeat the machine? Your next 5 moves are already data points. today's generation will be lost without something we all took for granted. Faith.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

if the machine is good enough to manufacture idiots, and then convince them to support the idiotic idea, what chance is there to defeat the machine? Your next 5 moves are already data points. today's generation will be lost without something we all took for granted. Faith.

I have faith that blind loyalty to Trump is gonna bite us in the ass.

Do you think Kavanaugh would vote to overturn Roe vs. Wade?

If so, then why?

What gives you that impression?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Shows me that if they cannot even run a smear campaign that doesn't cause them to self immolate, that they are certainly not fit to run a country.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join