It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not even kidding. Dems double down on Kavanaugh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

After Kavanaugh confirmation, Pelosi vows to unearth FBI docs as Dems demand impeachment inquiry Gregg Re By Gregg Re | Fox News

www.foxnews.com...

Before and immediately after the Senate narrowly voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court on Saturday, top Democrats vowed that they would continue to fight -- not only at the ballot box in November's midterm elections, but also through further investigations and potentially even impeachment proceedings afterwards.

On Saturday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi announced she planned to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to obtain documents related to the FBI's supplemental probe of Kavanaugh, which senators said showed no corroboration of the decades-old sexual misconduct allegations against him. FBI background checks on judicial nominees have traditionally been kept confidential so that only senators, White House officials, and certain aides can view them.

“In purposefully limiting the FBI investigation, it is clear the Republicans were not seeking the truth,” Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote in a statement. “They were seeking cover to do what they wanted to do anyway. To add insult to injury, they blocked the public’s access to the report.” Pelosi also requested any communications from Senate Republicans to the FBI concerning the scope of the investigation. Congress is legally exempt from FOIA requirements, and it was not immediately clear to what extent the FBI would respond to Pelosi's request.

Pelosi is helping the right as much as Avanatti. What can I say, but ....thanks?

This is a really strange time. Hillary doubles down on deplorables, when it cost her the election last time, it's almost like they are wanting things to go this way. I get that a lot of this is political theater, but I haven't known a group to look for failure since McCain ran for president to be sure Obama won. These are strange times indeed.
edit on Sun Oct 7 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Paragraphs added!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

FOIA is the only way a House member will be able to see the documents because they were hidden. I guess the right-wing doesnt care about investigations anymore.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think the Democrats screwed the pooch for the midterms and Nancy is now carrying the smoldering torch . Not only did they fire the conservatives up. The Dems also lost one of the time honored tools in their bag of dirty tricks .

They love to start a smear campaign in the 11th hour of any election. ( To be honest it’s been reliable tactic for both sides ). But this year when they try it conservative political ads will point back to the Kavanaugh fiasco and expose that tactic which will discredit it whether it’s true or not and it will also fire up the conservative base . ( win win )

I don’t know whether I want to see honest elections or see the Republicans use that tactic while the Democrats are forced to sit back and eat humble pie.

But either way the Democrats just kneecapped theirself .

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It’s nothing but wishful thinking for them.

They need 2/3 of senators votes for something like that, not gonna happen.

Democrats are like the old man who keeps hitting himself in the head with a hammer. People ask him, ‘Why do you keep doing that’?

He replied, ‘because when I stop, it feels soooo good’.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Uhhhh. . . . . .

So dems are doubling down on proven false allegations on a Supreme Court Justice.

And in addition are running on raising taxes.

And people still vote for them?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

FOIA is the only way a House member will be able to see the documents because they were hidden. I guess the right-wing doesnt care about investigations anymore.

I think they should keep doing exactly what they are now. it's doing nothing but helping galvanize the right. If they find something that makes Kavanaugh a bad guy, they they will have grounds to impeach him, and rightly so. But if they can't find the smoking gun, it will just be another witch hunt. Burn the witch.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The only thing I can figure is that some how if they continue the drama their idiot base will think they have something... Which they don't. I am pretty sure this is a losing strategy because they already have their idiot hard core voters convinced that any woman who says she was assaulted or raped by any man is always telling the truth no matter what her own witnesses say. My hope is that they piss of trump enough that he has Ford and the other accusers investigated for lying as well as Feinstein for working with the accusers to try to manipulate witnesses.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Let em release everything. It's too late. The arrests of America traitors will hopefully commence soon. Releasing the investigative docs will not help the DNC communist fascists one bit. The bill is due. Time for them to pay.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I think the Democrats screwed the pooch for the midterms and Nancy is now carrying the smoldering torch . Not only did they fire the conservatives up. The Dems also lost one of the time honored tools in their bag of dirty tricks .

They love to start a smear campaign in the 11th hour of any election. ( To be honest it’s been reliable tactic for both sides ). But this year when they try it conservative political ads will point back to the Kavanaugh fiasco and expose that tactic which will discredit it whether it’s true or not and it will also fire up the conservative base . ( win win )

I don’t know whether I want to see honest elections or see the Republicans use that tactic while the Democrats are forced to sit back and eat humble pie.

But either way the Democrats just kneecapped theirself .

Nancy describes how to do a wrap-up smear; short video www.c-span.org.../wrap-smear

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

"it's a tactic and it's self evident." Yep, and easily spotted.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Feinstein says to keep it under wraps but Schumer wants it out. DiFi is nervous about the content. I predict that the GOP holds off releasing it until the Dems beg for it and then let it provide an October surprise. The third week in October should do the trick. This may lead to DiFi's retirement.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

As congressman they already had access to them.,

All GD SEVEN FBI background investigations.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

As congressman they already had access to them.,

All GD SEVEN FBI background investigations.

Wrong only the Senate got access to all the information. Pelosi is in the House. Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Feinstein says to keep it under wraps but Schumer wants it out. DiFi is nervous about the content. I predict that the GOP holds off releasing it until the Dems beg for it and then let it provide an October surprise. The third week in October should do the trick. This may lead to DiFi's retirement.

Cool neither of those people are members of the House, who didnt have access to the information.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Bull effing snip.

If Pelosi really want to know what was in them all she'd have to do is hire Fusion GPS via Perkins Coie.

It's nothing but a political stunt because their sore GD losers.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

That will make a great clip for an ad !

Go Nancy mow the grass and keep going conservatives love you more and more .

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Uhhhh. . . . . .

So dems are doubling down on proven false allegations on a Supreme Court Justice.

And in addition are running on raising taxes.

And people still vote for them?

Let's not forget that they are also running on:
Open borders

Sanctuary cities, which are meant to shield illegal immigrants that committed crimes

US taxpayers paying for illegal immigrants healthcare and other benefits

Believing all "survivors" simply based on them accusing a man of rape or assault

Taxpayer funded college tuition

Destroying American jobs in the name of the blessed mother climate change

Unlimited political correctness

Bathrooms that our children are forced to share with people who are considered women because they feel like women at that moment.. have you seen the whole gender fluidity bs?

America never was great and apparently should never try to be great

How can they not win the election? LMFAO

Their slogan is going to have to be something like Make America A Living Hell
edit on 7-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Or the House wants to know whats going on with the New supreme court judge since they are not part of the process.

+2 more 
link   

Pelosi also requested any communications from Senate Republicans to the FBI concerning the scope of the investigation.

And yet all communications from Ford and her 'attorney's' and democrats was REFUSED.

link   

a reply to: neo96

Or the House wants to know whats going on with the New supreme court judge since they are not part of the process.

Boo hoo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join