It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asbestos Buried On Farm Advice Wanted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's a dilemma.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I have to ask, but think that the answer would be no...but...
did she want you to bury it? if so, did you?
how are you sure that she didn't hire someone to do it?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It is indeed i suppose.

But if you done a job and they refuse to pay then they are essentially taking the piss just because they can.

You need to take the initiative, it should be them that's on their toes not you as they are the ones with something to hide.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

I like my head attached to my shoulders.

Yet you’re fine with an anonymous underhanded attack, let’s be real now there’s a very good reason you brought up the lack of payment. I’m going to go out on a limb your were (probably) complaining about said lack of payment to the party that informed you of said asbestos burial. If anything you should take them to small claims on principle so they won’t do the next person dirty as well. You don’t continue to let them get away with the BS just because you think they’re too rich and powerful. Stand up for what’s right if that’s really what you’re concerned with. I’m in no way trying to make you look bad or anything but look at it from an outside perspective the OP seemed like someone who was trying to get moral support for a vindictive action as to have a clean conscious as some random people would be backing you. There are also other options you can do that would work just aw well and maintain face for you while protecting the environment. Contact a local TV station and clue them in to the shady and illegal behavior and perhaps they will do an expose before the material can be buried you would be anonymous and wouldn’t be going to full action that would result in huge fines for the party if the attention gets them to do the right thing. If they don’t do the right thing after being exposed then the authorities will take action of their own will and you don’t have to worry about anything.
edit on 10/7/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Think too fast type too slow > extra DIV

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

She would have instructed whoever was working there to bury it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This sort of behaviour is endless with them. It takes a strong will and a sense of service to remain in their employment.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Are we taking a few sheets of the stuff or a few tons?

The difference being the logistics involved nevermind the level of criminality.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

She would have instructed whoever was working there to bury it.
that sound like a non answer, you aree working there and this the statement doesn’t implicitly exclude you from the pool of people involved. This also might explain why you wouldn’t want to take legal action as you were (possibly) part of the whole “conspiracy”. Not trying to bust ya down but how hard is it say no I was just their framing up the new residence? Or hanging drywall or whatever the case may be?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Had some nasty employers myself in the past.

Its always the entitled bastards that don't want to pay their bills.

Probably how they retain the silver spoon where the sun dont shine truth be told.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It would take them about two seconds to work out it's me, so not really anonymous.

And if they do happen to read this, I deeply regret this thread about their friend. It was a cheap shot. We all know parliament runs on coke, how else could they come up with such crazy stuff?

Sorry Dave C., giz a hug. test.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7 10 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Don't know. I've known for a long time burying something caused the landslip, only just found out it was asbestos.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Legal action and me don't exist in the same universe.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Totally.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So has the landslip exposed the buried asbestos?

Just wondering as to the danger presented to the public?

There is also a concern that particulate matter from the site may enter into the water table.

Not sure as to whether or not that would pose a significant danger, but i don't imagine humans or livestock ingesting the stuffs a good idea.
edit on 7-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

maybe I am wrong but wouldn't it take some time for what they had buried to have decomposed to the point to cause a landslip? were you even employed by them when this was done?
are you just assuming that they had someone bury the stuff?
or have they come out and told you they did?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, it's just big cracks in the ground, presumably down hill from the burial site. Not really sure how the digging has caused the landslip. Would take some investigation but if I tried it I'd run the risk of shotgun pellets in the rear.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The information is reliable.

I think everyone is regretting me ever having been employed there, me included. I think too much, and ask questions. I wasn't there at the time of the digging but I had opportunities to wonder about the landslip while working in that field.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Sounds like a rural dilemma there considering if firearms or shotgun pellets were ever discharged anywhere in or around a town or city armed Police would be in there like swimwear rather sharpish.

Do they patrol the place armed?

If so they may have more than just some buried asbestos to hide, just a thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you knew the score and now they ain't paid you you're gonna grass them up.
Plenty of stuff buried on UK farms, I wouldn't do business with a grass.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Names and wealth bring a different type of policing. I was warned when I moved to the area that some police there are eager to show favourtism towards the rich, famous and royalty that live around there, probably less so now than years ago.

They'd only be out with guns for pheasant shooting or sheep-worrying dogs, or to respond to trespassers. Bearing in mind trespassers could easily be people with very bad intentions. That is one of the things I respect them for. They stick up for themselves whenever dodgy types turn up trying it on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join