It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing the good old ATS days? Suggestion to get back to them...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hey, I try.

I am constantly scouring the interwebs for interesting topics. When I do come across it, I post it.

But, I am only one person so,

Groot posts stuff

Be like Groot

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
All of the conspiracies are related to politics & government/military disclosure of top secret information, like secret space programs/spaceship fleets/space weapons, time travel, zero-point energy, extra-terrestrials, inter-dimensional beings, lizard people, brain control/programming, pandemic diseases, weather modification, Mandela effect, etc..

The globalist's CIA run mainstream media propagandists have been intentionally trying to overthrow the USA's constitutional republic since the 1960s & though you don't like seeing this on ATS, it's the most important issue to the USA and the world right now to restore & preserve the USA's constitutional republic. There's over 50 years of destruction caused by the globalists, over 100 years if one includes the Federal Reserve Bank's founding in 1913, or the suspension of the constitution in 1933 through FDR's emergency war powers (known as NDAA today). All this stuff need's to be overturned in order to restore our constitutional republic. We're only 2 1/2 years in the process. We still have a very long way to go. ATS is one of a few venues where sensitive information is allowed to be discussed & brought into light.
edit on 7-10-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Havoc40k

The most active members prefer partisan political conversations above all the other topics. You can look at ATS from this month in 2013 (five years ago!) and see political threads beginning to pop up more. The Mud Pit had been created which shows that hostile political discourse (bickering and triggering each other) was becoming more popular on ATS even then.

You and I have been here for ten years each. For half of those ten ATS has been increasingly dominated by politics. For anyone fresh who joined post-2013, politics and The Mud Pit is all they've known. Many of them will only be on ATS for the sport of political mud slinging.

Whoa!! I came here for the upcoming 2012 and Aliens.
This change started in 2013?? Which is just after December 2012 right? I knew the Mayans would prove to be right in the end. A shift in human existence.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Havoc40k
SO, for all of you who are keen to see this happen, please pipe up and reply here. Let's Speak to the ATS Overlords and see if we can get our goofy spooks-and-spaceships corner of the internet back!

You would be addressing the wrong people. The themes of ATS threads are controlled by the people who write threads.
If you want more spooks and aliens threads, you must persuade somebody to write them.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
You can look at ATS from this month in 2013 (five years ago!) and see political threads beginning to pop up more. The Mud Pit had been created which shows that hostile political discourse (bickering and triggering each other) was becoming more popular on ATS even then.

In fact the "strange topics" aspect of ATS was effectively killed off by the fiasco of 2012. Six months into 2013, it was already possible to see the signs of reduced frequency of new posts and threads.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe they could create a LIVE page where you can filter out certain forums. Would that meet everyone's needs?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Kandinsky

What I find funny about it all, is that yes politics has always played a part of ATS, but it’s done a complete 180 degree turn...

“Back then” it was all about taking our guns (still sorta happening), FEMA camps, marks on your letterbox, false flags and the like.

Now?

Well, crickets.

I guess when a Democrat is president again, these things will be back.

In all fairness there was a Republican President when almost everything you mentioned began on this site (this is my second account... can’t even remember what my first name was here but I’ve been here since damn near the beginning and forgot my old log in info)...

ObaMao was merely a carry over of Bush era politics which went to show that there really was no difference between a progressive Republican and a progressive Democrat... 90% of the time you could attribute a Chuck Schumer quote to John McCain and nobody would blink an eye that it wasn’t him that said it...

The atmosphere here really changed when Trump came about... because all the “Tea Party” people saw that he was the one that could and would actually do what we all wanted Ron Paul in office for... and while he’s far from perfect he is effective as hell at doing what he stated he would... drain the swamp and kill off Hydra... err... the “Deep State”... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So I am part of the problem, I know I am part of the problem, but I am but a small part of said problem.

Its the Mud-pit, actually its just politics in general taken over.

In the old days ATS has 3 basic sub-devisions if you like AboveTopSecret, BelowTopSecret and AbovePolitics, I think moving back to that kind of structure would help a bit. The reality is however that ATS is no long a conspiracy forum, its a right leaning political forum that just so happens to also talk about a bunch of conspiracy stuff from time to time but really for the post part if you look at the home page of ATS its all politics.

The other day I posted a quick thread about how the head of Interpol has gone missing, I can recall a time when that would have been right up at the top of the ATS home page. It would have sent everyones conspiracy brain into overdrive, but apparently some guy who was in the running for the Supreme Court was causing a bit of a fuss because he likes beer last week so nobody really pays much attention to that stuff now.

Most of the old members have just left, like guys and galls who used to post amazing stuff are gone, it used to be that members who posted really though provoking and original conspiracies were the revered ones of this little online community now it seems to be those who have the best pro-Trump mantra.

My advice at the end of all of this is go to reddit.

Your mistake OP is thinking this place is still a conspiracy site

EDIT:

On thinking about it I think that its more than just the content its the way the site functions just now, this post took ages to load up, the site quite often just stops and takes a age to load up. Then we have the U2U system not quite working right, we can't even put punctuation into thread titles and who else remembers ATS chat that was good fun. I think if we are looking to return to the glory days then something has to be done about site functionality and (sorry mods) but site moderation also needs some work.
edit on 7-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree that the site is in dire need of an update. Make it easier to post pictures and edit live feed to topics you enjoy. There’s also a really big problem with knowing the politics of others.
I really think some good threads die because of their political affiliations. Like “oh, yea, this guy again, it’s one of those people”, attack, flush, move on. I try really hard to engage political opposites on non political threads to find things we have in common. Just as I do in the real world.
Maybe the mud pit should suffer a server failure for a few days.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

I agree that the site is in dire need of an update. Make it easier to post pictures and edit live feed to topics you enjoy. There’s also a really big problem with knowing the politics of others.
I really think some good threads die because of their political affiliations. Like “oh, yea, this guy again, it’s one of those people”, attack, flush, move on. I try really hard to engage political opposites on non political threads to find things we have in common. Just as I do in the real world.
Maybe the mud pit should suffer a server failure for a few days.

I have a huge problem with that just now.

I personally like a clean debate, so when I see you for example in a thread I see you only in this one thread and not in any others we may have previously engaged in.

Not all members are like this however and very often I find myself having often feeling like people are attacking the ball and not the player. You could write up a really good thoughtful thread but if your name is OtherSideOfTheCoin for example, there seem to be a small group of members who just respond to the username and not the member.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its the Mud-pit, actually its just politics in general taken over.

The other day I posted a quick thread about how the head of Interpol has gone missing,

Most of the old members have just left, like guys and galls who used to post amazing stuff are gone, it used to be that members who posted really though provoking and original conspiracies were the revered ones of this little online community now it seems to be those who have the best pro-Trump mantra.

My advice at the end of all of this is go to reddit.

You see I didn't even notice your thread about the head of interpol, which as you say is an interesting story. Because the 'new topics' tab was just filled with Kavanaugh tripe and 'hurrr, libruhls are stoopid' posts. And you can only read a few of those subject lines before you go away to a less toxic website like Reddit.

And yes I agree with you about the mod problem. (Sorry Mods.) But when you have moderators on ATS who are actively trolling users who don't also have far-right-Trumpian political views, then you've got a serious problem.

Also when mods delete threads like these where users are trying to have conversations about ways to try and save ATS, that really doesn't help either. (Sorry again mods.)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

To be fair I have noticed a few far-right members recently seem to have been removed by the mods.

I think there are a few mods who need to check their behaviour on political threads and while yes they are members also they should also be the example and some do fail at that but many actually do a really good job. Also I think a big problem is that there just seem to be so few of them.

I personally wouldn't want to be a mod before anyone makes any accusations but I think that is part of the problem we need more mods, ideally ones who are not active on political threads who can moderate them more independently.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I personally wouldn't want to be a mod before anyone makes any accusations but I think that is part of the problem we need more mods, ideally ones who are not active on political threads who can moderate them more independently.

Imagine you're a mod who doesn't engage in the political mudpit, now imagine someone asked you to dredge through it every day as a mod. This is part of the problem when it comes to modding forums. I simply wouldn't have the patience to mod that forum were I a mod (and no I wouldn't want to be one either, thank you mods that do show patience).

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Seiko

Another good argument for getting rid of the mud pit.

Because I see in just the half hour since I checked this thread, there's yet another 'hurr, libruhls are stoopid, starrrr meeee' post up on ATS. And I just despair. Also very done with this place.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
For on suggestion: More than just a few sharing non political topics needs to happen. I've tried in the past, as others have. However, that's only part of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I personally wouldn't want to be a mod . . .

I could not agree more.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You made a good point there.

Also, the difference between now and then , was that even though camp FEMA, FFs, 9/11, etc., were not bound by a partisan side on this site at least. Now you have to be one or the other, or someone will pick it for you.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ATS will go back to normal when the leftist authoritarians lose the culture war.

ATS is one of the last places where critical thinking individuals can express their beliefs without fear of losing our jobs and social standing because of our beliefs.

Democrats have created a climate where open discussion has all but broke down and virtual pissing matches are all the rage. If you try and debate someone in person your liable to get roundhouse kicked to the head.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Without sounding too nostalgic or romanticising the 'old ATS,' it does appear like we're more about our differences than what we have in common. In other words, I agree.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

What I find funny about it all, is that yes politics has always played a part of ATS, but it’s done a complete 180 degree turn...

“Back then” it was all about taking our guns (still sorta happening), FEMA camps, marks on your letterbox, false flags and the like.

Now?

Well, crickets.

I guess when a Democrat is president again, these things will be back.

"Back then" the threads would be the obvious conspiracy about why there are so many Russian connections to the Russian Mob in the white house. We would have been fiercely digging to finding connections between the Russians and members of this administration, including at the top.

I came here for 2012 and ghosts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join