It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Christine B Ford Be held accountable? perjury obstruction making false claims FBI results?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Grabbing someone without prior consent is assault. You don't get a free grab, and then it only becomes assault the second time.

So what is the standard now... You want everything to be black or white and when it comes to this we are talking extreme grays... Are two kids fighting on the play ground attempted murder now?

The gray area is that what one person finds extremely desirable may be the exact same thing another person finds unwanted. There is little feedback as to how far a person can go by doing nothing while waiting for some verbal OK.

As example, a guy goes to kiss a girl and she pulls away and says no, or I don't want to... that is a great feedback and the guy better stop, but she wants to kiss and at some point he reaches for more and she pulls his hand away and tells him not that etc...another good feedback etc.

The problem is both parties need feedback based on action...That feedback is to continue or stop... not much more to it all. You are suggesting a person needs to ask I guess such as, may I now kiss you, may I now cup your breast so on and so on and that will never happen as even the woman would typically find that very weird...lol

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If you're being judged on your ethics, they should historically reflect what is considered correct in the present day.

Our ethics/morals adjust through life as society sets/adjusts/makes them. You seem to think that with ethics/morals they are always evolving into something better and that is not always true. They just reflect what society deems as correct today, not tomorrow or yesterdays... Things OK today may have been not OK in the past and could not be OK in the future, and vice versa.

Back in 1980 I could drink and drive at 18 and a cop would tell me to just slow down and go home, does that make me a bad person today where I will not drink and drive? Should I be judged on what I did in 1980 or what I am doing today?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
So, tapping somebody on the shoulder, making attempt to hold a hand, or taking the chance on the first kiss is assault. Who wants to data a guy that is not even willing to take a chance on a first kiss?

Not comfortable to act like an adult and actually talk to someone about those things?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Or how about,

Hey, your cute. Can you please give me a time line and required goals so I know when it is appropriate to initiate the first holding of hands?

Depends on what the woman is doing at the time. That is highly inappropriate if you corner her at work where she's expected to be nice to a customer.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Should I be judged on what I did in 1980 or what I am doing today?

Both. What you do should not have been wrong at either time. If it was, you do not have the correct set of ethics to be in power.

I don't expect much out of common rabble. If you want to be part of the nobility though (such as it exists in the US) you need to be better than that. You should be capable of extrapolating every action you take in life, out decades and take the appropriate action based on that. If you can't do that, make room for someone who can.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I don't expect much out of common rabble. If you want to be part of the nobility though (such as it exists in the US) you need to be better than that. You should be capable of extrapolating every action you take in life, out decades and take the appropriate action based on that. If you can't do that, make room for someone who can.

You don't make any sense... What I do is not wrong at either time, so you want to take all your life experiences and then judge them all by today's standards. No one until Kavanugh has been put under that microscope.

Is there a person on this planet that can live up to all future standards their whole lives...lol full if it...BTW

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Is there a person on this planet that can live up to all future standards their whole lives...lol full if it...BTW

Yes. Many can, and do. It's not even that hard, because by being a good person you can get into a leadership position and shape the nations future standards.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So, tapping somebody on the shoulder, making attempt to hold a hand, or taking the chance on the first kiss is assault. Who wants to data a guy that is not even willing to take a chance on a first kiss?

Not comfortable to act like an adult and actually talk to someone about those things?

What are talking about?

You

Grabbing someone without prior consent is assault. You don't get a free grab, and then it only becomes assault the second time.

Please define what is permissible. You are the one trying to make every act assault?

You ignored the examples of the first attempt at holding a hand, the risk of a first kiss. The romance of risk, or adventure. You are just throwing the blanket of assault on everything.

There is nothing wrong with taking the risk of reading body language to initiate a little romance as long as you stop if it is not returned in kind.

So, are you grown up to explain what is permissible at the start of each date. I would think I would want anything you declared in writing.......

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: SaturnFX
You're claiming she lied...do you have proof of this?

Yes. All of her witnesses shared the same story that they have no memory of such an event every happening. Ford said she's got a fear of flying but flies everywhere. Has a fear of small spaces and single doors but lived in a 500 sq ft apartment with 1 door for 8 years. Can't remember anything about the party except Kav and drinking one beer and the three witnesses that already said they don't recall. So many holes in her story, how could anyone think she's telling the truth?

Everything you said is your opinion.
I fear flying...but I fly a lot
What is considered small space? a closet? a coffin? a 2000 square foot house? all subjective
Would you remember clearly the events of something that happened to you 40 years earlier outside of some major event?
etc.

Is her story proof? no...not even remotely close. Its absurd it was even brought up. The only take away to have of this is that if you get assaulted...go to the police immediately while all the real evidence is present and you remember things clearly...along with any friends or witnesses that were there.

But saying someone is lying is you either being psychic, or having undeniable evidence....I suspect neither are correct statements...and the ops is suggesting nailing a person simply for their view that they must be lying because there is no backing evidence...however, when people get hammered for slander, they get that way for false representation of something solid...this is simply he said, she said. We don't know the truth so we can't say absolutely, however what we can say is that people are presumed innocent until proven guilty...no proof, no guilt...but that doesn't mean she is lying...just no proof if her claims.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Please define what is permissible.

Not following through with unwanted groping is a good start.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Please define what is permissible.

Not following through with unwanted groping is a good start.

Again, you

You gave a blanket statement totally void of common sense.

Is giving a child that doesn’t want a shot assault. Ok to hold down a screaming child for multiple shoots is ok, but spanking is bad? Is giving CPR to an incapacitated person assault. Is reaching out to steady a falling drunken women assault. The claim she cannot give consent because she is drunk? What about medical procedures for a drunk person?

So your statement should be “grabbing an unwilling individual in a sexually explicit manner, or totally void of goodwill is assault.”

That is very different than, “Grabbing someone without prior consent is assault.”
edit on 11-10-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 11-10-2018 by neutronflux because: Added more

edit on 11-10-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You're claiming she lied...do you have proof of this?

She changed her story 3-4 times...
She lied when she was asked to fly to meet the Senate committee by claiming she fears flying, even though she has flown all over the world not only for business but for pleasure.
She lied claiming it changed her entire life, yet her former boyfriend of 6 years says she never mentioned this, and he even states Ford helped a friend pass a polygraph test.

Plus her demeanor during her testimony shows the persona of someone who is more than willing to manipulate her audience. Such as her leaning from side to side as she was asked questions and responded to them. She is a psychologist, she knows the ques to use to manipulate her audience into "believing her."

Then there is the fact that ALL the witnesses she mentions did not corroborate her story. Not even her friend Leland, and there is the last statement Leland made that Ford's other friend Monica McLean, a former FBI agent..., had pressured her into changing her story to corroborate Ford. Not only did Leland say this, but that right after she had been pressured she stated "she believed Ford," and Leland continued to state that it was the tactic used by "Ford's allies." Of course, Ford had to belittle her own friend, Leland, by claiming "she has health issues and needs to take care of herself."

thepoliticalinsider.com...
edit on 11-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Everything you said is your opinion.
I fear flying...but I fly a lot

She was asked to fly to meet the Senate committee and her answer was that "she fears flying..." Hence she lied. She stated she could not go because she fears flying, yet she has flown even for leisure... She refused to meet the Senate committee and her reason was "I fear flying..." Context makes the truth come to light...

But then again, when Grassley offered for the Senate committee to fly to her what was her response?...

Ford said she was willing to talk with staffers and committee members if they came to California to speak with her, but did not think that was an option. When Grassley said he had made offers to fly out to talk to her, she thanked him but said she did not know at the time what his communications meant.

Link

edit on 11-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Is giving a child that doesn’t want a shot assault. Ok to hold down a screaming child for multiple shoots is ok

Protecting your children from disease is responsible parenting.

but spanking is bad?

Yes, beating children is bad.

Is giving CPR to an incapacitated person assault.

That's rendering aid. I suppose it could be non consensual if you were disrupting a suicide attempt, but since suicide isn't legal in that manner (or at all in the US), it's not a crime.

If suicide were legal, you were aware the person was attempting to commit suicide, and you use CPR to stop it? Yes, that would be assault.

Is reaching out to steady a falling drunken women assault. The claim she cannot give consent because she is drunk?

She can however give consent once sober.

What about medical procedures for a drunk person?

Again, see the suicide issue.

So your statement should be “grabbing an unwilling individual in a sexually explicit manner, or totally void of goodwill is assault.”

So when a guy in a restaurant grabs his waitresses ass as she walks away? Still assault. When you get a woman drunk so she'll be easier to sleep with? Still rape.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join