It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Democrats and Republicans see Kavanaugh in such different ways?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I can' speak for anyone but myself. I view Kavanaugh in the lens of innocent until proven guilty. Democrats who disagree see him in the light of guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
To my eye, the government has been weaponised against the people......No matter whos in power....
The msm also the same.....
Anyone espousing individual liberty is destroyed by either side.....
2nd amendment is on the way out....
jury nullification is being hidden from the people by those who want an obedient and passive world population.
Any attempt to thwart this agenda is met with severe consequences from above....
The simple fact you all miss is that both sides are of the same elite class....they want to perpetuate their status and their wealth intact for the next generation to also keep people down and ignorant as possible....This is not new......
to the OP im soory girl your country is deeply a part of this too....

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm one of a few who have stated for quite some time that the Supreme Court needs term limits.

Just imagine the disaster if Hillary The Feckless has won!

It's become the standard to rule (not through legislation) but through the courts.

It's how Obamacare was passed, when the mandate was considered a tax by the Supreme Court.

Our nation is divided. It's only going to get worse.

The Supreme Court does have a term limit. They serve for life. If we could get rid of that, things would be easier. After they die, just roll the box into the room. Then we won't have to go through all this nonsense again anytime soon. If we make the term shorter, we'll have this circus on a regular basis every so many years with each one of them.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Rational reasoning, logical approaches are an anathema to US politics.

WE (us here, on ATS) could have a rational debate and come up with all sorts of rational compromises and solutions.

But in the real world where madness reigns, it's only going to get worse and uglier because that is what all the politicians want.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. We should be running things.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It's Not the Ways , it's the Means .......

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I thought I liked mashed potatoes and bud light because they’re effin delicious. I didn’t know I was politically predisposed to like them. I’m so confused

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
I thought I liked mashed potatoes and bud light because they’re effin delicious. I didn’t know I was politically predisposed to like them. I’m so confused

Yeah, well, I thought I wanted a polite, well-behaved child because it's just plain obnoxious and embarrassing to be the parent whose kid is clinging to your leg screaming at you because you didn't buy him ice cream or some toy or something, and he knows that if he just screams loud enough, long enough, you'll cave to shut him up. It's also embarrassing to be the parents of that kid who won't sit still and eat his meal when you're all out to dinner.

You know, things like that.

Nah, I guess I discovered from this piece that it's because I don't want him to be curious and open minded and explore things ... like the food on the plate at the table next to us or something.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Democrats want to appoint a liberal justice, and republicans want to appoint a conservative justice. It's that simple. There's nothing more to it. Neither side truly cares about the allegations or the truth.
Some on the left probably gave Ford some incentive to say Kav did that stuff. Others on the right probably wouldn't have cared if Kav had done it.

They all simply want their political ideology in power.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Democrats/Liberals need to just come out and say they oppose the guy/gal because of their political leanings. Clearly articulate why they think those political leanings would be bad for the country.

The obvious BS of accusing them of crimes 30+ years ago and character assassinations and mudslinging has to stop.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Today, Justice Kavanaugh hired a staff of law clerks that is 100% female. First S.C. justice to ever do so.
www.newsweek.com...

Republicans: Good for him!

Democrats: More Women to Rape!

edit on 10/8/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
RE: Why do Democrats and Republicans see Kavanaugh in such different ways?

Because the Two Party + MSM System tells them to.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's how the Russians view what is going on. I'd like to give this guy a medal for having the balls American media sorely lacks.

edit on 10/9/2018 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join