It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another old CE3 encounter, amfreville france 1947: humanoid encounters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: james1947

nope, both are real phenomena done by the cosmic trickster
see the work of vallee,keel,caravaca and others and then we will talk

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: james1947
Well, that is exactly what I did; question Betty's drawing. Just as Ms Fish did, and we both found it a highly accurate depiction of near-by stars when NOT viewed from Earth.

Where is it viewed from?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: james1947
Well, that is exactly what I did; question Betty's drawing. Just as Ms Fish did, and we both found it a highly accurate depiction of near-by stars when NOT viewed from Earth.

Where is it viewed from?

My view is from HIP=26737 RA: 85.21669, Decl: -31.350, Dist: 122.3478ly

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

I've seen their works, very much, not impressed!

And, Loci isn't all that bad once you get to know 'im...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sorry, but, I was thinking about your pseudo references there...

And, ya know what?!!?
In my wee paper I'm not offering conjecture, but established science; Astrophysics, Computer Science (specifically Computer Vision), and Mathematics. NOT some random thoughts that may or may not have any relevance.

While the named authors have contributed greatly to the body of literature that is "ETH", they only provide a body of work that is plausible, not necessarily probable.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

why? they basically solved the UFO phenomena, by throwing cliche explanations out and trying to understand the phenomena under a brand new angle

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

and even if by a very small chance, you analysis turns to be accurate, then IDH still isn't debunked, because such a entity could easily trace some random stars near the solar system and claim that its a "trade map" (something wich is impossible, because all stars [and their respective orbiting bodies] are orbiting the galatic center at different speeds)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

why? they basically solved the UFO phenomena, by throwing cliche explanations out and trying to understand the phenomena under a brand new angle

I don't see a solution there, in fact none of them has explained anything very well. Like, just where are these entities from? How did they get here?

All they have done, in my opinion, is muddy the waters by "making things up"...Conjecture, is all they have.

and even if by a very small chance, you analysis turns to be accurate, then IDH still isn't debunked, because such a entity could easily trace some random stars near the solar system and claim that its a "trade map" (something wich is impossible, because all stars [and their respective orbiting bodies] are orbiting the galatic center at different speeds)

Well, I'm not trying to debunk IDH, I don't know enough to do that...even with a degree in Physics.

It appears that you still haven't tried to understand the "map"...Mr. Entity didn't just "trace some random stars", and neither did Betty, or Ms. Fish, and I've already explained where I got my stars...And, neither were these stars near any specific solar system, nor do they appear in a random order based on distance. The distance can be up to 60ly or so.

And yes we are all orbiting the Galactic center, but the differences in that rate are comparatively small. Do you really think that something that happens on a "millions of years" cycle is going to affect something that happened 50 years ago? The ONLY reason the stars have "changed" in the past 50 years is because of better measurement technology, and not because of any natural process.

As to the accuracy of my analysis; as I have already said. you have all the data and tools to verify my work, IF you have not, please refrain from speculation on the probability of correctness.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

in my opinion, is muddy the waters by "making things up"

any proof of that?

It appears that you still haven't tried to understand the "map"...Mr. Entity didn't just "trace some random stars", and neither did Betty, or Ms. Fish, and I've already explained where I got my stars...And, neither were these stars near any specific solar system, nor do they appear in a random order based on distance. The distance can be up to 60ly or so. And yes we are all orbiting the Galactic center, but the differences in that rate are comparatively small. Do you really think that something that happens on a "millions of years" cycle is going to affect something that happened 50 years ago? The ONLY reason the stars have "changed" in the past 50 years is because of better measurement technology, and not because of any natural process. As to the accuracy of my analysis; as I have already said. you have all the data and tools to verify my work, IF you have not, please refrain from speculation on the probability of correctness.

space trade routes are pure science fiction, space is in constant movement unlike locations in earth

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

All you are doing now is proving you know nothing about space science, the constellations, or related fields.

Instead of making yourself an opponent of every comment, try a little bit of constructive thought.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

prove me wrong...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

in my opinion, is muddy the waters by "making things up"

any proof of that?

Well, actually, that's an opinion, so...no proof required beyond me saying that it is my opinion.

space trade routes are pure science fiction, space is in constant movement unlike locations in earth

Yes, as I said, stars are constantly moving, and it takes around 230 million years for the Sun to complete 1 orbit, so over the span of 50 - 60 years, there is comparatively little change, and yes the Sun will move by hundreds of millions of miles, but, compared to 40 light years, that is a small change.

So, doing the math; Sol (the Sun) moves about 0.00003057ly in 1 year in 60 years thats: 0.00183ly. If One can cross 40+ ly to visit something, or to trade, that much movement is insignificant. And, those numbers assume the rest of the Universe is static and unmoving...which it isn't.

I tend to agree with NoCorruptionAllowed; you should try a bit of constructive thought, you might also try actually doing your own research...learn new things. That's one of the things I like about this environment; other posters say thing that provoke thought, and cause me to go and find the truth.

ETA: I'm sorry, I wanted to include these 2 links about stellar motion.

Link1
Link 2

edit on 27-10-2018 by james1947 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well, actually, that's an opinion, so...no proof required beyond me saying that it is my opinion.

well at least you know

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:37 PM link quote reply originally posted by: humanoidlord a reply to: james1947 any proof of that? Well, actually, that's an opinion, so...no proof required beyond me saying that it is my opinion. space trade routes are pure science fiction, space is in constant movement unlike locations in earth Yes, as I said, stars are constantly moving, and it takes around 230 million years for the Sun to complete 1 orbit, so over the span of 50 - 60 years, there is comparatively little change, and yes the Sun will move by hundreds of millions of miles, but, compared to 40 light years, that is a small change. So, doing the math; Sol (the Sun) moves about 0.00003057ly in 1 year in 60 years thats: 0.00183ly. If One can cross 40+ ly to visit something, or to trade, that much movement is insignificant. And, those numbers assume the rest of the Universe is static and unmoving...which it isn't. I tend to agree with NoCorruptionAllowed; you should try a bit of constructive thought, you might also try actually doing your own research...learn new things. That's one of the things I like about this environment; other posters say thing that provoke thought, and cause me to go and find the truth. ETA: I'm sorry, I wanted to include these 2 links about stellar motion. Link1 Link 2

thats still big enough to cause trouble

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:37 PM link quote reply originally posted by: humanoidlord a reply to: james1947 any proof of that? Well, actually, that's an opinion, so...no proof required beyond me saying that it is my opinion. space trade routes are pure science fiction, space is in constant movement unlike locations in earth Yes, as I said, stars are constantly moving, and it takes around 230 million years for the Sun to complete 1 orbit, so over the span of 50 - 60 years, there is comparatively little change, and yes the Sun will move by hundreds of millions of miles, but, compared to 40 light years, that is a small change. So, doing the math; Sol (the Sun) moves about 0.00003057ly in 1 year in 60 years thats: 0.00183ly. If One can cross 40+ ly to visit something, or to trade, that much movement is insignificant. And, those numbers assume the rest of the Universe is static and unmoving...which it isn't. I tend to agree with NoCorruptionAllowed; you should try a bit of constructive thought, you might also try actually doing your own research...learn new things. That's one of the things I like about this environment; other posters say thing that provoke thought, and cause me to go and find the truth. ETA: I'm sorry, I wanted to include these 2 links about stellar motion. Link1 Link 2

thats still big enough to cause trouble

lol
I live about 2 miles outside of a city near Dallas, Tx, New York City is some 1611 miles away. IF New York City was 40 light years away, that small amount of stellar drift (0.00183ly) would be less than the distance to my wee city, or about 1.6 miles of drift.

Now, I don't know about ET, but, I personally, could design a navigation system capable of compensating for stellar drift that small. Although, I would need to find a database that has the proper motion of all the various stellar groups, and it would be rather math intensive...but possible with current Terrestrial technology; so...I really don't think that any civilization that can travel 40ly for exploration/trade will have any difficulties in that department. Oh, and I could put my navigation system on your phone!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

man, this thread seriously outlived its premise.
i made it just to discuss a UFO sighting!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join