It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok. UFC 229 live in 4 hours. whats your predictions?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So has there been any news of what kind of penalty Khabib will get for that crap?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
So has there been any news of what kind of penalty Khabib will get for that crap?

only thing that is official is they kept his fight purse so he is out 2 million US

other than that not sure yet. i am sure we will start to hear this week

i am sure NASC is going to fine him and he will be suspended.
hopefully it ends with that

dana said he could be stripped of the title if he is suspended and for how long

i mean they stripped tony after a few months after he got injured

only the golden boy can hold the belt and not defend for any length of time

edit on 7-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
1 more for the hell of it

twitter.com...

conor punching first

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Do you mean GSP=golden boy?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Do you mean GSP=golden boy?

i mean conor

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Ah ok

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
this might help khabib but i know # about the law

Nev. Rev. Stat. § 203.030 It is illegal in Nevada for anyone to “willfully provoke, or attempt to provoke, another person to commit a breach of the peace,” by word, sign or gesture. This is what's known as a “fighting words” law, and it prohibits language or conduct likely to illicit an immediate violent response

dillon danis was calling him a terrorist and waving him over

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
you have to think conor must feel really small right about now.

he got beat down in front of the world after talking all that #

he said over and over again that khabib would be dead if he got off the bus. kept saying khabib is/was scared and woldnt do anything.

so conor flies a couple thousand miles with about 20 dudes to attack a bus to 'kill' khabib.

but khabib was scared and wouldnt do anything

so then khabib smashes him in front of the world then jumps out of the cage into the middle of conors entire fight team/camp to smash dillon danis

kind of funny how it all played out

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Late to the thread, so easy for me to say I thought Connor was going to tire and be outclassed. Which he was. Sadly, while an ugly end to the night, it will get a tonne of new and old fans to watch ufc 229. And I think the ufc will gain big from this. Not so much from the brawl...

But from Lewis. The end of that match, man that was epic, and dang funny too! Instant Lewis fan here!
And Ferguson, wow - his cardio is insane and Pettis put up a great fight - and was sensible enough to say when enough was enough taking his trainers advice without arguing.

It's those two fights that were memorable really for me, the Khabib/Connor match seemed sluggish and forgettable. (until after the bell).

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think conors boyfriend dana wight should take the blame for the post fight farce.
he encouraged conors obnoxious behaviour now he has the nerve to condemn khabib for reacting.

edit on 7-10-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Agreed. The lewis fight, for me, was better than the main event. Unbelievable come back.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: RoadCourse

its all good sir

i am a dick a lot of the time

all is well

Ha. Understatement of the year!

But I got mad respect for you now.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Qumulys

Agreed. The lewis fight, for me, was better than the main event. Unbelievable come back.

Great fight.

I was pissed I missed the entirety of the Tony fight. Too busy trying to find a working stream. That was about the time all the streams got bombarded.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Kinda funny seeing Dana pretending to be mad, this dude loves any hype.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Oh yeah, you have to see the Ferguson fight, it was a terrific battle and that guy just does not let up the pressure (and not pressing against the cage boring pressure, I'm talking fists and legs and fitness on the next level. I'd pick him over Connor in a heartbeat. If you get the chance to watch it, do so, because that and the Lewis fights were absolute cracking great highlights, a couple of the best fights I'd say in the last 10 UFC's. And I cant wait to see Lewis on the Rogan podcast, it sounds like it will be one heck of a crazy good laugh.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
you have to think conor must feel really small right about now.

he got beat down in front of the world after talking all that #

he said over and over again that khabib would be dead if he got off the bus. kept saying khabib is/was scared and woldnt do anything.

so conor flies a couple thousand miles with about 20 dudes to attack a bus to 'kill' khabib.

but khabib was scared and wouldnt do anything

so then khabib smashes him in front of the world then jumps out of the cage into the middle of conors entire fight team/camp to smash dillon danis

kind of funny how it all played out

Not just that, but during his ground and pound , you could here Khabib say "You want to talk now?!!!"

I also read that they are already talking about a rematch and that the UFC confirmed its in the works.........

Which is stupid, Conor got beat handily, there was no competition, he dominated him from start to finish and knocked him on his ass repeatedly...........

Take your medicine Conor, you talked a lot of racist crap and anti muslim crap, and called his people traitors to their country..........then you got your ass beat for it........learn your lesson and move on..........

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i think a lot of that is rumors based off a tweet from conor

--good knock. will be ready for a rematch--

as far as i know people took it from there about the rematch in the works but i dont know.

you have to remember that the fighters have to accept the fight as well. the UFC can offer the rematch to both but 1 of them could turn it down.

i really dont think conor wants any part of that rematch but what else is he supposed to say?

his head coach is on rogan today so hopefully we can get some insight into a lot of things.
i am hoping it is not a bunch of excuses. john kavanaugh seems like a stand up guy so we will see

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
well Khabibs dad is going to lay the smash

www.abovetopsecret.com...

“I will be very hard on this,” Abdulmanap told Ren TV. “I warned him. For me, discipline comes first. You do whatever you want in the Octagon, [but] outside — this is the border of civilians, where there are children, women, strangers.
” And while Khabib’s father was furious, he took responsibility for what took place.
“Still, I am responsible for this,” Abdulmanap said. “This is my team.
Despite the fact that I was not allowed to go to America, I do not relieve myself of responsibility.”

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join