It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from Men

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Nobody was beating up on men, they were only investigating an alleged rapist being nominated for Supreme Court Justice, you seem a little muddled.

They were beating up on men. The mobs immediately declared her statements as truth and that he must be lying.
Why?

They had no evidence. After investigation and testimony there was still no evidence. And yet, they did not change their minds.

The only reason they believed her and not him is because he is a man.
Is that logical?

The vote was 50-48 so many did not believe him, it has nothing to do with beating up on men.

Almost every one of the 48 were Democrats voting on party lines. If there were no allegations they would still have voted that way. This was always about opposing Trump's pick no matter what.

Don't know if you were paying attention to the protesters or not but they appeared to be largely women and the theme was very anti-male.
edit on 7-10-2018 by TheAiIsLying because: spacing

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Great attitude. I feel the same and even in one bad relationship I've taken the good of it with me!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Make sure that you teach other women how to do this. It is good to know things necessary to survive in the world we live in if things go sour.

I brought my granddaughter to clean turkeys one year at my friends farm, she learned to appreciate the work that she does not need to do to put these foods on the table for meals. She was about forteen years old at the time. She also changed her first tire at about six years old on our car, she used a big commercial floor jack to lift the car, an air impact wrench, and a torque wrench to final adjust the lug nuts. We have redone brakes on her car twice now, she helped me on my wife's car when she was about fifteen for the first time. I have to put new brakes on my wife and my car, she will help me with that, then we need to put brakes on her husbands car, all three of us will work on that. She is twenty years old now and has been learning all sorts of stuff, including how crabby her grandfather can get when things won't go right sometimes when working on a car.

edit on 7-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the sentiment. although it is sad people feel it needs to be said.

As a man I have learned men are not as bad as the media and a few squeaky wheel makes out.

Step outside your house and I just do not see the problems at such a scale as people make out.

So some guys are a bit rapey, there are billions who are not.

Some women are a bit rapey too. But I don't vilify all women because of it.

We need to judge individuals on their actions, not throw entire gender and races under a bus.
It's all getting rather stupid honestly.

I know I'm a good human. I don't need validation from people I never met, and I will not be held accountable for the actions of others just because they have the same chromosome combination as me.

Really, the problems in the West are not that bad, it's just a few tend to make the most noise and blow things out of proportion.

I will not stop being a man, or a human, just because it hurts some persons feelings somewhere in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Shapiro did something on this.

Essentially he blames feminism for robbing women of the opportunity to make men better.

My wife made me. Everything about me was because she fertilized and watered the soil i was growing in. Id be a shadow of myself without her.

I too am the same , I wouldnt be who I am today if werent for the strong women who have shaped my life , my grand mothers, my aunts, and my mother, my sister and my fiance'

I thank them all

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

Nobody was beating up on men, they were only investigating an alleged rapist being nominated for Supreme Court Justice, you seem a little muddled.

They were beating up on men. The mobs immediately declared her statements as truth and that he must be lying.
Why?

They had no evidence. After investigation and testimony there was still no evidence. And yet, they did not change their minds.

Is that logical?

The vote was 50-48 so many did not believe him, it has nothing to do with beating up on men.

Almost every one of the 48 were Democrats voting on party lines. If there were no allegations they would still have voted that way. This was always about opposing Trump's pick no matter what.

Don't know if you were paying attention to the protesters or not but they appeared to be largely women and the theme was very anti-male.

I also noticed that the Republican gender ratio was almost all male, while the Democratic gender ratio was somewhat more representative of women.

I didn't see this as being anti-male, what I saw was that privileged white men or women wielding great power can never again feel safe in their boots ever again because those of lesser power can now use their voices and will challenge any criminal or bad behaviour. I also saw and read that the protesters are of the belief that Kavanaugh will reverse the Roe vs. Wade precendent because it goes against his religious faith and because he can.
edit on 110CDT09America/Chicago04890931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't usually break out of certain other forums on ATS, but this one has brought me out.

Its nice to see some positivity in the world and on ATS, as we all know misery loves company!

People always seem to forget that, we thrive better together, regardless of gender or beliefs. If only we stopped, took stock and learned from each other more, the world would be a much nicer place. I know that's quite a utopian perspective, but its quite true.

Good things are sadly seldom celebrated, there seems to be a force that wants to isolate all peoples of the world onto smaller and smaller self contained islands that want to war with each-other.

Thanks for this post.. good day to you all.

edit on p561119182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Too bad those aren’t the guys being put into positions of power :/

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So... basically your claiming females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost, if they didn't have a bloke around to constantly bark orders at them?

...Fair enough.

You have twisted her words to satisfy your zombie like narrative. But that is normal for leftists. The difference now is tha people are pushing back.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Wonderful post, thank you!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: ketsuko

I was sneaky. Married her the day before I turned 22. I don't forget my anniversary. She has.

This is terrible I know, I don't know our anniversary either. We got married in Costa Rica and the people in charge of our wedding changed the day we had chosen and I have never been able to remember since then. It is either the third or fourth. So, when our wedding license came in the mail I thought this will clear it up. It says the day is the " thirth"! We have our anniversary celebration on the third and fourth. Not kidding at all.

Make it a part, underline part, of a password that you use frequently.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You are a great woman!

I have a 18' boat with a 50hp motor. I can cook fish. I really can. My boat has a trailer, and the trailer is licensed even.

I can send you many stats on the boat, and my fishing tackle. Can you clean fish?

Would you like to marry me????

P.S. It's a really cool boat!! The tags are even current!

ETA - I jest, of course. It's a long running joke about a boat.

Too funny, like the ad for a woman wanted that has a tractor, send photo of tractor. Actually happened to me. I married her and she has been keeping me out of trouble for 20 years. Beautiful lady!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: worldstarcountry

A man is potential. The woman puts him into gear. At least in traditional human society

Feminism has almost destroyed that

Exactly. I grew up with a father who was a complete gentleman and he taught me to be the same. When my wife and I first started dating, she's 13 years younger than me and a Millennial (but doesn't claim them), she was shocked that I open doors for her. Her generation sees that as a man subliminally saying she's incapable of opening her own door. That's definitely a direct cause of feminism. But my wife was never like that, she appreciates it.

One morning on the way to work, she was being really ungrateful to me and after all I'd done for her, it really pissed me off, so I opened the door at work, walked in and didn't let her go first or hold it for her and she almost walked into it. I felt really bad but didn't say anything, it really hurt her feelings, too. That was the only time I ever did it.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
From a man I learned how to fly fish; my twin brother helped me through Geometry and Calculus; my dad taught me too many good things to list, but the most important thing he taught me is that I'm unconditionally loved; my most influential and main teacher for my craft was a man;

and from some men, in general, I learned that sometimes you just have to be a big giant dick.

I always got a good chuckle out of my friends that would claim that they'd been with hundreds of women. I prefer to be genuine, always have, and a gentleman albeit rough around the edges. My buddies were all butt holes to their GF's and several times, the girls would reach out to me when they finally broke things off but one thing I could never do is date my friends' ex GF's because I know how I would have felt if they'd done that to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sex and gender has long been weaponized.....I too open doors for people regardless if it's a man or a woman purely because it's polite..Nothing more....it's just called being a good nice person.

We don't have to label everything with something..people should just be nicer to eachother lol..but oddly that's aiming too high for modern society it seems....we really haven't evolved as much as we would like to think we have....

edit on p55303182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: LSU2018

Sex and gender has long been weaponized.....I too open doors for people regardless if it's a man or a woman purely because it's polite..Nothing more....it's just called being a good nice person.

We don't have to label everything with something..people should just be nicer to eachother lol..but oddly that's aiming too high for modern society it seems....we really haven't evolved as much as we would like to think we have....

I like when a man opens a door for me. I do the same for them too. It really is just about being kind to each other.

Thank you again everyone for your posts.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So... basically your claiming females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost, if they didn't have a bloke around to constantly bark orders at them?

...Fair enough.

Funny how when folks listen, they hear completely different things.

So OYK made a claim like that? Would you mind pointing it out?

I am going to go out on a limb here... and suggest this: I bet OYK had a either a decent father, brothers (uncles, grandpa etc etc...) and she learned from them... because SHE IS CAPABLE, SMART, TENACIOUS... ETC...

If we are to believe your world view inference... she should have REJECTED any kind of learning that was accessible, BECAUSE it's exemplar was a man. Interesting. Last I checked... men are about 50% of the population, more or less.

So... you're not at ALL sexist, are you? With a way of thinking like that, you are a knuckle dragger... mebbe a dumb guy or maybe a dumb gal... but a sexist knuckle dragger nonetheless.

Good luck with that...
edit on 8-10-2018 by dasman888 because: gerbil zombies

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: ketsuko

I was sneaky. Married her the day before I turned 22. I don't forget my anniversary. She has.

This is terrible I know, I don't know our anniversary either. We got married in Costa Rica and the people in charge of our wedding changed the day we had chosen and I have never been able to remember since then. It is either the third or fourth. So, when our wedding license came in the mail I thought this will clear it up. It says the day is the " thirth"! We have our anniversary celebration on the third and fourth. Not kidding at all.

That is truly hilarious... the God(s) are/is laughing at you. LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Very nice OP...

I expected a hit piece.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Why?

Is that logical?

Oh yes it did. The reason YOU don't think so is because you knew better than that.

There are tons of folks, both women and men, that, as much as they want to give anyone with a story like that, the benefit of the doubt... that without corroborating evidence it must be treated as a null.

Now, despite it being about beating up on men, what it was REALLY about was trying to manipulate people emotionally for political gain.

I don't much care for Kavanaugh... he is the poster boy for the kind of guys that gave me a lot of trouble in HS. When all this broke loose, I really had to work at being discerning with facts that were supported by evidence.

THAT is what I love about the principles behind The Rule of Law. I could use them to set aside my bias about Kavanaugh, and simply come back to the guidelines of centuries old principles.

If there HAD been genuine evidence, I would have wanted his a** dumped in a NY Minute.
edit on 8-10-2018 by dasman888 because: Zombie pack rats 3

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join