It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from Men

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

thank you. there is more to us than what we can do with our penis. the words man, Male, guy are almost synonymous with rape, boner/penis, and horniness, or lust.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So... basically your claiming females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost, if they didn't have a bloke around to constantly bark orders at them?

...Fair enough.

Who said anything about barking orders? Teaching someone is "barking orders"?

Something is seriously wrong with you.

And yes, a world with only women would be lost and hopeless in general without men and vice versa! We need each other. Why is that such a bad thing to you?

If you're implying OP said a woman always needs a man nearby or she is lost and useless... I refer you to my precious comment:

Thank you for proving again that your way of thinking (and that of those like yourself) is simply... unsustainable.
edit on 10/7/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My wife made me a better man.

Good point and my better half keeps tweaking me for the betterment of mankind since.

I left my Wedding ring at home on purpose to keep from losing it when I took it off to do work in the lab in my early lab days. We were burglarized and it was stolen. I never bought a new one and there is no need. I am a one woman man. Thanks for such an uplifting topic Onlyyouknow.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: neo96

What I have Learned from Woman...Hmm...NEVER Answer their Question - " Do these Jeans make me Look Fat ? "

A Few Others ....

Why don't you Like my Mother ?

Am I a Great Cook or What ?

Do you like the Color Hot Pink for the New Bathroom Honey ?

You know , that Trash won't take itself Out , eh ?

Questions to say YES to are

Does this make me look skinny?

Do you like my haircut?

Will you go with me to _________?

All of those are yes!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Correct. It is a yen yang thing. My wife fills the gaps of all my inadequacies. It is nature. Women are amazing teachers of compassion and love amongst many other things. It is nice to talk about all the positives about our existence together instead of the problems.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

So... basically your claiming females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost, if they didn't have a bloke around to constantly bark orders at them?

...Fair enough.

Yeah... that's she said.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
After all of the Kavanaugh madness; I want to celebrate men, instead of beating up on them. In my life I have learned from different men:

How to protect yourself
How to have confidence
How to play poker
How to hunt, clean, and cook animals
How to grow vegetables and fruit
How to catch bait and fish
How to work on vehicles- sometimes yelling "check the fuses" solves the issue.LOL
How to listen
How to make fire

There are many more examples than this brief list.

I realize that some women have had a different experience.I just wanted to leave this here as a recognition of how great the majority of you Men are. I thank you.

Nobody was beating up on men, they were only investigating an alleged rapist being nominated for Supreme Court Justice, you seem a little muddled.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your posts. I truly appreciate them.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Nobody was beating up on men, they were only investigating an alleged rapist being nominated for Supreme Court Justice, you seem a little muddled.

They were beating up on men. The mobs immediately declared her statements as truth and that he must be lying.
Why?

They had no evidence. After investigation and testimony there was still no evidence. And yet, they did not change their minds.

The only reason they believed her and not him is because he is a man.
Is that logical?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

They were beating up on men. The mobs immediately declared her statements as truth and that he must be lying.
Why?

They had no evidence. After investigation and testimony there was still no evidence. And yet, they did not change their minds.

The only reason they believed her and not him is because he is a man.
Is that logical?

The vote was 50-48 so many did not believe him, it has nothing to do with beating up on men.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

...Fair enough.

I didn't see anywhere on this thread where anyone said females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost without a man. That is the kind of distortion of facts that has created this gender issue. This thread isn't even about women but you found it necessary to jump in making an inaccurate statement that paints women as victims. This has been a wonderfully positive thread until you came along . At the end of the day there is something really wrong with doing that. Somehow, I bet you feel like a victim in a number of ways, it seems to be a lifestyle choice for some.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

...Fair enough.

I didn't see anywhere on this thread where anyone said females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost without a man. That is the kind of distortion of facts that has created this gender issue. This thread isn't even about women but you found it necessary to jump in making an inaccurate statement that paints women as victims. This has been a wonderfully positive thread until you came along . At the end of the day there is something really wrong with doing that. Somehow, I bet you feel like a victim in a number of ways, it seems to be a lifestyle choice for some.

Yet the OP mentions in the opening post that some women have different experiences, so here is an example. We can also learn much from women.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Real men or, real women, are hard to find. Samuel Colt made them all equal. America has fallen into the same nonsense as Europe. Your own life, liberty and "pursuits of happiness" is worth more than a thousand "crowns". That's The U.S.A.! Women and Men are free here. As long as you are willing to defend it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

...Fair enough.

Yet the OP mentions in the opening post that some women have different experiences, so here is an example. We can also learn much from women.

This has you all offended...

The 2nd comment in this thread payed the same respects to women. Most of us men understand the women in our lives make us better people. Like most women understand the same... Hence the OP.

Did you miss that?

Or are you strictly going off what you learned in gender studies?

You seem to have a problem showing respect where it's due.

The op was just trying to convey that all masculinity isn't toxic. Just like femininity isn't weak. Do you disagree with this?
edit on 7-10-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you: BlueAjah, pointessa, Jay1980

Inthelight, I respect you and you get to say what you want too. In my posts I have acknowledged women as well. This thread is as others have said, is to celebrate men after an intense bruising they have received that has painted them all as sexual deviants.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It may seem that I bash women on here many times, and I have certainly made no friends over it, because we live in an age where you can't say one word about a particular "type" of woman, Muslim, person of color etc. without somehow offending them ALL. Most of my rants on here are about Man Hating feminists, which I feel like I have a right to bash, as they do it to us publicly, and consistently...with public support. However, every now and then a gem like yourself, will speak up and look at men as more than just an expendable waste, or a hurdle in the path of female agenda, such as domination, control of men, and obsoletion of men. I applaud YOU in return, for being a TRUE equality seeking female, and realizing that we all have something to offer and men and women should supplement each other, as opposed to taking each other out over foolish politically driven agenda's. Kudo's to you, and you have my utmost respect, not only as a human, but as a female that should be an examples to all other women. You have no clue how rare you really are.
edit on 7-10-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
My father instilled in me my passion—— he hasn’t been the best dad to my siblings and I, or husband to my mother- but he taught me great things that shaped my path.

My husband.... has helped me grow into a person I never knew I could become. He unobtrusively set before me so much truth, and sat back to allow me the room to take notice of it, never forcing me to grow but ever ready to encourage me.
And while we’ve had some immensely tragic pitfalls, he has shown me what a good husband and father can be. He is an amazing person. And while I have learned so much from him, he gives me credit too- for being the woman behind his best self. He acknowledges that his life would be much more different (and likely harder) without me there.

My son, who is only 2, has taught me patience in a way that none of my 3 girls had😂

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh
Thank you very much too.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Shapiro did something on this.

Essentially he blames feminism for robbing women of the opportunity to make men better.

My wife made me. Everything about me was because she fertilized and watered the soil i was growing in. Id be a shadow of myself without her.

True dat. I Live for my Wife. I wouldn't be anywhere close to who I am if not for her. I see boys at my son's highschool and I just shake my head at what they will become on their own.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join