It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

So... basically your claiming females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost, if they didn't have a bloke around to constantly bark orders at them?

...Fair enough.

It's sad that you think of men like that.
You really think that a man constantly barks orders?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Some (most) women know better than to ask if something makes her looks fat, if she really expects an answer she’s probably looking for a fight.
As to the rest, most likely loaded questions, it would be best to keep quiet and just nod.a reply to: Zanti Misfit

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sassyone
Some (most) women know better than to ask if something makes her looks fat, if she really expects an answer she’s probably looking for a fight.
As to the rest, most likely loaded questions, it would be best to keep quiet and just nod.a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yes . I Usually Pretend I am Asleep ..........)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Actually, if I ask my husband that question it's either because I think I may have lost weight or because I am trying on something right on the edge of what my figure can support.

He knows I'm in earnest and to be honest.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Aye we are not all bastards really.

Woman are great also, they make us think before we act for one thing.

Truth is we are two halves of the one whole and compliment each other perfectly when in balance.
edit on 6-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I've learned that most women are very intelligent, given they keep far away from me.

That's not intelligence that's raw instinct.

Instinct will draw them to me......intelligence is when they turn and run.
edit on 6-10-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Smart man a reply to: Zanti Misfit

edit on 6-10-2018 by Sassyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You are very fortunate. Even when I’ve lost weight, I don’t ask. reply to: ketsuko

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Truly, you are fortunate. Even when I’ve lost weight I don’t ask. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My wife made me a better man.

My wife did the same for me . It is a wonderful thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Truly, you are fortunate. Even when I’ve lost weight I don’t ask. a reply to: ketsuko

I am not the typical woman, too. He's aware of that.

Generally, he answers the same way. Either you look great, or he'll tell me something about it isn't really me. If he says the former, I'm good to go, and my usual reply is something like "Of course you have to say that; you married me (with a big grin)." If it's the latter, I shrug and put it back or ask him to bring me the next size up to see if I still like it.

He loves me even if I'm trending a few pounds one way or the other.
edit on 6-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
After all of the Kavanaugh madness; I want to celebrate men, instead of beating up on them. In my life I have learned from different men:

How to protect yourself
How to have confidence
How to play poker
How to hunt, clean, and cook animals
How to grow vegetables and fruit
How to catch bait and fish
How to work on vehicles- sometimes yelling "check the fuses" solves the issue.LOL
How to listen
How to make fire

There are many more examples than this brief list.

I realize that some women have had a different experience.I just wanted to leave this here as a recognition of how great the majority of you Men are. I thank you.

No problem! Thank you. I raised my own daughter, exactly in line with your list. She is married now, to a very good man, and going to medical school. She still doesn't realize she will end up in space. But, that's ok. I love her.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I learned softball, basketball, how to hurdle and how to high jump from men.

Men taught me calculus and chemistry. I learned enough anatomy and physiology in a semester of high school to win the state Science Olympiad in it from a man.

Several men, including my father and grandfathers, modeled what a great husbands are to me. As a result, I have a wonderful husband and I've only been married once in my life.

I have been with my husband since I was 21. A total 24 years. Shhhh Don't tell anyone.

Fortunate man.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
From a man I learned how to fly fish; my twin brother helped me through Geometry and Calculus; my dad taught me too many good things to list, but the most important thing he taught me is that I'm unconditionally loved; my most influential and main teacher for my craft was a man;

and from some men, in general, I learned that sometimes you just have to be a big giant dick.

True, dat!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I didn't realize all Men were being compared to one guy?

Well, apparently Judge Kavanaugh was the scapegoat for all women who were ever victims of sexual assault. This is what my thread is about, it is about how men have enriched my life and made me stronger. They have been told told to shut up and sit down, I am saying the opposite.

Thank you. I believe you represent the huge majority of women.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You are a great woman!

I have a 18' boat with a 50hp motor. I can cook fish. I really can. My boat has a trailer, and the trailer is licensed even.

I can send you many stats on the boat, and my fishing tackle. Can you clean fish?

Would you like to marry me????

P.S. It's a really cool boat!! The tags are even current!

ETA - I jest, of course. It's a long running joke about a boat.

Admit it! Not completely jesty...ammirite? ;o)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah...ummmm...I really do have the boat, as described!

It's a Lund Alaskan with a 50 horse Merc on it. Flies like a rocket. I don't use it nearly enough.

Not looking to mate though. Just an old man with a boat.

Knew it! You rascal!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So... basically your claiming females are hopeless in general and would be totally lost, if they didn't have a bloke around to constantly bark orders at them?

...Fair enough.

Men and women have different strengths. Neither can survive and thrive without the other.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
most important of all, how to be insensitive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join