It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have learned from Men

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hahahaha, that sounds great, but we both know our spouses are the ones for us. Goofy

edit on 6-10-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Thank you for your post.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Exactly!

Mine is solid as a rock for me. I've had some really rough years with chronic migraine, and he walked through that fire with me. Our first years after marriage were rough ones between me being sick most of the time and financially poor like many new couples are. He was solid for me. He went through bad drug interactions with me. He took me to the ER when I needed it. I even bit him once and he never batted an eye.

He's taken me through neck surgery, too.

Before we'd even gone out for long, he was willing to go across to the student union while I was competing at a track meet and purchase that most embarrassing of female products for me because I couldn't go do it myself and I needed it.

We've always split the labor where we could. He never once bats an eye when I ask if he can stay home with our kiddo.

He's about the best partner in life one could ask for.

But because of this woman and her accusations, I'm supposed to turn my back on all of that experience and believe her? Men cannot be trusted, with anything ... ever. I mean, I watched a reporter interview a lady who said if her own husband were accused like Kavanaugh was, she'd turn on him! What kind of man does she have in her life?!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Yeah...ummmm...I really do have the boat, as described!

It's a Lund Alaskan with a 50 horse Merc on it. Flies like a rocket. I don't use it nearly enough.

Not looking to mate though. Just an old man with a boat.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would like to thank you as well, and my wife and I have raised our son to show respect to everyone .
And taught him how to treat a woman too.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know, I was just joking with you. The boat sounds cool though.

edit on 6-10-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've learned that most women are very intelligent, given they keep far away from me.
edit on 6-10-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

50 Horse on a light aluminum 18' foot boat...I can skip across about anything. This boat flies!

It's a tiller steer motor. It'll go! I've been through tangle in this boat on the east coast, the mountains and the west coast.

Caught a lot of fish on this boat, a whole lot. Traded a 35' center console sport fish for it (an old one). I can run this boat up on the shallows and catch monster fish (think- Muskies and Pike).

Love me a woman who can filet a fish!! AND, one who can fish in some ugly, bad, weather (when the fishing is the BEST). When the water is the roughest, when the waves crash over the gunwales, when we're up to our knees in water!

I could tell you stories, big stories, but fish stories are always ...."just some kinda BS" (except some are REAL).

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How to burp,fart,scratch myself in private places.

The statement was what women have learn't from men - not "what you stooped so low to....."

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How to swear like a sailor

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My granddad taught me too much to list, to be honest. Gardening, putting up fences, how to irrigate fields the old fashioned manual way when you don't have a sprinkler system, plowing, roofing a house, feeding the all and sundry animals on the farm and how to feed orphan calves with a bottle. Blanket and halter training of colts and had he not slipped too far into alcoholism, I'd probably have learned welding as well. He was amazing at it and built anything from furniture to fences and barns.

Stepdad taught me how to maintain my car and do a boat load of house repairs.

My uncle was so damned smart and taught me geology, eventually leading me to a great interest in paleontology. I never managed to follow up on that dream, but the base in science did stick with me to a degree in Medical Technology working in a hospital lab.

All of them were big on hunting. Me... nope. Not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole. No Bambi killin' for me lol.

But to be fair, my grandmother taught me so much about gardening and farming and repairs as well. Was never too fond of killing chickens and turkeys, but I can do it and can clean and dress them too. She taught me cooking, but that was only a small portion of what I got from her.

As far as teachers, I had the bad luck that most of the male ones were also coaches in my small town and the comedic stereotype of the lazy coach teacher was pretty spot on. Sadly. It wasn't until college that I found that stereotype shattered by the most amazing teachers in Physics, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry/Organic Chemistry, Trig and Calculus.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
How to swear like a sailor

Yes, that too. However my great grandma, who rolled her own cigarettes could out swear any man. She was a legend.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

My wife made me a better man.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I've learned that most women are very intelligent, given they keep far away from me.

That's not intelligence that's raw instinct.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
My granddad taught me too much to list, to be honest. Gardening, putting up fences, how to irrigate fields the old fashioned manual way when you don't have a sprinkler system, plowing, roofing a house, feeding the all and sundry animals on the farm and how to feed orphan calves with a bottle. Blanket and halter training of colts and had he not slipped too far into alcoholism, I'd probably have learned welding as well. He was amazing at it and built anything from furniture to fences and barns.

Stepdad taught me how to maintain my car and do a boat load of house repairs.

My uncle was so damned smart and taught me geology, eventually leading me to a great interest in paleontology. I never managed to follow up on that dream, but the base in science did stick with me to a degree in Medical Technology working in a hospital lab.

All of them were big on hunting. Me... nope. Not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole. No Bambi killin' for me lol.

But to be fair, my grandmother taught me so much about gardening and farming and repairs as well. Was never too fond of killing chickens and turkeys, but I can do it and can clean and dress them too. She taught me cooking, but that was only a small portion of what I got from her.

As far as teachers, I had the bad luck that most of the male ones were also coaches in my small town and the comedic stereotype of the lazy coach teacher was pretty spot on. Sadly. It wasn't until college that I found that stereotype shattered by the most amazing teachers in Physics, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry/Organic Chemistry, Trig and Calculus.

Great post. I have also had the blessing of great math teachers as well, all of my algebra and chemistry teachers were male and were fantastic.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
See, that's the issue, most gals can't gut a fish!

I can filet a fish in about 18 seconds, skin and all. No waste, just a nice boneless, skinless, flitet. Ready to drop into the batter and oil. Mountian Trout I can do even faster. I can have them in the butter and oil in less than 10 seconds, gut free.

Now, you see, the wife can clean a dang Pike! One of the hardest fish to clean ever. She can though.

Oh,,,,and I have a boat!

LOL!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i know how to protect and work on cars lost on the rest ...

if i had to start a fire with no lighter or matches i would be dead for sure

hmm...you know theres fuel in the tank and a battery ...think 2 wires, spark - fuel.....Fire!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

And you know, because men taught me so many of those things, uncluding a lot of the things you listed like fishing (dad taught me), I'll be able to teach my son those things in turn.

My husband, as wonderful as he is, did not have an outdoorsy or sports type upbringing, so some of these things I learned from men, I will teach to a young man now in my turn.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

from the OP

I realize that some women have had a different experience

I realize that you have a different experience when it comes to comprehension

you claim
basically your claiming females are hopeless in general

Basically you're looking for attention?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What I have Learned from Woman...Hmm...NEVER Answer their Question - " Do these Jeans make me Look Fat ? "

A Few Others ....

Why don't you Like my Mother ?

Am I a Great Cook or What ?

Do you like the Color Hot Pink for the New Bathroom Honey ?

You know , that Trash won't take itself Out , eh ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join